Posts by SoManyGuitars

I contemplated buying a Kone for a 1x12 cab I have. I just can't get to feel like an amp. No sustain, dead notes, weird high E string sounds, lot of stuff. It sounds great on many things, really weird on others. Tired of wrestling with it,

No sustain, dead notes, weird sounds from you high E?

Sounds like the Kemper is showing you the sound of your actual guitar, and your prior rigs may have masked it, especially if you play with gobs of distortion.

The symptoms you describe are guitar issues, not amp issue traditionally.

British Audio sent me the "full" MBritt library and I have not even unzipped those yet so I don't know how many are in there.“

That was nice of them.... I hope Mr. Britt gets compensated somehow... He does great work for the Kemper Kommunity.... He’s a regular on this forum as well, lots of good advice in addition to some of the best profiles you can get.

The Roland BR-80 Micro has a better AS... plus, it’s a cool unit in many other ways too....

Certainly doesn’t replace a Kemper, but shows an example of good AS through Roland COSM modeling.

Convenience... it’s a key setting for those w Kabinets now...

It only impacts the Monitor Output, so that where you have to run you 2x12 from.

The profile’s cabinet is still present in the Main outs.

Think of it this way:

If you disable the Monitor Cabinet, and also disable the Cabinet Module in a Rig, you are using two separate software switches to turn it off twice.

Hi Paul,

That’s what you would think, but checking ‘Monitor Cab Off Enabled’ doesn’t seem to turn it off in the Monitor Output, as the ‘Cabinet’ button still toggles the cabinet in the sound.....

Maybe my question wasn’t clear... Not east yo explain in a form. I appreciate your reply.

Thanks sleiweke .... your comment made me do some research (and check your website - nice stuff... )

You are correct, the ISP will ‘saturate’ when pushed past 80 watts at 4ohms. It will jump to 10x it’s .1 rated distortion when pushed to 90 watts, and the peak ‘180’ is burst only.

I also saw the issue you had with this unit in a different thread; your description was really good.

There was a documented issue with some units where they had bad capacitors causing the very issue you described, and the capacitors were replaced free of charge by ISP (or they would send them for user replacement is handy with a soldering iron, which I suspect you may be)

So - if you still have th unit, call ISP, and they’ll send you out some parts that I’m guessing you can replace yourself. If not they may replace them or send you a new unit.

I received my unit today, and find it very clean at the levels I would use a 1x 12” cabinet... not sure I would trust it pushing my Marshall 1960A cabinet...

I hope this helps, take care.

-N

MIne does...

Playing through the Kabinet, (plugged into the ‘Monitor Output’), the front panel ‘Cabinet’ button still toggles the cabinet effect.

I thought that with the ‘Monitor Cab Off Enabled’ setting checked in the Output Menu, that the profile’s cabinet would be disabled through the Monitor output.

I hope this reads clearly... Thanks for any input, and I promise I did search for this issue, AND I read the manual...:/

Hi All,

FedEx just dropped off my Kabinet this morning.

Despite the partially smashed box, all is intact, no rattles or other damage.

Here’s my question.

I noticed that my Kabinet doesn’t have any black piping (trim) around the grill cloth.

The pictures I’ve seen online do have it... I have no preference, but was wondering if a change was made, and if there were any other changes the Kemper may have made.