Posts by JohnDag

I have exactly the same problem with my Unpowered Kemper Rack. Bought it used a couple of months ago and until yesterday I was using it with no issue at all. It is a 2017 model.

Yesterday I opened my Kemper and I am getting the same noise as yours. I've tried different guitars, different audio interfaces, plugged directly into Kemper, nothing.

I've also tried different plugs and places in the house to make sure that the problem was not due to interference from another electric device.

And all of this exactly like you "with nothing plugged in except the power lead and a set of headphones".

I am going to open a support ticket (obviously) but I find it strange that we are experiencing the same issue at the same time.

P.S. @akashic777 I would be really interested to know if your matter is solved and how!

Hello guys!!!

I recently acquired my Unpowered Kemper Rack and I couldn't be happier!

Up to now I am either using my headphones (Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro) or my Studio Monitors (KRK Rokit 5 G3) through my Focusrite 6i6 audio interface to get the signal out of my Kemper.

I am pretty happy with those options to start with but I am looking to add an FRFR speaker to my arsenal.

I will need a passive one as I happen to have a Palmer Macht 402 stereo power amp at my disposal as well.

I was looking to Yamaha CRB-10, but I am also open to suggestions. I would like to stay beneath the 300 Euros line if possible as I had a lot of expenses last month setting up my Home Studio.

Thanks in advance!

Cili I've bought my first pack from you yesterday (Dizl V4) and I have to say I am impressed man.

Your job is of the highest quality and I really liked the way things were organized in the folder. I loved the Lead Tones and that coming from a Rhythm player is definitely a compliment!

I've even tuned my guitar to Standard E after some ages (I'm a Drop D player) to play some 'tallica songs.

Kudos to you man, I'll definitely try the rest of your packs!

Once again guys, thank you for the warm welcome.

The last few days I feel like a kid that has entered a Huge toy store and the manager told him he could get anything he wants for free!

There are SO many amazing tones that the only problem I have is that I don't know what to choose. It will take me ages to try them all in the first place. But for me this is a pleasant problem!

I've also "discovered" that my guitar has a neck pickup. Prior to the KPA I never used it, now it's becoming my favorite. And it's just the stock pickup of my Ibanez ART100DX.

At the moment I feel like I am at guitar heaven and I don't see that change anytime soon!!!

New Kemper user here and high gain lover, so I feel it's wise for me to give my feedback at least for the things I have tried.

I started trying some free rigs to start with. It was OK. Definitely better than Amplitube 4 that I was using before but it didn't give me that Wow Factor I was expecting and had heard about.

Then I went and bought SimMix's Producer Pack I. I planned to do a quick trial of all the amps in the pack or at least that was the initial plan.

How little did I know.

I played for 4 hours straight and I've managed to check only 4 of the 19 amps included in the pack. (Randall Satan, Engl Savage, VHT Pittbull and Hesu Little Bastard)

I liked them all but I fell in love with Engl Savage profiles. If you told me that this will be the only profiles you'll use from now and on I'd be OK with that.

Definitely a thumbs up for SinMix on that one!

Hello everyone.

All I can say is "at last".

I have been planning to get a KPA for while now and I finally had the chance to do so.

Received mine yesterday and I couldn't be happier.

I was blown away but the quality of tones I could get out of this thing.

Super Excited!!!

I just received my KPA yesterday.

Right off the bat I must say that I found it very easy to navigate through the unit. I did the software update, uploaded the Producer Pack I've bought from a certain seller and started checking the thing out.

I bought my rack used and the previous user had a lot of free rigs in the system so I checked them out first.

I wasn't super excited to be honest. Of course, my headphones aren't the best (Audio Tecnhica M20x) and I have already ordered a pair of Beyer DT770 pro 80ohm but... then I started testing the commercial pack. And boy I was surprised.

Long story short I wanted to check all the rigs in the pack but after 4 hours of playing I was just in the 4th amp.

Super excited with my Kemper, I believe I made the best gear purchase in my guitar life.

When gear makes you want to play more and you can't let your guitar off your hands, then you know it's good gear.

Thank you Kemper.

P.S. I did not mention the seller's name as it's my first post and I don't know if that's OK or not. If anyone's interested and it's OK saying it here I'd be glad to do so because he does a hell of a job!