Posts by PJ03029174

Hi

Is it possible to stop backing tracks playing through my Kabinet? I have a Power Head and an Unpowered Kabinet. I have a pair of studio monitors plugged into the balanced Main Outs. I'm playing a backing track from my PC and have the Kabinet enabled and Monitor Cab off selected. Does anyone know how i can stop the backing track playing through the Kemper Kabinet? thanks

Hi, thanks for the reply, I should have mentioned I’m not using a DAW, just playing backing tracks on YouTube.

the problem with with setting the computer playback to being monitors is the monitors are connected to the Scarlett which also has the Kemper Main Out mixed in. I can do something about that but need to change the Scarlett configuration which is a pain.

I was hoping I could turn it off like the Poweramp via the Kemper UI.

I have a Power Rack and Kabinet. I have the Main Outs going to the inputs of a Scarlett 8i6. I have Studio Monitors on the output of the Scarlett and play backing tracks through a PC which go through the Studio Monitors.

Can someone please let me know how to turn the Main Outs off so i can only hear my Kabinet and a backing track through my Studio Monitors?

I couldnt see how to do it using the Kemper and i've just checked the manual and couldnt see it either.

I'm sure it's possible but just abit stuck on how to achieve it.

Thanks

Had an instant answer from Kemper, they confirmed all inputs to the Kemper can handle line level signals.

The also confirmed any signal entering via the Alternative and Return inputs will have to pass through the Kemper Analog to Digital (and back) conversion process.

I've ordered the appropriate cables so will give it a test when I get a chance and report back if it helps someone.

Hi

Does anyone know if the Stereo Aux in on the Kemper would be ok to handle a 2v Line Level signal coming from a Hifi DAC?

I’ve had a dismantle and mothball my Hifi System and have been playing backing tracks from my computer USB to a Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen interface.

Tonight I’ve been looking at wether I can integrate my Hifi dac and maybe cut out the Scarlett as I don’t record.

I’m thinking about picking up a good pair of headphones and use the Kemper as a headphone amp with my dac when I’m not playing guitar.

[Blocked Image: https://ibb.co/YbX9f4B]

Thanks Atlantic, makes sense, I assume you don't get any rattle on the HD600's?

Its hard work dropping that much on headphones that are so old. I used to own the HD800 when they came out but eventually sold them when I moved house and had a chance to get speakers. That was a long time ago and the HD600's had been out a while back then from what I remember. Kicking myself now because the speakers are mothballed and I bet the HD800 would sound amazing with the Kemper.

Think I'm going to have to wait to see if I can pick up the HD600's or maybe the HD800's in the Black Friday deals.

Thanks for the input

Hi , I have a pair of DT990s 250ohm which are a few years old and are used for guitar practice only, I haven't really used the headphones that much but last night started hearing a buzzing out of the right channel when playing more than 1 string at a time.

The chain is Mac Mini and Kemper feed into a 2nd Gen Scarlett 2i4. I listen out of the headphone out on the interface and can blend backing tracks and the Kemper with no latency. Never had any problems with volume and the quality sounds similar between the Scarlet and the Kemper Headphone outs.

I've probably been listening a little louder than I should but it is easy to damage headphone drivers when you're just practicing guitar playing through a cranked Marshall profile?

I took the headphone apart last night to view the membrane and there were no visible hairs or debris on the membrane. Reconnected it all back up and the problem still exists. Swapped difference headphones and the problem is only with the DT990.

Thinking about switching brand and picking up a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's next, just wanted to check if other people people have has similar issues with the Senn / Beyer headphones ?

Hi

I’m using a Mac and own a Profiler and Remote. Using rig manager, if I do a generic search there can be quite a few results. Is there a quick way to load each one temporarily, play a chord or two then next one and so on.

I was just wondering if there’s a way to use the remote to achieve this. At the moment I’m just double clicking through each profile in the results list and have a bit of a stretch to get to my computer while holding my guitar so it would be great to use my foot.

Failing that maybe I should just load all the results onto the profiler and use the remote to go through them till I find what I looking for.

thanks

I’m guessing that those new Kemper 1x12 cabinets have some sort of neutral-ish driver in them, and there’ll be a new Kemper Kone setting in the Output section, for use exclusively with the Kemper cabinet, which can “lay” imprints of other speaker types on top of the real speaker in the Kemper cabinet. Kind of like the Fishman Aura system or the Slate VMS.

Oooooh that sounds good ....

Pretty sure il be buying one of those!

The connection to the laptop (white adapter) is a USB-C adapter, that MacBook only has USB-C ports so you always need an adapter to use that laptop with the Kemper, nothing new.

Anyone know what Kemper Kone is?