Posts by ericlCarde

I got a powered head but I'm not using the powered out with my setup. My initial plan for the kemper was to run it into my Orange cabs but I realized that the v30's color all the tone so much that it defeats the purpose of having a unit like this. I was thinking passive FFR but ended up just going with some relatively cheap powered JBLs. Does the job, but I would like to get a pair of high quality and very flat headphones in the future for tone sculpting.

I typically play on very clean channels and then blast them with high gain fuzz. Don't know if this is optimal for what I do but it's given me decent results so far.

When I get some extra cables I'll run the time based pedals in the effects loop. Not sure what's going on with them either.

What's the typical use of the alternate input in the back?

Thanks for the info!

Hey, relatively new owner who has been getting more into my kemper amp over the last couple of days.

I've noticed that my pedals react pretty differently with my kemper compared to my tube / modeling amps.

Dirt pedals don't usually give a volume boost. The only way I can get more output from ymkemper, besides increasing the master/non master volumes is to increase the input sensitivity of the clean and distorted channels. Could someone explain exactly why there are two separate 'input' sensitivities for clean and distorted even though the amp itself only has one input jack? Any tips for pushing profiles without increasing the kemper's gain? (which usually sounds pretty bad IMO. seems like the best gain setting is the one that the profiler used at the time of the profiling)

My delay and reverb pedals seem to have increased repeats/regeneration on virtually all profiles compared to tube/modeling amps. This seems strange to me. What's going on with that?

Thanks, this is an incredible unit and I want to learn how to use it effectively with my setup.

I've got a Ric actually but it's the high output single coil PU's. The Ric in BJM uses the lower output "toaster style" pickups. I can't really get my Ric to sound like that but I figured it might be an issue with how I'm setting up my amp.

See, I didn't think "classic fender sound" when I heard that clip, but I was advised that it's most likely a twin reverb. My experience is mainly with Orange style amps so the Fender amps are pretty foreign to me.

At least that's what I think the tone I've been chasing is. Example is the solo from the Brian Jonestown Massacre album:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What do you think? Twin reverb profile with reverb, low gain and cranked master volume? Maybe the problem lies on my guitar (I generally use humbuckers)?

I'm a new owner so I'm still figuring this beast out! Cheers everyone:thumbup: