Posts by sjstrick

Any advantage to setting the Main Outs in a particular way? I only see faint mentions of signal to noise ratios being better. My SPDIF is set to 0db and I’m considering locking the mains to the same. What do live desks usually like to see?

I've read somewehere that it's possible to receive a stereo signal through my IEM, coming from the mixing desk using the monitor mix (or Aux out) on the mixing desk if you connect things right on a powered kemper. It's about using the return and Alternative IN as stereo aux IN on the kemper's rear.

I have read both the main and the reference manual but with these it's a hell of a job to work this out on the kemper. Can anyone explain how this is done?

Yes, I use this setup exclusively for practice from a headphone output to stereo 1/4" right and left adapters. Plug the adapters into Return Input and Alt Input on back of Kemper. Then in Kemper settings, mix in the "Aux In" level for whatever output you're using. This is in Page 6 of Output Menu ("Aux In > Main", "Aux In > Monitor" , etc)

If your aux level is maxed I’d guess the signal from the computer is too low. I’m plugging straight from an old iPhone into the aux in and I have them set about halfway and that’s still too much sometime for me. In my case, the phones levels may not always be 100%; I’d guess a computer output could do the same.

You have any padding set on the outputs? Maybe the aux ignored this setting (doubt it though).

I don't vote for this. It's hours of extra work for KPA team for something not important. We must prioritize!

I'd bet that programming 12-hour support is significantly easier to do than, say, releasing a stable spring reverb.

I use the clock on the remote every day. It's very convenient. Whether you use 12 hour time or whether you display your time on the remote makes this feature worthless or not to you.

And programming wise, as stated before; it's a simple if-statement.

If one's concerned about character additions on the remote requiring AM/PM, one can omit them because people who use 12 hour time and also use stoves/microwaves won't have a problem adjusting.

I'm lowering distortion sens on my Wolfgang with high output passive pickups; almost in a way like the -10db pad input on a lot of amps. I found that to be the case when I play through clean profiles with it and it overdrives the "input gain stage" or whatever Kemper wants to call that.

I'll be sure to check out what increasing the clean sens does on my Strat though, I had left that default originally!

I love having the time on my remote! What a cool and extremely useful feature.

Since I’m in one of the “wrong” countries that uses 12-hour time, could we also get an option to display time in 12-hour format?