Posts by thegman

I have experienced a few guitars that had a warped neck and which also had the micro tilt applied over an expended period of time. Some say it is because f the uneven pressure on the neck heel since most micro-tilts are just a screw, or screw and small washer type thing. I have no scientific support for this correlation other than my limited experience. That said, a shim seems like an easier and complete solution that avoids this possibility. Sanding the bottom of the bridge saddle works, if you are comfortable with that, and it is currently high enough to make an adequate difference if sanded.

The screws at the heel stay clamped down, so it's a solid 3-point mount with the Tilt screw. Then the deeper pocket screws at snugged down. I can't see any way this would ever warp a neck if done right.

Beautiful grain! I have concerns about the effect of micro tilts on the neck over time. You many want to consider a shim or shaving down the bridge saddle to lower the action.

What would be your concern with a Micro-Tilt? I've been using guitars with this for years.

I get you guys love the PRS but I can't get past the doves. <X

Wow! Your hate for Doves is unwarranted :( Not a Dove in the bunch!

Starting from the nut the birds are:

• Peregrine falcon
    • Marsh Hawk
    • Ruby Throated Hummingbird
    • Common Tern
    • Coopers Hawk
    • Kite
    • Sparrow Landing
    • Storm Petrel
    • Hawk Landing
    • Screech Owl On A Branch (24-fret models only)

So the first one of these, the push/pull pots came out when removing the knobs (I removed them according to a PRS tech, and even used a StewMac Shatten knob puller, They just popped right out of the pots. PRS said they would repair it, as it shouldn't have done that. They said it would take 1 month to 6 weeks to do it. Sweetwater replaced the whole guitar, though I hated to send it back, as I waited a long time to find one with the top I wanted.

I decided to go the return route, and picked out a new one. Every bit as nice as the first. Sweetwater removed the knobs and just shipped them in a bag. I installed the knobs I wanted. The are the exact size for the pots. They came from StewMac also.

She's a beauty.

I will install these tuners this weekend.

Are you doing the tuners?

I ordered these and they are a direct drop-in, and are awesome. I didn't like the looks of the PRS ones.

Kluson Locking Tuners