Posts by Kse450

So, as the title says we're looking to record soon, and I want to buy some commercial packs to expand my range of options. We're a modern metal band, so anything medium high/high gain is what we're looking for. Of course I've found some great tones on the rig exchange (SinMix are particularly good) so something in that vein.

I've been looking at Game of Tones, Reamp Zone, The Amp Factory, Fredman digital...any experience with any of those?

Thanks guys! :)

Okay, so I did some more testing tonight-perhaps its not as crazy as I first made it out to seem. When switching off the profile cab and playing thru my Mesa 2x12, it sounds good, and it seems to have more in room presence or power, but there seems to be some high end hiss or noise added. I have a feeling this may just be the sound of some really high gain profiles. When playing with the cab sim enabled, all of the profiles have more individual character, but perhaps sound a bit muffled or distant. Hard to describe.

Is my mind just blown by how radically different a cab can make the overall tone sound different? I feel like a lot of the high gain amps sound very similar played through my Mesa. There are some differences of course, but not anywhere as big as I'd initially expected. :/

Thanks guys! It seems quite inexplicable to me too-perhaps I'll post some clips here sometime if I get a chance to make sure it isn't just my crazy ears. Until then I'm just gonna chug away and enjoy it as is! I'm loving this thing, can't wait to record our next EP with it!

:thumbup:8)

Ok, so I just got the Kemper powerhead toaster version a few weeks ago. Been experimenting with tones, all that. I have a Mesa 2x12 vert cab with Celestion V30s in it that I use to jam with, and my studio monitors I use occasionally as well. Now, I know you are supposed to turn the cab sim off when running through a real guitar cab, and I've tried that, but it sounds terrible, just like the sound you hear when running through headphones or FRFR monitors with the cab sim off, like raw amp tone. Having the cab sim on through my cab sounds much better and more natural.

Is this normal? Am I missing something? Since it sounds good should I just ignore it and move on? 8o

Thanks for any advice!