Posts by FarleyUK

Just to make everyone aware (I certainly wasn't!) - the amp settings etc. are ONLY included in the studio and DI packs; so if you get the just play or Essentials packs, you will not be able to see what speakers, settings etc. were used to capture that profile.

Kind of annoying, especially if - like me - you want to know the cabs and speakers used....!

(This is not a personal dig, but something I don't think is clear at all on the website).

I'm having a hard time dialling in a decent lead delay setting. Running stereo, so I tried the dual delay; but it just sounds a bit 'tinny' and not right somehow. We play mostly classic rock covers, so I'm trying to get something in that ball-park.

I have it set so that the morph feature increases delay mix and feedback, and also increases reverb level - but it just doesn't sound right to me, no matter what I do with the delay settings..

As I'm the only guitarist, I need something to fill out the solo sound a bit; any suggestions on what to do and any decent delay / reverb settings you can suggest?

I'm not sure I agree. I like this forum, but like the Fractal forum, people on here get VERY defensive about Kemper and Kemper practices. I'm just saying it like I see it and the way some individuals react on here irritates me. Sorry if that upsets you. I'm sure the way I act irritates you.

I dunno mate - the Fractal forums are a whole other level of heathen-burning!!

OwnHammer GNR Greenback set. That's the only set I need, and I've purchased hundreds of IRs. These are by far the best, IMO. Ownhammer seem to consistently outperform everyone else as well.

GNR voicing, SP2-05 is the best one I have ever heard.

One other thing to be aware of - you would ideally run a 'larger' (i.e. louder) signal from the Kemper into the DXR, and have the level on the DXR lower; I've found this reduces any noise / hiss on the DXR. Feed it a hot signal, instead of using the level on the DXR tpo compensate for a low level going into it.

No - DI profiles are designed to have a third party IR used (that's what I use for 70% of my performances). The DI profile is the pure un-coloured sound of the amp.

No idea about the Engl though, sorry.

Little bit worrying, only owned it for a month or two and I can hear something loose inside. Works fine, but I'm obviously a bit concerned.

If I open it up to take a look, will that void any warranty? And how easy is it to get inside it and put it back together?

Ah, the modern western world curse. I'm impatient, I want it now, I want/expect instant satisfaction.

I bet you're fun at parties.

The point is, the Kemper is great as is. However, with this release being teased for over 3 months now, I don't think a request for an update is unreasonable seeing as the price of admission is pretty steep and you 'buy in' to the product development life cycle.

Just an update to this.... I'm using the pedals now as follows:

1 x Spring Loaded Mission EXP pedal as wah, heel off
    1 x Fractal (boooo) EXP pedal as volume control pre-stack, with toe-down being 0 volume, heel down being -2.6
    1 x Misison EXP pedal as a morph for solos. Toe down adds more delay and reverb mix, 2.2dB boost, cuts some bass and treble and adds some gain while also engaging a noisegate

Seems to work well in practice!

This is really bugging me - I have all my profiles in subfolders based on the creator. I want the exact same columns shown in each folder - can you set this automatically? Or do I need to go into each and every folder and add the columns I want?

Also - why can you not search for a string at the parent folder level? For example, if I want to find all instances of 'ADA' in all of my profiles, I should be able to search just in the parent folder - NOT have to go into each and every sub folder individually.

Are you using the volume to increase level or to cut level?

If the stack is set with the maximum amount of gain you will require i.e. the solo level and you simply reduce the volume pre stack for your cleaner sounds it should sound pretty acurate. You can set the range so that full heel down isn't OFF but your cleanest level.

The Kemper does a good job of reducing gain but isn't so good at increasing it beyond the original profile level. If you think about it that should be quite logical as the profiling stage sends a signal at various levels so it has a fairly good idea of the gain structure up to the max level for the amp as set during profiling. However, increasing the gain beyond the profiled level means the KPA has to guess how the gain structure will react at higher levels. Therefore, using the volume pedal as a booster may not give the results you want.

I was using it to increase the volume going in to the pre-stack, so using it to increase gain.

So if I understand what you're saying - I set the gain for each profile at the max I would want, and use the EXP pedal as a volume control pre-stack, but reduce the volume to reduce the gain...?