Posts by 4sqbbs

I'm using the hx effects with it too. The new spring reverb in the current kemper beta is one of the best I've used. I'd definitely recommend saving a slot in the hx and off loading that on to the kemper.

The hx is a great unit to use along with the kemper though, Im planning on using some midi function myself too at some point

Did a system reset and that seems to have done the trick, no idea what caused it though but I do having a feeling may have had a floor unit from the shop since after this reset was my first time it asked me to go through the setup process so maybe some setting had been changed somewhere before I got it

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help, I've posted this in the Line 6 forum too as I think it's a HX issue, but just in case I thought I'd ask here. I'm having two problems (one might be how I have it set up admittedly);

The first is that when I use the HX with the Kemper, the HX is providing extra input volume which is driving the profiles harder. I've checked all my volumes on each pedal and they're all set to 0db and I've tested with no pedals turned on at all and the level is the same; it's only when the HX is turned off that the signal is as expected going to the Kemper.

Second is a very weird issue that has happened with the auto filter. It was setup as default (no settings on it were changed), and it was placed in the effects loop of the Kemper. The first time I turned it on with the Kemper it had no high end at all, only the bottom end was coming through, and background 'hiss' slowly increased to a decently audible level which then petered off after I had turned off the auto filter. The problem is that after this has happened the Kemper now regardless of anything being plugged in will have this very slow build up of hiss which just dissipates and goes back to normal, but I have no idea why this has happened or how to fix it. The hiss seems to have been coming from the kpa, but it was definitely kicked off by the hx and (whether it was just happen-stance timing or not) the auto filter effect. Auto filter seems to be working fine now but I have changed the output of the kpa to the line out rather than the monitor out which I was using before.

My setup is;

Guitar > HX input > HX effects loop send to Kemper input > Kemper effects send to HX effects loop return > HX main output to Kemper effects return > Laney LFR-112 powered FRFR

I've checked the in/out settings in the HX and everything is instrument level

Everything is being run from the one extension lead

Effects loop on the kpa is in the X slot, and in the HX is one loop block placed before any modulation/delay

I'm not really sure of when to use ground lifts, but when the hiss has appeared I've just gone one by one through to turn each on/off to see if there's any difference and there isn't.

Any help is much appreciated!

Welcome, Liam.

Go on mate, do tell...

Well, hopefully not against the rules to mention other companies negatively, but it was a Bias Head. Great sounds when they brought bias amp 2 out(not quite as good as Kemper but not as far removed as you'd think), but first one I had settings were changing on their own (master volume would randomly slam itself on full which would wake you up!), Second one had terrible hiss from the poweramp which upon repair brought some weird digital interference thing in to the mix(poweramp was still loud and hissy), not exactly sure on what was happening in the last one. Early days so far with the Kemper so we'll see how that goes, but I've seen far fewer posts about issues with Kempers so I have a little more confidence with this unit

Hi Guys,

I've already spoken a little on here asking about different FRFR/Speaker options, but I've finally pulled the trigger and got my Kemper and the Laney LFR-112.

Firstly my name is Liam! Nice to properly meet you all and hopefully post a bit more

Here's my rig as it stands

I'm using the Kemper in conjunction with a HX effects I got a little while ago. Only had a short time to use them together so far but initial impressions are good.

On to the Kemper itself; I absolutely love the sound of Micks Two Rock Classic Reverb on that pedal show, so I pretty much right away got a profile of the amp and loaded it up. The Laney arrived a little later than the Kemper so through headphones I was VERY impressed! Much much better than I expected. I've had 5 minutes over my lunch break just having a go with the Laney, it sounds great so far but I seem to be getting a little break up where I wasn't doing before so I'm not sure whether that's the Laney or within the profile or what but I'll have a proper look later (also I don't know if anyone knows whether it's best to set up the volume fairly high on the Laney and they dial it back on the Kemper or the other way around, or if it really matters?).

I did use a competitor head for a while before this which, whilst I liked the sounds, boy do they need to sort their quality control out; 2 faulty heads and a failed repair later and here I am with a Kemper! (Not sure on the stance of saying which brand this is)

Thanks everyone for all your help so far :)

I'll have a look in to monitors but I'm not sure with my situation whether it would work (purely on fitting it all in the space I have) since my amp sits on the cab currently.

Does anyone have any experience with something like the laney lfr112 in a low volume setting?

Hope it's ok to ask, I know one or two of my questions have been asked before but I'm still not really sure what I want to do!

So I'm currently looking in to getting a kemper, but I'm stuck between the powered vs none powered, and whether to run FRFR or not.

For some background I only play at home so being able to keep volume with drummers/loud stages etc doesn't matter much as it'll be mainly lower volumes I'll be playing at. I'm looking at a kemper mainly as, while it is an expensive option for my use, I like the thought of having the ability to use so many amps I wouldn't normally be able to. I do currently own an open back Orange PPC212 which I could use with the powered head, but I'm very aware that the speaker will colour the sound a fair bit which is why I'm leaning toward an FRFR option.

Now comes my main issue; I can buy an unpowered kemper with something like the Laney FR112 (Or something else around the same price point), OR the powered head, use it with my current cab and then save for the FRFR (I would be looking at a somewhat similar price point as the Laney still, maybe a bit higher). I'm leaning toward the first option currently as I feel like if I'm going to go FRFR at any point I can save some money on the power amp since I won't need it (at least I don't plan on using one for an external cab) once I got the FRFR anyway.

Thanks for your help :)