Posts by rik777

Hello I have had the KPA for a while now and have accumulated something like 500 profiles haha and even tho I know how to back up the profiler on a thumb drive, my question is while the Kemper is plugged in to my comp I want to remove all my profiles on my KPA and put them on my computer so I can then cherry pick and put only the most needed ones back on so I can keep it organized. Also it will keep all the others safe incase I need a full restore, and I think it will help with boot up time if I only had say 20 profiles on there which would be a big help!!!

Is there a way to do this?

or do I put it all on a thumb drive, then put it in my comp and copy everything over and after just delete the things I don't want on the Kemper itself??? I was hoping having it plugged in would be faster :) thank you so much

cheers!!

Kris

Will boot up be faster with less profiles inside the Kemper?

I had one sound guy refuse to take a direct feed and insisted on using a mic. When I turned up without a speaker for on stage and just asked to go direct with a little guitar in the monitors he tried to make me use a Line6 Spider combo so that he cold mic it because it “always sounds better” 🤦‍♂️ I eventually went out to the car and brought in a Mesa EVM12L cab which he miced with an E609. Thankfully I had a powered head and had already prepared for this worst case scenario but the usual happened during band changeover and his mic got misplaced. I had to reposition the mic myself or the audience would have heard no guitar. Wouldn’t have been a problem if he had just accepted a direct XLR feed but you can’t argue with so e folks.

A Line 6 Spider!!?? Wow! Man, some sound men could be so difficult and they think they know it all.

Every sound man I've worked with always mentions that the signal is very hot. I've got the main output down to - 30dbs. And sometimes they're not easy to deal with when you're trying to tell them to keep my signal direct without any preamps or other.

i picked up the Kemper Rack and started making profiles with my Wizard MCII - i was only happy with one of the profiles i made so i uploaded it - i used an MD421 on that particular profile so it has "that" sound - let me know what you think and feedback is appreciated - i'm going to give it another go today and hopefully i'll have a few more to share - thanks - ned

also you can check out my YouTube channel at NEDDI STANZ

What is the name of the profile?

Thanks for the condescending tone. I have made plenty of merged profiles the "right" way and wasn't knocked out by them. Perhaps I'm just an idiot, like you imply. I never said, "do it this way". I just said I did it this way and I like it. As far as your opinion of how I get the tones I like for myself, I kinda don't care, but I do get offended when you imply that I'm stupid for not knowing better. Please move on.

lonestargtr is correct. I agree

lonestargtr where can I find this Magic Cab?

Thanks for the condescending tone. I have made plenty of merged profiles the "right" way and wasn't knocked out by them. Perhaps I'm just an idiot, like you imply. I never said, "do it this way". I just said I did it this way and I like it. As far as your opinion of how I get the tones I like for myself, I kinda don't care, but I do get offended when you imply that I'm stupid for not knowing better. Please move on.

lonestargtr , Mr Ibot39 is out of line to say what he said. Not cool. I think you have been around the block a few times. Don't let the ignorant comments bother you. We ALL know your work and how great it is.

That seems to be a pretty strict definition of a Merged profile and I'm not attempting to sell any such profiles, anyway. And as for completely wrong results... I respectfully beg to differ. And just saving a cab to a direct profile does not sound good. It works fine for doing that with studio profiles, but just adding a cab to a direct profile, at least the way I've been doing it the last few days, just sounds wrong.

I'm not saying that this is the recommended way of doing things, nor am I saying that the manual is wrong (of course it's not). I'm just saying that I am getting great results for myself by doing this. It was an experiment to see if it worked and for me, it did. I do not know everything there is to know about the cabdriver algorithm, but there is absolutely no way that the direct amp profile "knows" what cab is being added to it, be it from the studio profile or another studio profile.

Congratulations on your son's graduation. Sorry to hear about your singer leaving the band. That's always a pain in the butt.

lonestargtr what is the Magic Cab?? Never heard of this.