Posts by 5dcadf73b916dc953b2af8f94e774c45743bb91e

well it's the latest but it was many years ago ;)

but.. talking about gear, i got this installed today, while setting up the strat (new strings and intonation).

a KingTone switch was installed :)

got it from Jesse Davey many years ago but i forgot about it (??)

anyways, now it's installed and after i finished my dinner it's testingtime :P

ment for nice blues tones in neck position, well we will see about that...

guitar is a fender deluxe with noiseless x 3

...but an order is placed and payment is done ;)

But i can say it was really close it didn't happend at all.

Thing is that i had never ever heard about Kemper.

I live pretty isolated in "the woods" and I'm not a youngster anymore so new info is hard to get ;)

I was looking for a Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb on YouTube and several vids showed sounds from Kemper users.

Kemper!? Where have i heard this word before??

Yeah, it's the funny guy Ben Eller who got that thing, now I remember.

Gotta take a closer look at this thing because the vids sounded real good.

And if i can have several Fender amps from one unit it's worth a closer look.. and i got sold :love:

And... a Laney (something) FRFR 112 was ordered too so i might do some review on that when I have settled down

and learned the Kemper unit a bit. But I'll be back on that thing.

Maybe some at the forum wanna have a word on how it's gonna be done, so we can straighten things out if it's a good buy or not?

I can't say that any of the vids on the Laney made me any clever on YT :/

The Laney is a B-stock (all new units was soldout) so someone has sent it back already.

Maybe i will too, dunno?, but it's gonna be tested out well ;)

2nd, I'm no metal guy, blues/rock-a-billy only... so the sounds that's gonna come from my baby is pretty much that.

I have a Fender Blues DeVille 410 with Philips NOS JAN 7558A powertubes so... i might do a profile of that beast.

It's very clean and breaks up very late, very nice headroom but lacks the lovely Blackface sound.

Seven long days of waitin now.... aaaah, I can't wait that long ;(

Kiddin! :)