Posts by CelticGibson

There's a bit of setting up to do in order to get it to work... From the manual...

"The Auxiliary Input function allows you to feed a stereo signal, such as an mp3-player, into your PROFILER to play

along with it. In the Output Section, the Auxiliary Input function is equipped with three mix controls: one to feed the
    aux signal to the MAIN OUTPUTS as well as S/PDIF OUTPUT, and two others to feed it to the MONITOR OUTPUT
    and HEADPHONE output. This allows you, for instance, to add an additional monitor signal to your HEADPHONE
    output, while the MAIN OUTPUTS stay unaffected. With the activation of “Monitor Stereo” MONITOR OUTPUT and
    DIRECT OUTPUT get paired as one logical stereo monitor output. The Aux In signal will also appear on both and its
    mix gets controlled via “Aux In >Monitor”. The auxiliary signal will not be affected by any internal effects.
    You will need to purchase a special cable which provides the stereo signal via two separate TS jacks. Plug the left
    jack into the RETURN and the right jack into the ALTERNATIVE INPUT. Use the "Aux In >…" soft knobs to adjust
    the level"

You have to use the Auxiliary input in order to allow you to feed a stereo signal through the profiler. This will ensure that the signal will not be affected by the same signal chain of your guitar.

I hope you are using some form of power supply conditioner. I would never trust any venue to supply constant adequate power. What might be acceptable for an amp or PA in regards power fluctuations would never be acceptable for something like the Kemper, which is after all a computer.

I noticed on strange bug with 5.7.7 that I never had before. I am connected to my audio interface via spdif and I have always set the clock on the Profiler to 44.1khz and everything worked perfect pre-5.7.4. Now here's the strange bug...

Last night I turned on the Profiler and then my audio interface. I went into my DAW as per usual and I had a backing track ready to go. The project in my DAW was set at 44.1Khz to match that of the Profiler spdif output clock. I hit play and the backing track was playing at half the speed. I noticed when I went into the audio driver settings for my interface and it was registering the sample rate at 96Khz. I checked the Profiler to see if that was the setting and it still read 44.1Khz so I know I didn't change it. I had to change the sample frequency in the software driver back to 44.1 Khz to match what was on the Profiler and the backing track in the DAW played back at the proper speed again. This has never happened before until after I updated to 5.7.7.

I just thought I would let you know in case there is still a real issue with the spdif.

It's like owning a Ferrari and expecting to get the most out of it by going shopping to your local supermarket. Ain't gonna happen.

The pain on their faces proves that you are better off with a Kemper if you want those tones without the pain. No gain no pain eh? :D

Neither did any of these get to play a plexi on 10 until they did.... :D

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This "tone suck" isn't the fault of the Profiler. It's the lack of interaction between a guitar speaker at high volume and subtle early stage feedback from the pickups of the guitar. Think about what is happening in a high gain setting from a real amp and guitar. You pick the string and from that moment the tone you hear is a mix of the tone of the guitar/amp/cab interaction in a high volume situation. The Kemper connected to monitors at far less volume cannot replicate this feedback phenomenon because there is no interaction between guitar/amp/cab in a high volume situation. The closest you might get to replicating this live amp feel is to use a direct profile into a real guitar cab at high volume and see if that feedback happens. It's the feedback that introduces the sustain. Without it, you will have "tone suck".

No factory content is restored on the latest OS when you do a factory restore. You have to go into Rig Manager and the factory content is under Rig Packs called "Kemper Factory Content 5.5".

Copy the content from this folder across to your profiler if you want it all.