Posts by FarleyUK

No worries, will get on it tomorrow!

Found a different vid, including the solo -

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've updated it since then, but should give you an idea of how the solo sounds!

So, had a bit of a setback trying to learn the solo..... spent last night and this morning in hospital with at least three fractured ribs from judo!

Makes playing the guitar somewhat uncomfortable, that's for sure.

Blimey!!

Thanks so much, really appreciate it; to be fair, I'm in agreement that the 'only' part to nail with harmonies is the outro arpeggios so your post is incredibly helpful - thank you!

Just need to get the time to try it now.....!!

Hi all!

We've been booked for a birthday gig, and they have requested Hotel California.... as the only guitarist in the band, it's proving to be a challenge learning it, let alone trying to get the right settings for the solo harmonisation.

I saw an old thread on this from 5 years ago, but wondered if anyone has got a profile with the settings that I could use.... or if anyone has any advice on how to set it up to match the harmonies for the outro solo?

Thanks all!

Cheers guys, understood! I guess that's one of the dangers of the band not having a 'sound engineer' - we don't know what to do or how to get the best sound from the PA. The other two just leave it all up to me, so I'd be interested in trying the above methods.

What I'm currently thinking is - use the iPad (that runs the DL806 Master Fader mixer app on to control the PA) to generate pink noise, and run that through the PA. Then use an RTA spectrum analyser app to see the rough EQ we're getting, and then use the Master Fader app to EQ the PA outputs so it's more flat.

For the Kemper at home, I use a pair of Sony MDR-7506 Studio headphones. I was told these are good for reference level setting, but if there are better ones please let me know!

EDIT: Just ordered a pair of 250 ohm DT 880 PRO's, as that seems to be the generally recommended set for the Kemper.

Interesting.... never knew about this approach!

Of course, the DL806 desk doesn't have a pink noise generator, and neither does the Kemper.... just wondering if there's another way to do it. Could run it via the iPad input, but then I'd need some way to measure it... maybe using an app on another ipad / phone?

I've recently ditched my backline of 2 DXR10s and am now running the Kemper directly through our PA (via a Mackie DL806 digital mixer / PA).

I have noticed that the sound is quite a lot different to the sound I'm getting via the headphones out on the Kemper, and know that - obviously - the speakers have a different response and curve compared to the headphones.

However - can anyone suggest a way to EQ the PA so that it more closely matches what I hear in the headphones? The desk has an RTA that shows the frequencies etc. being used by the Kemper inputs on the desk, and I can of course apply an EQ to the inputs - but I'm not sure how to go about working out what to boost / cut to match the headphones.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I’ve also mailed Stageclix, both sales-e-mail and support-e-mail. The sales-e-mail isn’t used anymore but the support-e-mail is still working, and I’ve had a reply from Stageclix. It said Stageclix will continue, and it’s only a rumour that they’re going out of business.

I’ve also contacted Thomann about this so called rumour, they will investigate it and get back to me asap.

The sales email not being used anymore, along with the 'rumours' would personally give me some alarm bells....

Yeah, fair point - completely see where you're coming from. I think it just comes down to a mix of people's individual experiences and expectations - for example, while I'm certainly not angry or anything at the delay with the update, it does seem a bit counter-intuitive to me to hold back the release of a working update just to roll that in to another, bigger update, with no idea when that in turn will come out.

I'd have thought a drip-feed approach with releasing patches when they're ready would show customers that the company is working proactively on things etc. But hey, maybe that's why I'm not a CEO ;)

I'll see your Line 6 and raise you Apple, iZotope, Waves, Eventide, Lexicon, PSP, SoundToys, Korg, MOTU, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments... you get the idea.

It's not "bizarre". Quite the contrary; the vast majority of the most-successful companies in the industry say nothing.

They also don't announce a new feature and then delay releasing it by many months by packaging it into something else when it seems to work as a standalone update...... but I see your point.

I'm constantly changing how I use the remote - I used to have one performance per 'amp', with slots 1 to 5 increasing in gain accordingly.

Now, I have a performance per amp 'type' - for example, my Top Hat performance bank (my main one) has a couple of AFD amps in there, a Silver Jubilee, and a couple of Jimi's Caswell modded JCM's (one Greenback, one v30). I then have a wah and a morph pedal connected as well, across all performances (although the wah can be assigned to a different effect on certain patches - for example, a pitch shifter).