Posts by Eyetri2015

Happy Halloween! I just wrapped up our latest full band cover for Misfits "Dig Up Her Bones" - guitars recorded courtesy of my KPA power rack :) This was a fun one. Thanks for watching!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey Kemper Fans!

Hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to check in and share my first ever Epic Holiday Guitar Shred Collab! I’ve always been inspired by these & wanted to put together my own this year. I wrote and produced the rhythm backing track via my KPA powerrack and getgood drums VST.

Huge shout out to all of the talented guitarists who played on this project. We have 8 countries represented - France, Scotland, Bulgaria, Poland, China, Slovakia, Spain & US. I had an awesome time working with everyone, and hope to do another one of these in the future.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey Kemper players!

I just wrapped up a cover for "Count on Me" from Bruno Mars. Unfortunately we weren't able to shoot a video for this one, so I put together a lyric video instead. I was excited to jump in on vocals for this one as well. :) Enjoy!

I ran my fender acoustasonic through the kemper for the guitar parts and hard panned the wet/processed dry signals. The tone is ok. I'm not entirely sold on relying just on the pickups in acoustic guitars to capture the sound. I want to try mic'ing a real acoustic guitar for my next non-heavy metal project like this. I'm pretty sure pickups in acoustic guitars are solely for live performance and acoustic guitars you hear on studio recordings are captured solely via microphone(s)? Can anyone chime in from experience?

I've only very recently tried quad tracking and using a 6505 with a Mesa Dual Rect. All I've learned so far is that the tone needs to have much larger low cuts than you would think so the tracks don't sound muddy and drown in with the bassist. Getting the right low end without the mud is a challenge for me. I guess I'll just stick to Hard Rock with one or two tracks because it's slower and easier. ;)

Very true! I've also found that with quad tracking (and dual tracking!) that its super important to record and leverage the DI tracks (even if you're not reamping) to better visually see the audio waveform and use that for editing everything super tight - especially with the metal stuff. I've found that doing this makes things go from slightly muddy to tight/amazing, very quickly.

A multiband compressor on the guitar master bus is also crucial for mud elimination :D compressing a few db from the 80-420hz range.

Hey Guys!

I just wrapped up a full band cover for "Shaped By Fire" from As I Lay Dying. Guitars were of course tracked via my KPA power rack - 6505 profiles for the main guitars and 5153's for the background quad tracks. This one came out so dang sick and I'm really happy with the finished product/mix/guitar tones/video.

For you metal players out there, I'm curious what amp profiles have worked really well for quad tracking? Thus far, I've only used this 6505/5153 combo and I've been pretty happy with the results. Also, what does the mixing look like when you quad track? One profile dual tracked R/L with different profile in the background (like I did here)? Or one profile hard panned R and the other L with the opposite happening in the background for the quad tracking? I feel there's no hard and fast formula.

Enjoy! Thanks! :D

Hey Kemper Community,

Happy Friday! I wanted to share my latest acoustic cover with the Kemper for "Under the Bridge" from RHCP. I was really happy with the tone I got on this project, 1 performance, 3 tracks (stereo wet/DI R/L and a mic'd track in the center). In the future, I still want to experiment with the "acoustic guitar" effect on the kemper (I think there's one in there, no?) and compare it to what I've got here. Hope you enjoy!

Cheers:thumbup:
    Kevin

That came out great! I would like it more if the mix had more low end especially on the bass -- that would really drive the song into you. Just my 1 cent but still a good job.

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I agree. Mixing bass is not my strong point at the moment. I always feel its either lacking altogether or sounds overwhelming and muddys up the mix. A delicate balance. Maybe I need to explore more KPA bass profiles?

Hey Fellow Kemper Fans,

Check out our latest full band metal cover for "Live in Love" from Times of Grace. This band is a side project with some of the members of Killswitch Engage. Guitars recorded via my Kemper profiler of course! I used dual track recording with blended tones - Peavey 5150 on one side and 6505 on the other. Stoked on how this one came out! Thanks for watching! :thumbup:

Hey Kemper Family!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday season. I wanted to share another rock/metal cover I put together for "Little Drummer Boy", recorded of course via my Kemper profiler powerrack . Thanks for checking this out, let me know what you think! ^^:thumbup:

Hey Kemper Community!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday season so far. I wanted to share a recent rock cover I put together for "Holly Jolly Christmas", recorded of course via my Kemper profiler. Enjoy! :thumbup::)

Hey Kemper Community! I recently started taking voice lessons and wanted to try covering one of my favorite 90's rock songs. Definitely made some mistakes on vocals, really happy with the way the guitars came out. Check it out when you have a chance! Thanks! :)