Posts by schoko

Hi Folks,

because there are some great Javascript libs out there, i want to try them out. (https://github.com/djipco/webmidi and https://github.com/g200kg/webaudio-controls)

The idea is to use a bluetooth midi adapter (CME WIDI MASTER) build a website with the afore mentioned libs, turn on bluetooth on your smartphone/tablet/compter and control the Kemper.

I also put a lot of work into this one, but the setup and the fact the Kemper Guys made an IPAD app (and maybe hardware requirements, lack of quality of the software itself...) let me no serious choice other than to abandon this project.

KEKO Kemper Midi Control via Touchscreen

WEBMIDIJS V3, which i intend to use seems realllyyyy awesome...

So i put a lot of hours into making a GUI.

Normally i wouldn't showcase something like this in an early stage, the intention is to get good ideas, feedback. I am not sure if it is worth the effort if it would be just for myself only...

(it really has a lot of flaws, and it has no functionality, resolution should be about 1000 px)

Chrome should be used(for now it does not matter, but later on when functionality comes into play), and yes i know errors show up...

https://schoko11.github.io/KEKO-WEB/#

I tend to put a long press and a normal press functionality to a lot of the buttons. I am aware of the dense layout, some components disappear on a small screen(STACK Section).

The Performance section would only be visible when in performance mode...

When there comes functionality into the game(later on) on the hardware side you have to use a bluetooth midi adapter (i did an successfull tryout with cme widi master), on the client side it needs a bluetooth 5 capable device. At the moment Linux is not supported, all other platforms should work, like ipad, iphone, android, win10, macos....

Thank you for the kind words.

This project is quite beta, and for users there should be somekind of a image (for a raspi) -> so setup is simplified, and hopefully i could simplify the code itself, i started with implementing a save function...

It would be nice if the server could be started on a mobile device, but on android i don't think that is possible....

No i have not tried that, maybe a good idea.

I did not try the ipad app and i don't have a remote.

you can take a look at my project here..

KEKO Kemper Midi Control via Touchscreen

(because of the ipad app i didn't work on this in the last months, but i will dive into it again).

As far as i can remember without looking into the source...

preselected performances and slots...

-> nope.. i made a scanner that selects performance after performances and rigs after rig and requesting that name and storing that in javascript objects...

To get the fx for a stomp you get back x'.. 00 01 f7'

and that kind of messages (this is the "wah wah" fx, x'... 00 00 f7' means off). As for presets i am not fully sure, but i don't think this is possible...

Hope this helps a bit..

Hi, for my project i also need to send 2 midi messages, the cc and sysex x'00 00' for off.

Maybe you just have the wrong type of switch and send on and off while press once?

I could take a look into that tomorrow

i allready updated to 8.2.2.(one parameter with the new kemper fuzz does not behave like intended -> i wrote to the support).

I don't understand the rest of your post, you normally use a touchscreen or connect to the ip from a tablet or phone on the same network.

The pots just send values when "untouch" or release from mouse click, otherwise an insane amount of messages would be sent.

i can recommend OSC for such things

https://openstagecontrol.ammd.net/

I did my project with that.

did you post a wrong image? According to the changelog they changed the range of some eqs, maybe that is the reason. (if you are referring to the amp eqs, i could not explain that on the fly) maybe a short video via p.m. would help me understand that.

thank you! on the kemper Os 8.2.2! The rigs change from app to Kemper! If I rotate the Kemper pots the app sees the changes! If I rotate pot from the app Kemper doesn't see them!

This app is also x windows! C. Kemper doesn't talk about Windows applications!

ok, when they changed the hexadecimal numbers a lot would get messed up. But that is just a wild guess. Any chance you could try out 8.06?

Thank you for the Feedback, in my installation i don't have this issue, did you allready upgrade to the newest OS Version ? This is tested on 8.06.(i did not took a look into the changes of newest OS).

What is the server Platform, did you setup midi properly ?

I am unsure how to go further with this project, even when kemper peeps push out an ipad app, what's your opinion on that ?