Posts by chrischris71

I just ordered a red sound passive lg12 Stack Version. (using powered Kemper) After contacting RedSound they told me that the shipment is free now for limited time.

I was not really satisfied with the sound of my passive 1x12 Vox cab. Was okay, but headphone always sounded better.

I will share my experience as soon as I get it.

I am using the Kemper and Cubase 9 and it sounds really good.

I set the output to -12db for main out and use the Stereo out only for Wet signal and the monitor output also to -12db for stack.

I have to turn on cab sim since I turn it off when practicing with my passive cab.

Please make sure you turn on cab sim when recording through Cubase. For monitoring I use my studio monitors.

After a lot of testing and trying out your suggestions I finally have almost the sound I was looking for.
    Here is what I did:

• First I changed the cable between the Kemper and my 1x12 which made it better (I will buy a really good cable since I saw what difference it makes)
    • Second I changed the Input sense. My guitar seems to have a very very high output so I had to turn it down to -6.0db which made a huge difference
    • Third I changed the pure cabinet setting to "off". It seems that pure cabinet is also used for monitor out, not only for headphone out as I expected
    • The volume I am using is also a factor (the louder the better), but I found a sweet spot for practicing without having the police in the house every day ;)

Thanks everybody for your suggestions, I am really impressed how close to a real amp I can get with the Kemper.
    The only tweaking left is searching for a real good profile (merged) and tweak it to my liking. I love Bogner XTC Ecstasy and Mesa Boogie sounds for distortion and Boogie, VOX and Fender sounds for clean.

Any suggestion is welcome, I would also spend money for good profiles, if I can try them first.

Thanks again and rock on...

I will try today with higher volume just to sort it out.
    I will also try a good headphone and compare the sound. My budget ist not allowing me to buy another active monitors now, maybe later.

But I will try to plug in to my DAW and listen back on my active Studio Monitors. (samson)

I have done that. Monitor Cab is off!
    I was searching the internet for my problem and found a thread where the solution was simply turning up the volume... I will try that, but since it is not possible to play very loud at home it would not be a valid solution.

Thanks for the clarification regarding the profiles...
    I tried both merged and direct profiles. The powered monitor output is connected to the cab (passive 1x12). I will try another cable today evening.

Probably the input setting is the problem. My guitar has a very high output, so I set the input sense to -3.5db. I will set the output eq (monitor output) to 0 for all settings and try again.

I will also try to download merged profiles, do you have any recommendations for a good clean sound (AC30, AC15 Fender) for my guitar?

Yes, I tried direct profiles and merged profiles (don´t know the difference if there is any)

It does not make a big difference... Is there any difference in sound if I un-link the monitor output from master volume and set the volume in the output section?
    Is it possible to reset the input/output settings only?

Hi to all!

I got a powered Kemper 4 days ago mostly for practicing, small gigs and recording. I practice at very low volumes.
    For playing at home I use a BC112 Vox 1x12 cab (V30 speaker) and turned cab sim off for the monitor output. (monitor output is linked to master volume, main outputs are not linked)

I get good sounds, but all of them are a bit muffled and lack a bit of the high frequencies. Yesterday I messed around with the input and output settings, especially with the output eq for the monitoring outputs. (and made it worse)
    The distorted sounds are OK, a bit muffled, but the clean sounds (Vox AC30, Fender Twin Reverb, AC15) are muffled and sound kind of dead compared to the same sounds used by other people online.
    I have not tried the main outputs or headphones yet, but I think I use wrong settings for my setup. The guitar I am using is a MusicMan Majesty 6 string model.

Has anyone the same cab and can give me a hint where to search. I think it has something to do with my input/output settings. Since I already messed with the settings, is it better to do a factory reset and start over?

Appreciate any help...