Posts by AndyT89

I know I'm looking for trouble :) The main reason is that when I'm in a situation that allows me to use the Archon with the cab I don't want to give up and use the Kemper.
    I already know that I'll use the Kemper most of the time because it's more practical and functional in every way, but as I said for some special and big situations I'd like to be able to use my real rig. So I thought that I could find a way to integrate the Kemper in this situation as a effects unit. I wanted to have the real sound on stage with the Kemper as effects unit and also I wanted to use its cab sim skills so I don't have to mic the cab on stage. In this way I just have thought to get the best of both worlds...

Yes you would be on the same situation with the Kemper. The point is that the power amp cna be a significant part of the tone whoch is why you get massive debates about whether an amp like the Mesa Dual Rectifier sound best woth 6L6 or EL34 tubes. You will be missing that part of the signal path at FOH

Ok so now I've the final answer: what I was trying to do is not possible with the Kemper neither with other digital gear... My intention was to capture the whole path including the PowerAmp of the Archon and send it also to the FOH.
    The only solution would be of course to profile the Archon and use the Kemper instead of the amp. So I'd use the cab on stage and then send the same sound but with a cab sim to the FOH.

Ok so let's go on with the HR example. The point is that even in this case the only path that involves also the PowerAmp section of the amp is the one that go through the real cab right ? So the FOH gets what's on the HR screen, but since the PowerAmp of the real amp is not going into the HR you're not using its sound right ?

So if I do the same thing with my amp; let's say I'm on the drive channel and I'm using the HR to add reverb and dalay in the loop and then I punt a cab sim at the end of the chain. The real cab on stage is getting the whole path without the cab sim, so Gtr > Archon PreAmp > HR FX in the loop > Archon PowerAmp. Instead the FOH is getting Gtr > Archon PreAmp > HR FX in the loop > Cab sim. Right ?
    And of course I'd be in the same situation with the Kemper....

Ok so just to be 100% sure, sorry if I'm annoying you and if I'm too persistent. This is what I'm trying to do with the Kemper:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This video shows exactly what I'd like to do even with the cab sim thing....

That was what I understood and my comments stand. You cannot some how feed the Archon amp sound through the Kemper to go FOH.

So if I use the Kemper as effects unit I'll have to mic the cab on stage, because there's no way to use the Kemper as effects unit and, at the same time, adding a cab sim to go to the FOH...

Maybe I'm explain the #1 scenario badly, so let's make an example to make everything absolutily clear. Let's say I've the Archon on stage with the Mesa 2x12, the Kemper is the effects unit so I'm playing with the Archon and the Mesa using the Kemper for example to have a delay and rever effects. This is happeing on stage. Then I would be able to send this sound as it is to the FOH, but becouse I don't want to mic the cab on stage, I'd like to use a cab sim on the Kemper instead of the real cab that I'm using on stage, so the FOH gets the same sound but with a cab sim instead of the real cab. Is it more clear now ?

Thanks for your help. Sorry but I don't understand what do you mean with "as long as you don't relay on power amp overdrive". In my #1 scenario I want to use the Archon as it is, so clean and drive channel of the amp with the Kemper used as effects unit. Then I want to play thru my cab on stange and the FHO gets the same sound but with a cab sim instead of the real cab.

The #3 scenario is not like the #1. I want to record using only the Archon without the real cab and using the Kemper as cab sim and effects unit. So the hypothetical chain is Archon - Kemper - Audio interface.

Of course I could profile the rig, but here's the point: I've already considered to use only the Kemper in all those situation in which I don't want/can use the real amp, so asking these questions I just want to understand if it's possible to have a hybrid setup in some situation. A hybrid setup that obviously meets my needs...

Sorry for stating the obvious but you may want to consider just profiling the Archon with the cab and not carrying those anywhere.

I think a Kemper going straight to the FOH plus a powered monitor speaker on stage would be a significantly simpler setup.

For your 2nd use case, I had to check the manual and for the "monitor" output you can disable the cab simulation so you are good to go. Check page 34 in the manual.

Of course I could profile the rig, but here's the point: I've already considered to use only the Kemper in all those situation in which I don't want/can use the real amp, so asking these questions I just want to understand if it's possible to have a hybrid setup in some situation. A hybrid setup that obviously meets my needs...

Hi, I'm a possible new owner of the Kemper... it depends if my doubts will be deleted or not [Blocked Image: http://headrushfans.com/images/smilies/tongue.png]
    First of all I've a PRS Archon 100 with a Mesa Recto vertical 2x12 and I'm going to use the Kemper on its own in all those situation in which is not practical to use the Archon or when I don't want to carry everythig. In all the other situations my main live Kemper utilization would be as effects unit so no amp/cab sim, only effects. However I'd like to be able to do certain things, but I'm not sure that all of them are possible so I'll write them here and then I hope that someone of you could clear my mind [Blocked Image: http://headrushfans.com/images/smilies/biggrin.png]
    So just to be clear remember that my intention is to use the Kemper with my amp and the 4 cable method and with the Kemper remote to control everything.

1) I'd like to use my amp and cab on stage with all the effects that I need from the Kemper and then send to the PA the same sound, but with a cab sim in the chain; so I don't have to mic my cab on stage. Is this possible ?
    2) Let's say I'd like a different clean or drive sound. I'd like to use only the power amp of the Archon with an amp DI profile from the Kemper thru my cab on stage and thru a cab sim to the PA. Is this possible ?
    3) I want to record with my amp and a cab sim from the Kemper without using the Mesa 2x12 and using headphones or monitors as referense for what I'm playing. Just like you do with the Torpedo studio for example...

Thanks for your help.