Posts by BuhoCiego

Hey guys! Check out these different tone colors we crafted from a JCM800, using several studio-chains:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BlindOwlStudio's Kemper Pack is here!

Get the sound of tubes, transformers and beautifully textured, viby recording chains!

400+ profiles crafted in a professional recording studio facility. Featuring colorful signal chains including the highest quality solid state and tube preamps, sound shaping devices from Neve, SSL, Empirical Labs, API, GreatRiver, Custom made summing, and more.

Purchasing the BlindOwlStudio's Kemper pack entitles you to get every new profile added in the future!

Check it out here:
    https://blindowlstudio.com/kemper-profiles

Hey guys! New pack available: BOS BassChains!

This pack covers a huge range of DI (Direct Input) tones featuring the highest quality studio gear from companies such as GraceDesigns, LaChapell, API, Neve, Pultec, Empirical Labs, Manley, Serpent Audio, UA, GreatRiver and unique custom made equipment.

Even though this pack is focused on bass guitar, many of the profiles work wonderfully on electric guitar, piezo instruments, acoustic guitar and synths!

81 Mix-Ready and Raw-Untouched Preamp profiles (several saturation points). Several outboard EQs patched in. Tone richness and depth from expensive tube and solid state studio equipment. These profiles scream analog!

Want to try before you buy? Download the BOS Free Kemper Pack from the website, we just added a couple profiles from this pack. (If you already downloaded the free pack, check you email to download the update)

https://blindowlstudio.com/col…ts/bos-basschains-di-pack

Hey Guys! Just uploaded the new Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Limited Edition pack.
    Finally some demo clips haha!

Check this youtube playlist:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A couple profiles from this amp will be added to the free pack!

Hi Slider Jeff, well, english is not my first language and I live in a country where people speak spanish. But I don't see how it changes anything. It's just hard for you to place yourselves in the newbie's shoes, that's all.

Having said that, Maybe we all can agree on:

-Newcomers have no clue about what you all have been talking about in the past.

-The rules thread are not clear enough regarding free profiles.

If you place yourselves in the newcomer's point of view, my reaction will make sense.

But if you hard-start from "everyone just tried to help and you were obstinate" as if I knew everything you've been discussing for years in different threads and came up with a fishy scheme to take advantage of something...

You know Monkey and the guys and their intentions. To me, they were a nickname and an avatar. I read the rules before posting, then a nickname tells me I have unclear intentions, the pack it's not free, strings attached, kemper policies, email downloads, zip attachments etc that are not mentioned in the rules I found and the profiles are free. It's not that hard to understand my reaction too.

Just in case: I'm not blaming anyone, I know it was a misunderstanding, the guys just tried to let me know I posted in the wrong subforum and I appreciate all the comments haha.

Hey Ibot39, haha! Yes it's coming too!

I made 85 profiles, I think it will end up being a 60 pack thing. Some are too similar, and there are a number too aggressive to be useful in my opinion. I'm not sure if it would be a nicier pack having every profile taken or only the most solid ones. What do you think?

Recording chain for this amp: SM57> LaChapell tube preamp > Great River Harrison EQ > Distressor with tape harmonics mode engaged and very little compression happening. 1dB or less.

Basically 3 amp EQ positions and 2 studio EQ curves per clean, drive (5 gain stages) and 4 extra gain stages with the "more" button in. More or less.

Hey Musicmad, thanks! I'm sure there are similar services too.

I believe Sambrox wasn't complaining himself but giving an example of a situation where he says it's not free if you put your email and then get unwanted free profiles in the future, because what if he or someone hated the profiles and did not want to know about it ever.

It doesn't make any sense to me but it's all good haha.

And it should be ok now that the thread is in the commercial sub forum. Everyone can always choose not to download because it's not a direct-attached zip file or because you get it in your email or whatever.

Hey Sambrox, we're still not in the same page, that's all. Just give me some time haha.

It's all good. I don't mind having the thread anywhere else. I wouldn't have minded if it were deleted. I'd just ask again to be pointed to the rules to make sure I don't break any and post again. What I did mind, is that I was somehow guilty of taking advantage of something when the pack was free and I did read the rules. I was basically accused of doing something fishy to bully the forum (I might have misunderstood the spirit of your posts), when I posted in good faith. As I said before, this forum's veterans might have seen it many times, but newcomers didn't and maybe the rules may need an update to clarify.

Free profiles mean free profiles man. When you download a free anything (daw, plugin, virtual instrument, whatever), most of the time you will receive a download link and your key in your email. That by every definitinion, means free. I understand you have your opinion on what free should mean. But that's your respectable opinion, nothing more and there's no point in arguing about it, you will think I'm not correct and we can disagree and still be friends haha.

I need to spend some time checking the forum's content to be more in tune.

Thanks for your input, I do appreciate it, and everyone's who pointed out this thread might be moved to a different subforum.
    Have a good one!

Hey JuLai, the download link is sent automatically to whichever email you enter!

Edit: I see what you said now. There I was saying that if for some reason you don't want it delivered to your email (why?), then you can use a fake one, not a non existing one, of course.

Everything is done automatically by a plugin you add to your website to manage digital downloads for you. Thanks!

Hey, it was me not sambrox ;)

"Don't advertise for your
    offerings outside this commercial forum" should be a pretty clear rule. And this all here is pure marketing.

"Are they any good?" bla bla... pure marketing! It's o.k., but belongs to the commercial forum. That's all.

"Don't advertise for your offerings outside this commercial forum".
    In other words, if you are going to advertise anything paid, post it in the commercial forum.

It IS a pretty clear rule.

I did not advertise anything. I shared a free pack and never ever is anyone asked to buy, donate, subscribe, like, share, follow, join, etc. No nothing. Hence no rule is broken.

I just want to let you know that I get it, in your opinion, this is marketing and should belong to the commercial forum (even when it's 100% free, nothing asked in return). I don't agree, that's all.

And if you got upset because of the poll too, you can just ignore it or clic on the worst option haha to teach me a lesson for not agreeing with you guys.

Hey Monkey_Man, thanks again for your input and for taking the time to write and explain. I understand what you say. And you pointed out 3 options in this subforum and which of them are the usual ones. I get all that.

But there are forum rules for a reason, in order for people like myself who weren't active members to know what is ok and what's not. I did read the rules and I did not break any. If I missed an updated *Free profiles subforum* rules, please point me to them.

If there are no rules forbidding an external download link to *again* free profiles, then everything you guys say is your opinion on what this forum should be about. I think you would agree on that. Rules are there for a reason. Maybe I missed them, I don't know. But I did read the ones I found before posting.

I did everything in good faith. The website doesn't even have demos man. It's not even finished. It's not fair that you guys came in suggesting there are "strings attached" and this should be moved to the forum where profiles are sold, because that's not true.

I explained the website asks for an email to send the download link because that's how that pre-made plugin works and I found it cool that everyone who grabs the profiles, will automatically get an updated link when I add more profiles to the free pack.

The pack 100% for free. You are not suscribed to anything. You don't spend any money. You don't have to like, follow, share. No nothing. Facts man.

I see you have 12k+ posts. You surely are a forum expert and I appreciate your input.

Please point me to the Free Profiles forum rules if I missed something and indeed broke a rule. If not, I think you would agree that it's only your opinion on how things should be, but I wouldn't be at fault and it would be wrong to tell members they will be sanctioned by mods when no rules were broken.

I may have missed the external link rule. Please point me to it.
    If there's none, then you may have seen this kind of misunderstanding in the past but new members didn't and the rules may need an update to clarify.

Hi Sambrox, would you point me to the forum rules so I can check which one I broke with this post? Maybe the ones I read were outdated.
    These are free profiles. You don't have to give up anything.

Are you guys making up rules just because of your own personal opinions about how everything has to be? I did check the forum rules and I don't think I broke any. Again: these profiles ARE free.