Posts by CelticGibson

Have a gander at this. It should make you realise quite quickly why the profiler is the best...?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also let's not forget that the profiler is not coded in any official language API nor is it using a X86 platform. Both the Motorola 56K coupled with an API built from the ground up by CK himself is the secret sauce of the profiler. To go and create a vst to work on a generic platform would require an entire rebuild from the ground up in official APIs. Not an easy or cheap task by any means...

I think that's an important point you made, karlic, about the free upgrades. The model that Kemper have chosen is the front loading model where a customer pays upfront for the privilege of free upgrades to the system over time. In fact it is one of their primary selling points for the profiler so if they went down the path of the vst software profiler, that philosophy would have to change to a continual cycle of selling new versions over time.

Have a gander at this video. It shows the tape echo settings for the delay...

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think they did that to separate the rigs from the presets for the up coming editor. Have you tried to rename the file extension from krig to kipr? I read on the Facebook page that this works. Give it a try on one profile and see how you get on.

I have a feeling that is was released under pressure of complaints from the community and that the staff are still largely on holidays with a minimal crew to fix immediate bugs. Remember that the Rig Manager Editor is not released for this very reason. I think what we have is pre-beta builds. As close to beta as you can get but a little more buggy than normal.

I bought the full pack and I love these profiles! If you love Marshals then you will love this collection of amps. Every single profile in this pack is usable for everything from sparkling cleans to all out balls to the wall rock. I just put a treble boost in front and rock for hours. Seriously folks. This pack is a STEAL...

I am getting a crackling in the audio through SPDIF on OS 7 beta. Anyone else getting this?

External Content soundcloud.com

Just remember to update Rig Manager to version 2.3 so that it will work with OS 7 beta. They have set up the foundation for the preset management in RM. Nothing can be edited but at least they are now separate from the rigs themselves.

You would be surprised just how handy the UI to MIDI really is...

If the Stage has "UI to Midi" like the toaster/rack then you can control another Kemper with the Stage.

"If “UI to MIDI” is selected in System Settings, nearly all parameter changes within the PROFILER user interface, and

the connected PROFILER Remote, will be forwarded through the MIDI OUT. You could, for instance, create a daisy
    chain of PROFILER units, all following whichever commands you enter on the leading PROFILER, or connected
    Remote, including any Rig or Slot changes."

Remember we are still two days away from the Stage going on sale. Anything can happen between now and then. Especially since the Stage has the new updated preset management system that the new OS has..

I don't think so. For desk (studio, home) use as well as for quick reamping the Toaster is way easier to set up. Furthermore, if you use wireless etc. it is way faster and more reliably to set up if everything is pre-wired in a rack. I think it has two different target groups which justifies it.

They could help keep the toaster/rack sales going by reducing the price of the remote. That would help.