Posts by Sebaseba33

Hi all.

I have just updated from 6.0 to the latest beta available and updated also rig manager to the 3.0 beta version...

The problem is that rig manager finds 125 performances inside the kemper. I had 20 perfomances created by me and stored but now I find other 105 performances named “new performance” with only the 1st slot used by a fantomatic crunch rig and undeletable from rig manager...

Is is a known bug? Normal behavior?

Thank you

Hi All.

I want to show you my just completed pedalboard to use mainly with kemper (but also with my tube amps if needed/wanted).

It is not one of my neatest works but it is certantly the fastest built I have ever made, it has all been assembled (cables and dedicated boxes too) in one day.

The idea is to use the musicom Lab MKV setted as the kemper remote, 5 sounds per bank and switch 6 is programmed for tap tempo.

I can access to CC with a touch of the dedicated buttons so I can turn off/on the stompboxes (etc...) just like on the remote (it is only less fast to program...), so I can use it as I would do with the remote board that I use for smaller gigs or reharsals

the signal goes in this way:

IN --> Ernie Ball volume (with buffer) --> Xotic Wah --> musicomLab:

loop 1 - Effectrode PC2A

loop 2 - Origin Effect Cali 76

loop 3 - Effectrode Fire Bottle

loop 4 - FEA Labs Photon Fuzz (a hell of a pedal, I love it)

loop 5 - Leqtique MAR (tubescreamer like pedal)

loop 6 - Kingsley Jester

loop 7 - Skreddy Lunar Module

loop 8 - TC Electronic stereo chorus flanger (mono in - stereo Out)

loop 9 - Eventide H9 Max (stereo In&Out)

volume loop (always on) - TC Electronic VPD1 (controlled by the musicom lab internal releè)

(the order of the loop is not fixed, the musicom lab is able to change the position of every loop including volume loop)

The musicom lab is the core of the 4 cable method because after hitting the VPD1 the volume loop goes into the input of the kemper (amp), the Kemper Fx send goes back in the vol loop return, the musicom lab buffered stereo out (with the left isolated from the right by an internal transformer ) goes to kemper stereo fx return (return + alternate input).

The big advantage here is that being able to reorganize the loop order i can decide to put all the pedals in the kemper loop of move some pedals in fornt and other in the Fx loop according to my needs...

The two expression pedals are fractal audio EP2 mini... they are just perfect. Currently they are attached to H9 and musicom lab and I use them with the kemper thanks to midi...

I am thinking to do a dedicated cabling to attach them directly to the kemper since I am noticing some latency due to midi... For now they are just fine organized like that... should I need to use the whammy of the kemper the latency could become a problem... but for those Fx I have the H9 that has all my "legacy" fx from "before kemper" inside...

The tuner is always on and attached to the dedicated tuner out of the musicom lab.

The selah effect Quartz MkII is used as a display for the sound used (given that the display is big enough i want to indicate also the stomps programmed in the sound as a quick memo). I will use the capability of the quartz to manage up to 3 external two buttons controllers to send midi CC and PC if i see that it is too difficult to use the switches of the musicom to turn fx on and off in the kemper during live performance.

All the loop labels and the grips are fluorescent so that I can see them in the dark.

All it is powered by the new Ciocks DC/7 (light and powerful) attached to a Strymon Ojai

What do you think?

yess!

After a bad adventure I had with a used (then proved to be stolen with all the troubles with Police and law...) kemper I am proud to be a kemper user!

I had a magnificent deal on a kemper power rack+remote sale in a local shop that was selling out everything at 30% discount for their 30th anniversary and had the combo at the price of the sole rack unit!!!
    ^^^^^^^^

Now the stolen kemper is at the home of the rightful owner and I have my brand new shiny unit to play with...!
    Sebastiano from Italy

Hi.

I have just updated the kemper to the last version.

I find a strage behaviour of the kemper:

When i try to set treble through treble knob, if i move it very slowly... No problem, i am able to set treble content without issues, but if i move it a little bit faster than "very slow" the output section opens automatically and i find myself settings headphones volume instead of treble...

Is there a setting, that i am missing, that makes the kemper behave like this or is it a bug of the new release?

Thank you!

I bought an used kemepr on ebay on aug,

given the behaviour of the buyer I asked kemper to verify if the unit was stolen given the S/N.

Well It was actually a stolen unit, I was also contacted by German police to trace the seller, results?

I have all my money in my pocket, the seller is in big trouble but, most important thing, the kemper is travelling back to its rightful owner.

So do not loose hope my friend!

I use the kemper remote but I am also using several midi equipment on my pedalboard, since i prefer to manage them on the board to be able to make changes on the fly. I am speaking of H9, case bliss audio pedals and so on.

To manage those midi pedals while using the remote i have to run midi connection from kemper to the board in addition to the 5 cables (guit in, Fx send mono, Fx return stereo + remote ethernet).

My wish is for a midi box small enough to fit under the board (just like the one that case bliss sells to manage via midi their pedals) that can provide midi in&out connection being connected between the kemper and the remote...

I do not know if the communication protocoll allows it but, in my opinion, this could be a good improvement.