Posts by kriwat

Sync not working, when using the profiler buttons and editor. For example I copy a cab to any profile. I don't store and move to another profile! But the editor now always shows the wrong cab, it doesn't go back to the original name. Of course in the profiler everything is o.k., but in the editor the wrong cabinet name is shown (also in the data field on the right).

I cannot reproduce that, when I hold Cab and select "Load From Rig" it instantly is synced but when I go to another rig and go back it is reset. Same goes for if I hold Cab and press "Copy Cabinet" and then later paste it somewhere with the Profiler.

How exactly do you "copy a cab to any profile"? And Performance Mode / Browse Mode? Windows / Mac? RM Version? Would be helpful if you could file a beta report with your findings. Especially old betas didn't sync the Cab/Amp names very well.

Another sync thing. Lock a cab and scroll through (direct amp) profiles and store / replace (with kemper button) with the new cab. The editor shows no new cab, the profiler does. So I have to close and open RM every time again? Or am I missing something?

That took a while to reproduce.. Yea, that's an issue, locking Cabinet on the editor and changing things on the Profiler. I'll write it to our beta report issues *hints* ;)

The "T" command is a massive help. Thank you 8)8)8)8)8)

What has changed about the Morph Value display? It looks the same to me. Is the actual numeric value supposed to change now when using the Morph pedal?

When you change a morph value (one of the dots), the value is shown in the status bar :)

It is still a bug that the hotkeys only work when you have the list selected, at least they don't work when the tree view is selected. Changing this is quite an effort unfortunately.

There was a wrong profiler Icon in the 3.0.98 for 2 hours :)

5) noticed a distinct change of sound (minor but there) when changing slots of a performance even when each slot has the same rig.

Could not reproduce that. Is it the same with newly created performances? Maybe the rigs are slightly different, even when the tags are the same.

Bad experience today (as before with an older beta). Yesterday I installed a new profile in Performance Mode, tweaked it, copied it to slot#2 with some other other changed settings,

Did you save to the current Performance (the word slot is pretty confusing) before the copy operation? Otherwise you only made your changes in the edit buffer and copied your old Performance #1 onto Performance #2 with the described result.

Yea, it is some certain old "empty" performances getting initialised again and again. Initialising/Deleting helps here (but when your new empty performances are gone after reboot, this does not work). Anyways, this is a bug in Rig Manager for some users (including me).

The 3.0.96 should improve this a lot. I am on less than one second now for the syncing thing that hung for 6 seconds :)

Even for risking of being stoned:

How do you easily exchange amps with fm3 within performances without losing pre and post settings? I see how locking everything except the amp itself makes sense as a first step. But then?

Hm, typically you cannot lock single parameters, so this is not supposed to work if you are talking about only locking the EQ Position parameter

For everyone with special characters, this should be fine :)

Same problem here... no editor on the rig manager and some of my local foders are empty. No special characters in my login pass. Frustrating! Went back to the latest non beta OS and RM. Waited for 6 years so i can wait a few days more... (hopefully this fixes will take less time...).

If you have a different problem, you should file a beta report and add a Debug Log to it, so we can look at it :) Even your old Debug Log should do if it still contains the old starts

I think you can see it in the debug log that unitialized performances take a while to sync which is unnecessary but also not a high priority bug :) It is on our issue list though, so for one of the next betas we will look at it.

To be fair, the "Create New Performance" Option was renamed to "Initialize Performance" after my recommendation :D

So I understand that this version is still unstable on this aspect. In the last 3 betas I restore backup it worked but with the new beta the same profiles are deleted.

Once again, I paid for that rigs and if they are corrupted I’ll write MBritt to get my money back.

I can provide my backup as well

The fact that you can use these profiles (reliably) kinda indicates that the detection went wrong. But I have not seen what exactly is happening :) And it was a matter of time until we also "fixed" that backup restores get cleaned up as well... We should fix this fast, deleting working files sounds very bad to me.

A backup is really helpful to see what exactly is the cause here. I recommend sending it to the support so they can give it to Timo who knows best about this.

Yep, had the same issue today. Was checking some of my performances when I realised the a few were missing and a 'New Performance' was loaded instead?!?

After re-importing them, RM and my Stage weren't in sync. I had to shut down and re-start RM to sync them.

It can happen that the RM and the Profiler are not in sync - this also results in a wrong performance list in the RM. There have been a few posts about Performances going lost after a Profiler restart. I'm always unsure if these performances ever were on the device or if they still are and just the RM list is wrong. If you go through the performances on the device without RM, are they also missing there? Maybe we should introduce a "start complete re-sync" button..

kriwat Is it intentional, that the info box on the right does not change when a new rig is "previewed/pre-listened" (moving with left and right arrow keys)?

The inspector always shows what you selected, not necessarily what is previewed. I assume that it would be better though to follow the Preview with the selection there. Lets look at it as feature request :P

https://www.kemper-amps.com/betatest

And make sure to at least include the debug log at somewhat like Documents/Kemper Amps/Rig Manager/DebugLog.txt

And about that Assertion:

I’m on the latest Beta versions of both RM and OS.

But maybe my problems was created by an earlier Beta version. Seems as I had a corrupt Performance in the KPA messing up everything.

I posted a ticket and with help from support I managed to get rid of the corrupt Performance. Now it’s working, but with some minor flaws.

Support mentioned that we will probably get update next week fixing several reported issues.

It is something similar to this. The support is better informed than me at how to handle this :)

Hey, I'm one of the new devs, just checking the forum occasionally :)

I just looked into your reports again, there is no way to send feedback generally as of now.

Quite long time to sync, I close app, open it again after moment, so there is nothing to sync.

It is somewhat "syncing" certain performances on every start. If it really annoys you it should get better when you mark all your empty slots and go Right Click -> "Create New Performance". I could find the source and for me it takes like 6 seconds. We should come up with a better idea there to improve connection time, but probably after we fixed some more bugs with the performance mode in general :)

oh and message support about that :) Especially the first RM 3.0 beta produced some bad performance files that seem to be still on the device and should be cleared. There are several ways how to, but I guess the support knows best.

Hell, Downgrading *scribbles some things* the editor beta was not designed for that :P

If you downgrade, please delete a few files until we catch up with the Rig Manager installers to do that automatically.

Please delete the following directory and all contents:

macOS: /Users/<your user>/Library/Application Support/Kemper Amps/Rig Editor/
    Win: C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming\Kemper Amps\Rig Editor\

Win: C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\Rig Editor\

Also it would be nice to .zip these folders and your debug log before, so that you can file a very complete beta report if that does not solve it :) Not sure how much you can attach there.

Can you show what it says in the debug log when you launch the 3.0.82? You can also just upload your debug log as beta report, that would already be helpful I guess :) There are serial numbers and so on in it, so better don't post it publicly online(?) I'm not sure how people do this here x)

Documents\Kemper Amps\RigManager\Debug Log.txt

Oh, and also there are no replies (yet) for Beta Reports, technically :( If you want replies, you will have to message the support.

I also experienced the crashing of RM while moving a profile from one folder to another. I did send in a ticket, however I think I solved the issue. If you are actively previewing a profile, and try to move it, it causes RM to crash.

Yea we discussed such a ticket on Monday - You may not delete/move the preview item with 3.0.82..

The RM beta was supposed to find flaws in the editor, somehow it feels like we ended up fixing all performance mode issues from the past years instead ?(

But if you can reproduce bugs with your workflow, now is a good time to send them via support ticket :) And do updates please, the "check for updates" button does not get the RM 3.0 versions at the moment and we are getting reports with the first beta sometimes..