Posts by Read774

Hi, hopefully someone will be able to help me ?

I've purchased an eventide micropitch pedal which i intend to use in the kemper effects loop and want to use midi to switch the patches for different rigs.

I can buy a midi box but also eventide have said that you can switch patches via MIDI TRS, if your unit has the ability to.

My question is does my powered toaster have this ability and if so how do I access it menu wise?

Thanks, Ben.

Hi,

i have very rarely used rig manager in the past years that i've had the kemper, but have decided to organise all of my profiles and learn a bit more about it, however i have downloaded the most recent update, 3.0.145 and although it opens up fine, it then doesn't respond and has to be closed. This happens every time i try to open it. Any ideas would be gratefully received!! Thanks, Ben.

Hi all, i need some advice regarding using my kemper live. I have always been an amp/pedals/miked up cab onstage type of guy and have some questions in advance of me taking the Kemper out with the band in the new year after a hiatus for the first time.

I use a powerhead, remote, mission ep-1 kp pedal and have had a zilla angled 2x12 cabinet with celestion F12-X200 speakers built for monitoring purposes onstage, and for use in rehearsals.

Question 1 - Live i would connect the cabinet lead as normal to the speaker output and to FOH via the main output or XLR output, but how do i control my onstage volume and regulate what is going to foh as well individually?

Question 2 - Is there any advice in terms of db levels etc that experienced live users can offer to ensure that the sounds i am currently enjoying will be faithfully recreated through foh as ive seen posts from users in the past that state that they have had problems with the output levels being sent to foh from their kempers.

Apologies if this question has been asked a thousand times already, which im guessing it has. Any direction to help videos etc is also cool too.

Many Thanks,

Ben.

If the seller has sold you something that is not as advertised i would suggest speaking to him about a partial refund or return, but again that also depends on the price in your country that the unpowered kempers go for, and what you actually paid for the unit, as to whether it was a good deal for a used unpowered kemper anyway?? good luck, i have a powered kemper head fed into a zilla 2x12 cab and it sounds great. Its all in the set up but its the best gear decision you ever made!!

Hi all, im looking at options for cabs for live use. I play in a metal band with a fairly hefty drummer. I have a powered toaster head and at home use a Laney IRT-X powered FRFR speaker which sounds great for obvious reasons as I get the feel of all the different cab/mic options, which I would like to replicate live.

I used to use the IRT-X live for individual monitoring when the wedge mix according to the sound guy/equipment at venue was dodgy and I used my old Helix live with a 4x12 onstage, mic'd up. For monitoring the IRT-X was not powerful enough, and would clip and fuzz especially on the bottom end. That appears to be an issue for other reviewers when using FRFR speakers onstage.

Of my options I have;

1. considered going direct to the PA and using a vertical 2 x12 for monitoring onstage.

2. staying passive and trying out the new Celestion F12-X200 speakers in a vertical 2x12 cabinet and getting them mic'd up onstage and monitoring foh as standard.

3. Or an frfr speaker onstage for monitoring and feed to PA.

I'm interested as to anyones experiences with the new celestion speakers in a cab, and recommendations for a frfr cab that will deal with heavy bottom end, and be powerful enough to cut through a band onstage and maintain the clarity of the sound as well.

Also I'd like an option that allows me to have my sound at band practices, and so that if I decide to tweak things (venue acoustics etc aside) I have something similar going on when I come to play live.

Cheers, Ben.

new kemper user here ? purchased the andy james kemper stl profiles which I'm loving, but have just purchased the jtm 2 pack on the feedback from you guys and Andy himself. Looking forward to getting them on the kemper later as they sound amazing. Particularly interested in the profiles with the precision drive and how they fare in a live situation?