Posts by kasperviggojensen

when you create your program change through a midi track in logic you just assign the tracks to different midi channels, and on the kemper change the midi channel in the settings to match the channel you selected in logic to the relevant track with the patch changes. For example i have 2 midi tracks on logic that sent to channel 7 & 8 for mine and other guitarists kempers, and in the settings on each kemper i change the midi channel to the relevant track/channel on logic.

You can also use a midi splitter from the interface going to the INs on both kempers if you don’t want to use the in&thru.

As for the effects & gain changes during the track, I’ve never done this before but from what I’ve read you can create a midi change in logic and instead of choosing program change you select controller? That’s as far as I’ve ever gotten with that , you might be able to dig up some more info from here or youtube

Thank you very much. Seems pretty straight forward.

Hey everyone. I have a couple of questions, that hopefully someone will be able to help out with.

My singer and I are currently trying to configure a live rig for the two of us. We would ideally like to use our Kempers.

I know that you can set up an external MIDI channel in Logic, and write in program changes which will change rigs on the Kemper. My question is: Would we be able to control both the Kempers? I am assuming we can use the THRU port on the first Kemper and go to the IN on the second, but would Logic be able to do that?

Lastly... Is there a way to programme the Gain on the Kemper from Logic? So say I have a section where I want a continuous rise of gain and FX Mix... Would Logic also be able to perform those changes from an external MIDI channel?

Thank you very much for your help.

Sincerely

Kasper