Posts by Ghormenghastly

^ yes, what Job Posthuma says - even if a charge strategy hasn't really been considered yet it would be useful to find out what capabilities there are in the Player - could it support another FX block? Could it support one of the enhanced Delay blocks? Or is it processor limited? Or limited by available development time?

No promises (we don't need to go down the NDSP route... :D ) but be very interesting to see where it could go.

the Player offers a limited selection of effects compared to the other models. There are no additional parameters that would allow you to recreate the exact same settings.

I think partly what confused me is the (wifi) app in demo mode listing all options that won't be available from a Player.

Fortunately for me at least I have a H9 if I need more post rig effects.

Appreciate the reply.

- yeah nice additions in that video.

But how about the missing delays and distortions? Is there an effective workaround with additional parameters that seem to have been included with the Single, 2 tap & Legacy models? That might easily provide enough scope to get the same approximate result even if it wouldn't directly translate from a full Profiler?

I'll likely buy one because the Bluetooth app will work well for me in my use case but it would be good to fully understand the quite reasonable limitations that apply.

Thanks Ruefus . I had skipped through that video and assumed it didn't apply to the Player. Some nice stuff but I feel I may miss some of the long established Distortions and Delays from the Rack. Yet reading the manual seems to suggest that "all" the parameters are available to match specific effect types that don't actually list as a specific type? Is that anything like right?

I'm auditioning all options for a portable (12v or less) and each has it's drawbacks but the Kemper's amp models still stack up well.

Does anyone know if & when additional effects might come to the Player? Has there been any suggestion of this?

The initial choice of just 3 delays and 4 distortions is a bit limiting especially when I already own a rack.

The Android app lists all effects - it works with something other than just the Player presumably?

I can live with the reduced number of blocks (vs a Stomp or ToneX) but is this a future possibility? Appreciate portability comes at a cost just weighing up the significant pros & cons against the competition.

I get that.

Estimates certainly not helped in the past.

Appreciate that things don't always go to plan & like many prefer a product that is reliable.

So, fine. We don't know when the editor will appear but it will. And it will work.

Fair enough.

Omnisphere is on my "to buy" list ;)

Sadly though, my cash level is quite low at the moment because of buying the Kemper. But I hope I'll be able to get it within the next months.

It really sounds great.

- it is. One of those purchases that genuinely keeps giving (not unlike a KPA) but the recent hardware integration is an absolute blast - works really well. It's a lot cash for a virtual but its one hell of a virtual.

And pertinently I am using my Virus Indigo II as a controller for it.

Out of curiosity, how do you have it routed? Do you run a stereo set up?

I ask because I also have an RC 300 that I would like to incorporate into my set up. I am running stereo, one side is the powered Kempe amp, the other side is a line out to another amplifier. I’m trying to find the best way to run the looper so that I can still use the panorama feature in rigs to create a stereo effect on each of the individual channels of the RC 300.

Stereo in - stereo out - but my In is from a mixer fed by my KPA plus an AX-8. Works great like that - RC300 is pretty flexible and still seems to be the best option available (and I keep looking...)

Never been a fan of Mixcontrol but its a necessary to control an otherwise very good audio interface.

I have an AX8 - no usb audio there either but thats OK - avoids some Windows grief when several "sound cards" present as options. That said most recent AX8 FW has started muting my 18i20.

It's not a perfect world.

I kind of like having dedicated audio interface but maybe that's just me...

I don't see anything to suggest trolling here?

I have 18i20 and the software is not the most intuitive - it's all there but it's easy to miss something and it's had me scratching my head more than once. I only use the analogue outs into my 18i20 though.

Persist there is an answer.

Its a ground loop for sure and its not the more typical hum as its fluctuating HF noise similar to that which gets picked up as you approach a PC, monitor etc.

And that is an interesting approach - essentially breaking the ground loop after the simple splitter?

Just to put this into context tho - I am using hi gain amps with stuff like the treble booster in front - really a worst case scenario to amplify any background noise and its not like the noise gate couldn't help on the KPA. Like to avoid gates - even a really good one has a rather pronounced effect on the sound. When I think back to how things were when I used an EHX treble boost into a Muff Pi there was more noise than signal!!!!