Posts by semguigui

Hello !

I've just got a new laptop, a refurbished one that have been reset, and Windows 10 (family version) reinstalled. I wanted to dedicate it to Rig manager...

I did all the many windows updates needed until there was no more update found, so that Windows10 is brand new and up to date now.

But when running the installer of the last RM (v3.4.45) it runs approximately half the progression bar, and then stops, shows a couple of messages including these two error codes ( 2502 and 2503), and says it closes without being able to install RM.

I found only one thread mentioning this error code, the person fixed it by setting "total control" in the security properties of the Windows temp folder, but it had no effect in my case.

Please help ;(

(PS : the laptop model is HP elitebook 840 G3)

If we're going for sheer authenticity, why don't they make a KPA 2 that weighs 75 pounds and has expensive parts that need replacing every couple years?

😂😂😂sure, that's the paradox. I agree with all what you said, but the kemper is also a toy to play with, and just to see what it would have given in real, I'd use the button.

In fact we could even coin a new acronym, we could split the "Amp in the room" into two others : "Cab In The Room"+"Head In The Fingers"

it makes AITR=CITR+HITF:D

CK said in the interview that volume compensation will ve retained.

good to know. That being said, to stick to the Amp in the room feeling again (they did so many things to provide it), they could also offer the possibility to deactivate this compensation, so that the user will effectively experience the same than with the real thing...

i hate to b that guy but tbh i found the discussion of liquid profiling quite interesting and am not interested in troubleshooting the audio interface option which i think has nothing to do with LP .. could we maybe move back on topic ? :saint:

You're totally right 😉

Here's one question on topic: with the EQ Controls behaving like in the real-world amp now, does it mean that the heard volume will change a lot too, like in the real world? Or will kemper will give the option of having a kind of volume normalization?

What?!? Yikes that's a non-starter for me :(

The only other USB audio device I use is my Roland TD-27 drum set using USB audio to get all the individual tracks, and even with their drivers I get 44.1, 48, and 96khz options.

Here's hoping that changes before official release.

on this topic, I'm sure I've seen on the web a video with CK explaining his choice on that. And I think, roughly, what he said was that in theory (sampling theory, Nyquist etc...) you don't loose any information at 44.1kHz, or it's negligible for the task we're interested in : guitar. He claimed that poeple thinking they hear a difference at higher sampling rate make a mistake...

anybody remember this ?

And I think internally, everything is at 44,1kHz, even the IR's for the kemper are at 44k, right?

I tested it on W11, with an old version of audacity I almost never used, but I think it was installed with ASIO4all, and it works perfectly, both ways, kemper <=> DAW, reamping works fine too. Thanks Kemper team, you made it finally, and working well and the RM implementation is very intuitive, few options that are clear and make the job. congratulations.

(in fact because of the lack of USB audio I never went into home recording before. Too lazy to setup a DAW with cables, interface and so on, and unplug everything to go rehearsing. This will change now. )

don't know... For sure, I just changed the scaling value which was set to 150%(recommended). I tried all the values available with no success, but I didn't touch the screen resolution, which was the same since ever (si I guess it's the right one, since RM worked without the bug before)

Me neither, I don'k know exactly starting which album we can hear this particular cab. For sure not in Dog Party where it was a Matchless, I think in The Tore Down House it was already something else... I read somewhere he used on dog party a quite standard strat, but with Fralin pickups, and maybe only a tube screamer. This sounds not so hard to replicate in the kemper, but I don't find it really close to the tone then :(.

It's the first time I go into deep mining about one artist's gear to replicate, and with him, there's SO much to read, he tells everything it's impressive and very instructive!look at this for instance

Ah ok... I didn't know. Thanks !

anyway, the IR's he produced (or collaborated to produce) are very interesting. I purchased and tested on some direct profiles, and unless it's pure confirmation bias, I think I could can feel some elements of his sound. But I'm still not close to his blues tone with the matchless profiles I found...

Curious what the update will bring for commercial profilers. The integration of a third party store in Rig Manager sounds good – without going into a debate over whether you want to pay for profiles or not (to each their own), the possibility of selling profiles has undoubtedly inspired studio owners to invest time and resources into methodical and well-made profile packs that we otherwise wouldn't have had. Bringing them into Rig Manager, along with the free Rig Exchange and Kemper's own free packs, certainly will make things even more convenient. If I understand correctly, there will be a way to test profiles before buying (maybe the Store button will be disabled then?), which we didn't have until now.

On the other hand, the introduction of Liquid Profiling sounds like it could undermine one of the selling points for commercial profilers: that they typically provide a whole profile collection of every possible combination of EQ and gain settings for a specific amp, rather than the disparate one-offs found for free in the Rig Exchange. If Liquid Profiling works as described, as long as you know the knob settings of the original amp, one profile would be enough to cover every corner and every sweet spot. And that, in turn, could make those free one-off profiles much more valuable than they are now.

For the rest of us, Liquid Profiling is definitely great news. My bandmate is planning to sell his Marshall head. We're going to profile it first, of course, and the prospect of this update means we don't have to worry too much about covering all the gain and EQ sweet spots – we'll just make a couple of profiles and make sure to remember the knob settings. Combined with merged profiling, which takes the pressure off mic placement (since the direct amp part is foolproof and you can always switch to a cab made by someone with better mics and better ears), there's so much less that can go wrong!

I think exactly like you !!*

I also think it would help in the situations like : "shit I know this tone from this song on this album have been recorded with this amp, this guitar these pickups... [well you know almost evrything] but I can't find one profile of this amp that I could make sounding like this". Event though there's many other possibilities (not the same guitarist (of course!), lots of post processing on the album, not exactly the same guitar,...) at least you could answer the question " Does the profile of this amp done with the settings of this album really exist?"

It's currently happening to me, I try (not very successfully) to find a profile of a matchless sounding like in the dog party Scott Henderson album, and Scott shares all his secrets for free on the web, he says what and how he uses the gears. I would be happy to give a try to tweaking a good liquid profile of this amp, in direct profile mode for instance, with the cab IR's of scott's cab itself which are available and that he participated to elaborate...

I already have an idea for the next step (after all CK stimulates us so let's dream:D). Some pack makers could profile a single amp in many configurations spanning more or less the whole range of possible Amp knobs combinations. Then the Kemper would automatically switch to the closest adequate profile of this series as we change the tonestack virtual knobs of the liquid profile (which are the same than those of the modeled amp if I got it). In fact the liquid algorithm would allow to interpolate between the discrete real profiles to cover the complete range of possibilities of an amp.

In fact I had this in mind since this thread...

I just made a video explaining my guess what "Liquid Profiling" will be ... and that it's not related to the upcoming Tonestack models.

Your graph is didactic, I think that's indeed the idea. It must result in something like this, but much more complex cause every knob combination of the tonestack would be the input (on your X-axis) and the output (on your Y-axis) would be the combination of all the parameters that makes a profile .

Following your idea, I would correct the graph and put the blue and red points in the middle of the plot superimposed, because CK said that at this point, the sound doesn't change at all... the difference of behavior will be when moving from this point.

And even more, I think he said you cannot start from this point and move very far and still reproduce with fidelity the amp's real behavior, you'll probably need a few points(i.e captured profiles) along the course.

wow !!

They still prefer making happier already happy guitarists than selling them newer units (even the owners of the oldest units!!). Very impressive nowadays 👏. And good for the planet...

Do you think USB audio will be also for toasters?

See this thread...

RM on Laptop

Hi !

I'd like to ask here again the solution because neither on the thread mentioned by BayouTexan nor on other threads talking about this exact same problem in the past I found the solution. (or it's me...?)

In one of the posts someone suggested to try to redimention the editor subwindow by dragging the separation between upper and lower sub windows. I tried it and what it does in my case is that during a brief fraction of second the bottom bar re-appears while dragging. And it seems it does it only when I increase the size of the editor window, not when doing the opposite.

I'm currently running the latest bêta version () on a laptop with Win11, but maybe it was already the case before the update, I was rarely using RM until now so I maybe just didn't notice. Last thing, I can remember It already happened to me long time ago, and it was fixed but I can't remember how (maybe alone with an update).