Posts by AdamMassacre1981

It's not your ears, Adam; it sounds pants mate; no doubt.

Best path to resolution IMHO would be to create a support ticket and send a DI file of your guitar, the Rigs you used in this demo and the demo itself. If it's deemed that the unit needs repair or replacing, you'll already be in the box seat.

Alternatively, you can make a new demo with free Rigs and post that here along with the DI file, but at best all you can hope for is confirmation from others here that something's amiss with your hardware or software / settings. The former strategy skips the possibly-redundant confirmation stage.

Thanks man...i apologize again for bringing the misery cheers for the advice \m/

Im so sorry guys but STILL iam having a bad time with my kemper...at this point im desperate.I have been through MANY online forums trying to get some kind of answer to my problem but keep coming back to the same threads ive already read and no real solid answer.I have tried everything! all kinds of cables SPDIF multiple guitars MANY MANY profiles and still i have this horendous digital fizzy demon clinging on to my every tone.I have altered the EQ's high shelf low shelf and its still there. I have pulled back the distortion but its there.This demo i have linked here i have used different commercial profiles from completely different companies just to show no matter what i use its there.

PLEASE for my sanity tell me you hear it too and im not just losing my mind over here.Could it be my ears are they fatigued or shot to hell and im hearing bad things? i dont think so tbh im pretty sure theres something seriously wrong here.

I have enabled cab disabled cab disabled cab monitor enabled cab monitor disabled EQ enabled EQ every possible thing that could be enabled and disabled ive tried.

The output from the kemper into my interface is not clipping all lights are in the green.

My interface is not clipping the halos are green.

My guitar goes direct into the front input of my kemper. The model guitar does not even matter all of my guitars produce the same problem.

My out is "Main output Left" straight into my interface (Clarett 4pree USB). using balanced cable or SPDIF cable changes nothing.

SURELY there is turn around for this its hearbreaking seeing all these amazing kemper videos with amazing sounds and mine sounds like utter hell.

This will be my last cry for help and then i will probably just sell my unit.

Sorry for bringing you guys such a miserable post.

When playing my guitar it comes direct from my Monitors that are plugged in the back of my interface so its direct .The direct monitoring in my DAW is sometimes on say if im using a plugin in the DAW like a reverb. Through my monitors sounds great. Headphones sounds great. And 3) Does that mean make sure the monitoring is disabled in my DAW and not active...ah so if that Is active and I m going through my direct monitors does that mean cubase is recording both signals hence the glitchy soup?...I've been awake too long my brain hurts lol Thank you again for being so patient with my silly dumb ass.

posting some pics.

DAW MONOTORING: I should keep this off when tracking?

What i DID notice by pure accident when i turned the gate off with a distorted profile my pickups (EMG81) actually create a not so wonderful hum feedback buzz. So i left this setting active and floated my guitar around in random spots around my studio desk and above my head to attempt to find the culprit. Turns out its my PC tower making my guitar Hum and buzz and this goblin previously remained hidden because i had the gate activated but i think the interference was still effecting the guitar. The further i move away the more it goes away so I'm now thinking...is it the position of my PC thats creating this interference and causing it to fizz and glitch?...or have i just ran into another problem hahaha.

Is the Kemper set to 48k? It defaults to 44k.

The only way I know how to change that is via the SPDIF clock on the output menu on the kemper and I'm not using SPDIF would that effect effect my signal? sorry for being a noob but if ya dont ask ya dont know ;) i will have a quick tester. Thanks!

I'm using a Motu M4 with TS connection to Kemper. 48000 sample rate. 64bit buffer size, and I get 4.8ms latency (direct monitoring off). I'm using Reaper v5. I cannot tell or feel the latency at all. I'm also using the Kabinet sort of like a floor monitor when playing thru my studio monitors. Sounds great to my ears.

At 5ms, some people will begin to notice it a bit but still won't effect your playing or recording. You should be able to drop your buffer size down some. And there is no reason to record at rates above 48,000.

Latency was never the problem for me as I'm direct out through my hs7s i never monitor via the DAW even at really low latency it throws me off.The problem is just the pure horrid glitchy noise I'm getting and i cant figure out why.All of the clean profiles sounds fine but all of the distorted profiles are pure dog sh#te horrible. I can accept not all are gonna be fantastic and thats fine but either every single one I've come across sounds awful (Glitched) or there is a problem in my chain somewhere...im hoping its a problem in the chain or maybe its my ears a busted up too bad and its effecting my judgement haha awww ya gotta laugh huh? ;)

Hahaha ;) ;) Yes it a balanced TRS cable from the kemper into the interface i will give it a jam with a regular TR cable and see if there is an improvement. Thanks for your responses though dude its nice man :)

through the headphones (Sure SRH440) sounds awesome!

My 4pre interface has the clipping halos that tell me when im going into it too hot it flashes red.When im good it stays a lovely green.Its always a lovely green.

Sample rate ive tried 44100,48000 and took it up to 96000 my interface goes up to 192000 but i never go past 96000.

Buffer size 128.

I use a TS guitar cable (Hosa) into front "INPUT" and a balanced cable from my kemper (Main left out) and go straight into the front channel 1 using "LINE IN" into my interface.When going into "INSTRUMENT" it is far too unstable and clips out like crazy. so i use line in.

I use SPDIF too but theres no change in the problem regardless if i sync up the clocks.

My Cubase project setup is:

Sample rate 96.000khz

Bit Depth 64 bit float.

i had the same problems with my previous interfaces its a problem thats haunted me forever and i just bet its such a simple fix.

My 4pre interface has the clipping halos that tell me when im going into it too hot it flashes red.When im good it stays a lovely green.Its always a lovely green.

Sample rate ive tried 44100,48000 and took it up to 96000 my interface goes up to 192000 but i never go past 96000.

Buffer size 128.

I use a TS guitar cable (Hosa) into front "INPUT" and a balanced cable from my kemper (Main left out) and go straight into the front channel 1 using "LINE IN" into my interface.When going into "INSTRUMENT" it is far too unstable and clips out like crazy. so i use line in.

I use SPDIF too but theres no change in the problem regardless if i sync up the clocks.

My Cubase project setup is:

Sample rate 96.000khz

Bit Depth 64 bit float.

i had the same problems with my previous interfaces its a problem thats haunted me forever and i just bet its such a simple fix.

Hey man! I've had the exact same problem ever since owning a kemper (nearly 3 years) still cant get it sorted.Cleans sound great and all distortions are a glitchy fizzy s#it mess. Hope you get a resolve dude I m thinking of selling my kemper and just moving on.

In the clips im playing octaves because thats when its really evident also in single note melody its really bad.

Neural dsp no kemper connection at all just direct into interface.

Kemper nasty. used eq's to attempt to remove the glitchy noise but it remained no matter the EQ change.

To me its phazey glitchy fizzy kinda Pewww Peww swishhhh swish is the only way i can describe it.

Check out this thread and let us know if your problem is similar.

I gave up...the Kemper ships back tomorrow. (Solved)

I'm not so sure its the high grit tone it sounds more glitchy than the high end gritty like there is something broken. Its like ya know how the Kemper sounds with a distortion tone but with the cab turned off? horrid right? its like that tone on top of the nice profile tone but fizzy glitchy its hard to explain.

I know its not my kemper because when i go direct from guitar into my interafce (no connection to the kemper) and then open up a virtual amp sim like Neural DSP the same broken noise can be heard...starting to think maybe my ears are just f#cked haha i hope not...i recorded two little guitar takes one from my kemper and one using the neural dsp i will upload them now.

UPDATE!! sadly its still there no matter what tweeking i do that bizzy fizzy frequency is there.Ya cant realy hear it when doing lower notes and chugging its only when i start to go up the neck in higher frequencies its there but saying that i still think its there on the lower notes but its just not as apparent.

It HAS to be something from the interface into the PC or something going on within the PC. I've de-activated all the soundcards within the PC and activated only the 4PRE USB soundcard clutching at straws really trying to eliminate anything and try anything at this point. I must say I've had previous PC's with the exact same problem using other interfaces its like its demon following me around being a real pain in the butt and just really killing all fun would SHOULD be had.

I need to get an actual person here to see what the heck is going because its really hard to explain something that ya not sure is going on.

The crazy thing is i bet its a simple switch hidden away somewhere and all i need to do is press it and everything sounds incredible hahaha.

#keeponpushing #remainpositive

I don't really use my headphones in my kemper my ears are smashed to hell from years of loud band stuff constant tinnitus so i tend to avoid playing guitar directly into them to save what little hearing i have left lol Oh! doing that Studio EQ in the "X" spot is helping I'm actually getting a hold of that horrid Gremlin frequency. Currently playing around with it now i will keep you posted of my progress thanks ma' man the real test will be doing individual string hits in the higher frequencies those are where the rotten tinker likes to dwell. ;)

To me it sounds like the actual profile but it has another tone coming through the same signal...an awful sound that resembles the kemper with the cab turned off and its hitching a ride on top of the actual nice profile if that makes sense?...two signals fused together...im going bonkers here lol could it be my PC sending a signal that is merging with my interface signal? am i making any sense to anyone? apologies if i sound mental.