Posts by Ducksteino

Hi Kemper Buds,

I'm sure there's an easy fix, but I can't seem to figure this out or find it on another thread:

In browser mode, no matter which rig I select, there's Twin 1 Clean in a small part of the display above the amp. For example, I go to Rocker Dirty sm57. Above that is Twin 1 Clean, AND I'm getting the Twin sound with the selected amp's settings. SO, if I switch from Rocker Dirty to Rock the Billy, I get the effects of Rock the Billy, but the EQ, gain, & overall tone from the Twin 1 Clean.

FWIW, I've mainly been using the perform section since I had everything dialed in. It was time for some new sounds & I bet I hit a few wrong buttons when my friend was showing me how to tweak the amp settings (pick attack, etc)

Thanks in advance for your help,

-O

Thanks! The Tele was my first guitar assembly project about 15 years ago. It's got a cocobolo top and a quilted maple back. It originally had a solid rosewood neck and black hardware and the Gibson P94 pickups (HB sized P90s). I had Brian at IO Custom Guitars do the mods - brass hardware, middle pickup (DiMarzio Super II), on-board effects loop, buffer, etc. It's mostly a backup to the Wolf these days but it's a super sweet guitar.

I figured that was a super II in the middle. And yeah, that Moriarty looks amazing. I was thinking about saving up for one of those, but I also love the idea of just messing around with project guitars - I have an SG w/ 2 p90's that I love, and that'd be fun to toss a Super II in the middle. With this Garcia-style profile that'd do the trick...

For me, it was my uncle... he played in a bluegrass band mostly, but also rock bands & I literally grew up watching him play. He was (is) amazing onstage, knows how to work the room and get them on his side while playing. One rainy morning he showed up after driving all night home a tour - he was living with us at the time while his divorce went through. Me & my brother some other kids were playing monopoly listening to Hendrix. He walks in, puts his case down, opens it up & pulls out a les paul custom and plays along with Jimi for a minute, says, he's gonna go to bed...

Me & my brother beelined it for that guitar. Of course he comes out 3 minutes later to see us both trying to play. A few weeks later, he brought over a hagstrom II for us to argue over, ensuring we would BOTH want to play. Made us share it for a year before giving us an old Gretsch he had laying around. I had to play him the guitar solo from Louie Louie (figured out by myself) to convince him. Even then, the condition was that any time we watched TV, we HAD to have a guitar on our lap. My mom (a freakin' saint for dealing with this) would even reinforce this. "Homework done? OK get your guitars & you can watch TV."

A few years later, for my 16th birthday, his present to me was teaching the Sultans of Swing solos. My brother's 16th birthday was Maiden's the Trooper.

So yeah, Page, Clapton, Hendrix, Blackmore ... and my uncle Vinnie.