Posts by rik777

in Rig Manager/Rig Exchange, type in 'Coliseum' and use a Les Paul.

Also check out the Michael Wagener Rig Pack!

"For much of the Whitesnake '87 album and first Blue Murder album John used 2 Mesa Boogie Coliseum heads. These amps have a Mark III pre-amp section but use six 6L6 power tubes"

Thanks. I didn't find much on RE. Maybe there are profiles with different names?

The Schwartz I own a pt100se. I think 4-6 merged profiles of each channel would suffice including boosted modes. Price wise I'd say$8 - $10 would be fair. Not many great Pt100se profiles out there. You could be the first. Tone Junkie's are good.

Before Kemper released the new delay types and also allowed to put a delay in every stomp or effects module, the DELAY module was the only one that could have a delay effect.

Back then, the TAP button indicated the rig tempo and the 2 LEDs indicated the delay pattern (for either single or dual delay). So basically the LEDS were blinking e.g. one of them dotted eights and the other one quarter notes (or whatever you had set the delay to do).

This functionality has been removed and now these LEDs only show the effects category color.

Thank you lightbox !

I hope you are using some form of power supply conditioner. I would never trust any venue to supply constant adequate power. What might be acceptable for an amp or PA in regards power fluctuations would never be acceptable for something like the Kemper, which is after all a computer.

Good point. I will be investing in a voltage regulator. A lot of venues have antiquated circuits. Best keep a clean and constant power source. Wish I knew what caused that problem.

Last night while playing at a gig, in performance mode, the mains and monitor out audio disappeared. We had stopped between a song and when I went to play there was NO sound from the xlr mains left and right and no sound from monitor out. It was in performance mode. I switched off the Kemper, waited 10 seconds then switched back on. Then everything came back. Any idea what is wrong? Scary when you're performing. I would appreciate help.

Last night while playing at a gig the mains and monitor out audio disappeared. We had stopped between a song and when I went to play there was NO sound from the xlr mains left and right and no sound from monitor out. It was in performance mode. I switched off the Kemper, waited 10 seconds then switched back on. Then everything came back. Any idea what is wrong? Scary when you're performing. I would appreciate help.

Actually, after a bit of searching, I've found a brilliant Kemper 80s shred tone - it's SPLAWN NITRO on the Rig Exchange. Add a nice splash of reverb and delay, tweak the EQ a bit and you get a fantastic (shred-tastic?) sound that combines everything you want - screaming highs, extra-chunky palm mutes, really good artificial harmonics and (best of all) it's buttery-smooth so fast notes flow nicely together. Think George Lynch, meets Warren DeMartini meets Jake E. Lee (but better). I've been delighting the neighbours with it for a couple of hours and I'm sure they love it. Definitely worth checking out!

BTW I'm running it from my PowerRack directly into a Genz-Benz 2x12 and that might be part of it, but it's probably the best shred solo sound I've found in MANY MANY years. Awesome!

MikeStoner what's the name of the author for that Nitro profile? Can't find it.