Posts by schoko

Might be a bit offtopic, i started to figure out the communication between the kemper and the android app with wireshark (kemper connected via wlan repeater to my network, wireshark on the computer) -> could not find traffic besides UDP...

But there is a nice android app to capture the traffic, which worked -> so from time to time i try to fiddle out the captured file..

:)

about 14 bit with an example for sysex messages:

before the terminating x'f7' you have usualy 4 bytes for the value...

x'00 00 f7' to x'7f 7f f7' the highest possible value is x'7f' or decimal 127 or 14 bit( max 16383 i think)

meaning for a decimal value of 128 you have to decode to x'01 00', 129: x'01 01' ...

the first to bytes aka msb are calculated by multiplying with 127, the lsb adding to it by 1

or you can do bit shifting (7 bits)...

Thanks for the reply!

I could not spot that icon(weird) but if no request is sent in browse mode it would not help me(will try it also from daw)...

Many thanks for the suggestion about performances, this could lead to an difficult error to spot(if you are not aware of this)

Hi,

according to the midi documentation only 1 is valid for showing the tuner.

you are ref. that x'1f' is 31 decimal, and what is b0? (maybe some id for CC in fourscore)

-> The kemper uses 14bit instead of "typical" 16 bit

so 14bit x'31' are 49 dec. -> try this instead of "1f" (just a guess)

Hi,

when sending control change 48(value 0) or 49(value 0) the kemper switches rig right or left as expected. In the manual is stated that an icon should be shown for control change messages, but that is not the case?

Further assumed that when setting "ui-to-midi" and "pedal-to-midi" that the kemper reflects changed via midi (so i can be sure the rig has changed and i can request data via sysex). When e.g. switching a rig by hand, no control change is sent(while sysex in and out is working like expected, monitoring on linux with midisnoop).

I am on OS 10 Beta, any ideas?

Thanks

Please Kemper, give technical details for this project!

This is not Kemper related. My tryouts are to make midi controller for the kemper in the browser:

You can try it out and give feedback(it uses midi )!

Details are here: https://github.com/schoko11/KEKO-WEB

What is needed ?

1.) a new chrome browser

2.) a working midi connection to the kemper

(for now browse mode only)

It is not needed to use the github link, it should work by just copying the files to your android phone linux machine, etc... (Yes i am aware they are making an Android App, I started this long ago before knowing it...) -> This is a design draft with errors, i will try my best to fix the errors...

The other project(from jwinarske) mentioned here would use usb communication (and the first steps would be to get the usb packets).

What i missed from TJ's interview were some question's regarding NAM, how it could affect Kemper and it's competitors... (He started a question about ML, AI, but they drifted off).

Would be interesting to hear CK's opinion about that...(maybe not on the question list, which i think is quite common to ask for in advamce)

As a bit offtopic, but who could guess they are making android support...(which will make this kind of useless).

[Admin] Please post this elsewhere. It's entirely off-topic and this thread is already complex enough. Thanks.

Hi,

you have to send midi commands to kemper, the kemper has stored performances and rigs you uploaded (and of course some pre loaded)

so you have to

1.)switch to the currently needed performance

2.)change the rig of the performance

You have to take a look at the midi manual it is not complicated.

As far as i know you can't program the kemper, you can send midi messages to do perf. change, rig change etc...

nice, it is different from my approach...

for now i just stick with midi and it should run in the browser (when starting the browser with "allow-file-accesd-from-files" it should run locally without internet connection)

Sooner or later i will try the usb stuff...

if i can help with testing,etc. i am gladly helping out

Decoder stuff pushed. Next is to accept plain SysEx, add transport, and transmit. I'll refactor packets.h into logical SysEx packets as part of that process.

It's not 100% stable yet, as I need to sort out how I want to do sync vs async packets.

so this c module can later on be used to send in plain sysex and it communicates via usb to the kemper (as if you used rig manager)?

the usb commands would be the really interesting thing (use them instead of midi maybe) i have to try the install

I am at this point able to decode all the System Exclusive messages that happen as part of the RigManager exchange. Which the structure of all the packets are documented in the Midi guide. I'm printing out the raw (non-normalized) controller values.

What's not clear yet is what the blobs are used for. Maybe a DSP cache state.

Does anyone know of a hardware bill of materials (BOM) for the Profiler / Stage Profiler? I'm mostly interested in the SoC/CPU/DSP used.

I have read something about motorola hardware, hopefully i remember correctly.

As far as i know they just changed from 2019 models onwards something for the spdif hardware..(slave and master mode possible)

Great progress!

jwinarske

I am not sure if i can follow...

(EP1 is the part after "Access Music Electronics" and EP2 is after these,...?)

Access Music Electronics is some kind of standard...

As for Sysex messages and their length...

you can request multi paramters, which is quite essential(when requesting paramter and fx.. you want so save calls, but have to do more work on the receiving side.. -> especially if you want to collect a whole rig)

Did you record which action caused these messages, or is this at startup?

Cool. I have the transport pattern somewhat figured out. So grouping of logical packets (multiple USB packets) for TX/RX is next.

great!

i could test it from the typescript app(there is a promising npm lib), but i am afraid i could not help you here, thank you for your efforts so far!

Nice Work, i also tried a little bit to wireshark... but decided to do it with web technology...

(the gui still has issues but should give an idea, atm. i will setup an npm app and implement a proper toolstack -> to use it in the browser, regardless of the OS but limited to midi)

If you should find out the usb commands i could maybe benefit from it too (i didn't spend much time on it)

https://github.com/schoko11/KEKO-WEB

https://schoko11.github.io/KEKO-WEB/

it scales with the screensize, and shows (and hide) gui elements depending on the size..

Hi,

as recommended, I start a new thread aboud switching on and off the Stack section via MIDI.

I found another thread which is somehow old...
    Can anyone just post the sysex message I need for this? I don't want any explanations about how I can figure it out myself with the MIDI parameter documentation, it would take me at least two or three days which I don't have for try and error in studio.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

according to (not really elegant)

https://github.com/schoko11/KE…ob/main/modules/kemper.js

off:

F0 00 20 33 02 7f 01 00 04 41 F7

on:

F0 00 20 33 02 7f 01 01 04 41 F7

where:

F0 00 20 33 02 7f 01 // single parameter set

00 // i think that is off and 01 would be on

04 41 // addy of the stack

f7 // terminates it

hopefully that is right, could not try it out...

Hi Folks,

because there are some great Javascript libs out there, i want to try them out. (https://github.com/djipco/webmidi and https://github.com/g200kg/webaudio-controls)

The idea is to use a bluetooth midi adapter (CME WIDI MASTER) build a website with the afore mentioned libs, turn on bluetooth on your smartphone/tablet/compter and control the Kemper.

I also put a lot of work into this one, but the setup and the fact the Kemper Guys made an IPAD app (and maybe hardware requirements, lack of quality of the software itself...) let me no serious choice other than to abandon this project.

KEKO Kemper Midi Control via Touchscreen

WEBMIDIJS V3, which i intend to use seems realllyyyy awesome...

So i put a lot of hours into making a GUI.

Normally i wouldn't showcase something like this in an early stage, the intention is to get good ideas, feedback. I am not sure if it is worth the effort if it would be just for myself only...

(it really has a lot of flaws, and it has no functionality, resolution should be about 1000 px)

Chrome should be used(for now it does not matter, but later on when functionality comes into play), and yes i know errors show up...

https://schoko11.github.io/KEKO-WEB/#

I tend to put a long press and a normal press functionality to a lot of the buttons. I am aware of the dense layout, some components disappear on a small screen(STACK Section).

The Performance section would only be visible when in performance mode...

When there comes functionality into the game(later on) on the hardware side you have to use a bluetooth midi adapter (i did an successfull tryout with cme widi master), on the client side it needs a bluetooth 5 capable device. At the moment Linux is not supported, all other platforms should work, like ipad, iphone, android, win10, macos....

Thank you for the kind words.

This project is quite beta, and for users there should be somekind of a image (for a raspi) -> so setup is simplified, and hopefully i could simplify the code itself, i started with implementing a save function...

It would be nice if the server could be started on a mobile device, but on android i don't think that is possible....

No i have not tried that, maybe a good idea.

I did not try the ipad app and i don't have a remote.