Posts by guitarmniac

Hey everyone!

As we all know the Kemper can have a pretty steep learning curve early on in the game. I tried my best to put together a few things that I thought would have been helpful for me to know early on in my Kemper adventure. If you've got some time check out the video and let me know if I missed anything! A few tips including using commercial profiles, using the morph function, backing up rig manager, copying effects, etc.

Video link -

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey Kemper family!

For Christmas my lovely wife bought me a Gator Kemper bag (See Bag Here). I've owned a Husky Bag for the last year of owning my Kemper and it's been absolutely amazing as a cheaper alternative to the original Kemper bag (Husky Bag). The only downside is that since it is a tool bag, there are tons of additional flaps on the inside designed to hold tools. This has caused a bit of snagging/scratching on the front side of my Kemper. It's a super durable bag but it is obviously not meant for a Kemper. This started my search for a new Kemper bag. I have read a very large amount of negative Kemper Bag reviews (the actual Kemper Bag) with it not being durable/sturdy in the long haul. I also didn't like having to set the Remote on top of the Kemper to make it fit.

I saw that Gator came out with a Kemper bag about two months ago and I was curious on the overall quality. A guy on Facebook bought it and gave it a pretty glowing review. Then, come Christmas morning, I found it wrapped nicely under our Christmas tree!

The bag is super sturdy and has TONS of room for storage. I can fit my Kemper, Remote, all of my cables, IEM's, expression pedal, wireless unit, Guitar Repair kit (screwdrivers, strings, etc). I even have an entire pocket on the side that isn't being used. It's super light and feels really nice. The original strap is a bit flimsy so I swapped it out with the strap from the Husky bag and I think it will be a lot better of a strap for carrying it 2-3 times a week.

Definitely a great option for someone looking to get a solid bag for their Kemper head and remote.

Matchless SC30 amps are very similar to most EL84 type amps where it definitely has some crunch/drive when pushed. You can use the "gain" knob and adjust/tweak the gain down a bit and it should still sound really good, I just normally wouldn't recommend drastic adjustments because then it's the Kemper modifying the amp and it's not just the amp profile itself.

That, or you could just find a cleaner SC30 profile and that will give you the best results.

Hey everyone!

My church released a live worship album today that features myself playing lead. All of my parts were played through a Kemper as well as the rhythm guitarist through a Line 6 Helix.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Profiles used - Selah Sounds Mk2

Selah Sounds HC30

Guitars used - 60's mexican strat

Sublime Tomcat Deluxe

Suhr Alt T Pro

Thanks!

Suhr, in my opinion, create a better guitar for the price point than Fender. Their Alt T or Classic T guitars are works of art. I'm a neck snob and having the guitars plek'd is a game changer compared to how they come from Fender (in my experience).

Depending on the profile that I am working with, I will mess with the pure cab/character parameters. Normally I add about +.5-1.5 character and then normally I turn pure cab around 3.00. For High and Low shift, normally use a negative parameter for both. High shift at about -.02 and low about -.06-.08 or so.

I've found this helps remove some of the harshness in some profiles and also can clean up some things a bit. I mostly play worship profiles so very clean and chimey is normally the route I tend to take.

My band and I covered this song pretty often. I personally used Selah Sounds Jackson Scarlett Mark 2 amp profile. It's similar to most Vox AC30 type amps which has your typical British rock sound.

I used a guitar with humbuckers (bridge pickup), little bit of quarter note delay, reverb, and some slight overdrive/crunch.

Coincidentally, I was just playing my ASAT Special with Vintage Vibe P90's through the Tone Junkie Morgan AC20. Sounds great to me! Use the volume knob to go from dirty to clean. Not too bright or dark.

How do you like the Reverend? I've kind of had my eye on the Bigsby Charger 290. I'm not 100% in love with my ASAT or my Mexican Tele and was thinking about moving both and picking up a Reverend, but not quite motivated enough. Need to get out and play it!

I'll check out tone junkies profile! As far as liking the Reverend, I'm pleasantly surprised. I came in skeptical but overall am very very happy with the guitar. I'm blown away by the value of the guitar. Great tuning stability, locking tuners, neck contour, cool modern/vintage aesthetics, and most importantly, great tonality and playability. I've dialed in MBritt's Matchless HC30 with it that sounds impeccable. Working on another for a JM Proto profile from Worship Tutorials (performance made from Tone junkies JM PROTO)