Posts by kriwat

And I think your comment about new bugs slipping in is a fair statement.... the addition of the editor is really a pretty massive change to the existing Rig Manager, from an engineering standpoint. That's a whole lot of new functionality, any of which could have bugs.

Also note that except for one crash, there weren't any major bugs reported for the editor or how RM 3.0 and the editor work together (cheers). What we are seeing now are quite a few bugs mostly related to performances, storing, switching and copying slots, creating new ones.. all the things you are not having in mind when testing and developing an editor :)

I was a little surprised that either so many people did not even try to manipulate single rigs and play around with it or that it goes so smoothly that mostly issues with performance management come to the surface now.. Looks like until NAMM we will focus on getting performances stable there.

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/ZZZ7t0m.png]my rig manager look like this ,windows 10 , 2 k display ...125 percent fonts....

The 125% on Windows seem to trigger the problem. For some people everything goes back to normal with 100%. It's not so easy to tell "why" though, so sending reports with as many details as possible is always helpful.

Programmers usually prefer to just stay in their cubes coding. Management throws raw meat over the walls once a day because they frequently forget to eat, but other than that it's usually best to leave them be. :)

Nice work on the editor, guys. It's always fun to see people doing cool stuff. After the last decade of doing mostly web / Sql Server stuff, I envy you guys who get to work on native apps.

Just like that :D

I too enjoy plain solid modern C++ on a desktop app with no 3rd party frameworks (or 3rd party developers, as I have read in some rumors :P ).. It took a while but regarding the Editor part of the new Rig Manager, it seems to really pay off in stability, size and performance.

Hey there monkey_man, glad you are still here :)

relatively new :) I'm here for almost 2 years. If only I had know I'd be active in the forum, I would've thought of a cooler name :D I guess you guys haven't been seeing us before much because we work with editor related things (so we didn't have any spare time to check the forum ;) )

Really basic issue for me. Running latest RM and OS on a mac mini 10.12.

Everything loads up fine and I can select diferent stomps etc in the signal flow. All good until.... I can't move any of the knobs on the user interface.

Someone else reported the same issue (knobs not moving via mouse input on 10.12) via the official bug report form but I'll add your post there, this makes it more likely that it is a general problem on that OS... We'll look into it

Yes, and I find that when I open a second RM window, RM stops reflecting any changes...

Fixed in the next version, hopefully today :)

Hi,

I'm having an issue with RM. It keeps crashing upon starting. Currently running MAC OSX 10.13.6. The details are attached. Please help!

As far as I know this is fixed in the next version, there was something with auto backups failing..

Same issue I’m having. Tried the install on both a Mac Mini running OS Catalina 10.15.1 and a MacBook Pro running OS Mojave 10.14.

The result was RM3 crashing while syncing with KPA. Every. Single. Time.

This is exactly the message I was getting. I upgraded to 10.15 in the hope that would fix it, but it didn't -- same message. I sent the log to Kemper via their support channel and they said they're looking into it.

I have read several reports of this but we can't reproduce this on any of the named OS. Would be very helpful if you could send a backup of your profiler to the support so we can see if it is anything specific about your content, broken rig names, something like that

Hehe, yes but this is only a "trick" and could be better ???✌️

Thanks man for your advices

We want to modify Drag&Drop in such a way, that dropping rigs on to the cab or amp slot will extract that part from the rig and load it, is that what you are requesting or do you have an idea how to make it simpler? But there are some technical issues with that so it will come a bit delayed.

That "trick" looked so amazing, when we finally added something to the editor that the Hardware could not do with one click :P...

Hey there,

many stated that Windows 7 would come for free and we could just include it at no cost and say it is unsupported. In the current state if you try to load the DLL on Windows 7 you instantly get an error because unknown Windows 8 things are static linked. We could find a way to fix it (probably with other side effects) but finishing things was a higher priority :) Apart from that, official support for Windows 7 ends soon, so it is likely that this is not going to be a feature for the release..