Posts by CelticGibson

By default, the USB audio feature is set to "Amp Recording" mode so you shouldn't have to change anything in the USB audio menu on the profiler. If you set your audio output on your computer to the "Profiler" and then play a YouTube video or some other source, the sound will play back through the profiler and out to your monitoring solution you use to hear your guitar.

I never understood tantrums from adults. If the owner of a company tells you that this is the way his product works and the rationale behind it then either accept it or go purchase something else. The arguments have been made and considered. That should be enough. It's not a democracy. It's a company. If you want to protest then protest with your wallets. There are other brands available that might do what you want them to do.

Profiles have always been interactive. It's one of the profiler's stand out features. The Clarity and Definition controls alone can change drastically the character of any profile. Other units just give you EQ to shape your sound after the fact. I imagine LPs will be an extension of the Clarity and Definition controls and allow you to alter the characteristics of the profile based on EQ curves from existing Tone stacks.

In the head and rack, you get two USB tracks going into the DAW. You assign what they represent in the Profiler. For example. If you want the Master Stereo, you just choose it in the Profiler and then choose a stereo track in your DAW with Profiler1 and 2 selected. If you want DI and a MONO track of the Master, you select them in the Profiler and the DAW you select two MONO tracks. Does that make sense?

The Stage has Eight USB tracks that are assignable along with a dedicated stereo pair. Amazing stuff.,

just tried the USB audio on my Kemper toaster with ASIO4ALL and Reaper. It worked flawlessly. I had a stereo track going into Reaper from the profiler and was able to play back a backing track and my guitar playing simultaneously back through the Kemper headphone out with near zero latency. That's quite the update I must admit. Fantastic work by the Kemper team. 😎👍

I have tried it. Funnily enough I used the Kemper as a source, with all effects and profiles off, going SPDIF into my audio interface and it sounded great. I do wonder if something like ToneX, which is dependent on a good analog source for input, gives the user a coloured opinion of the sound and feel depending on what they have? I wonder if the sound and feel wouldn't be drastically affected if I just used my audio interface? Still it's a good VST for sure.

Plugging directly into the front of your Twin isn't going to sound good at all because you are layering the sound of another amp on top of your Twin's signature sound. The profiler is both an effects and amp all by itself and only needs a power amp to work.

Wear closed backed if you are using headphones or turn up your monitoring solution louder than the acoustic loudness of your guitar and look into adjusting the "pick" setting in the amplifier section.

From the manual p.155

"The “Pick” parameter allows you to control the level and sharpness of the pick attack independently from the

sustained portion of the sound. The result is also independent from the amount of distortion. You can use this
    parameter to make clean sounds even more percussive without having to use a compressor. With fully distorted
    sounds, you can revive the attack phase of any notes that get drowned in the natural compression caused by
    distortion. If you set “Pick” to a negative value, it will soften the attack, resulting in a more fluid sound."