Posts by AdamMassacre1981

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Gary was incredible! ultimate feel and that tone...is that Greeny? tragically now in the hands of Kirk Wah Wah Hammett.

I like this...sort of :)

Crazy to think his more well known other band is Mudvayne haha Seen these crazy dudes live back in the day they kicked ass!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ryan Martinie truly is one the most underated bassists ever IMO. Always loved this jam. :)

Thanks buddy! Yeah i almost got pulled into its web haha. When i saw its needs an external power supply (which comes seperate) like a phone charger i was thinking well won't that add interference back into the chain...Yupp...took a wide birth on it. Thanks for the reply. \m/

A properly working USB 2.0 bus has a bit error rate of <= 10^-12. It also has error detection built in to each packet. Note I used the word properly. As in not defecticve in terms of the electronics and/or cables.

SNAKE OIL!!!

Thanks dude! i knew it was "too good to be true". A purchase dodged! \m/

Hey guys!

As you know im always trying to find ways to make my gear sound better and ive come accross this little ditty.

At first i was like Ooooh! then i became a bit sceptical and since im not the most tech-headed dude i figured i would wing it by you lovely guys to grab your two cents on it.

The idea behind it ( in my head at least) was it will clean up the signal from my audio interface (USB) to my PC USB connection. Maybe im understanding its purpose completely wrong and it does something completely different to what i THINK it does and i will just end up wasting more money or maybe it DOES do what i think it does but not as good as it claims and i STILL end up wasting money haha.

Opinion's are very welcome fellas.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iFi-iSilencer-Eliminator-Suppressor-Adapter/dp/B084BZ7PGF

Not my latest but my FIRST real electric guitar i got about 30 years ago. I learned my chuggs on this badboy when i was a kid. Came with a tiny battery powered amp with a curly chord and a cassette with i think 10 tracks and the b side was missing the rhythm guitars so you could jam along with the band. It was incredible. Sadly i no longer have it i believe its sitting in an old friends loft somewhere and its been there for the past 20 some years. He's since moved so i guess it just got thrown in a skip or something. But Dayum! just look at that paintjob...i was THE BOSS! I loved that guitar \m/ Great memories.

External Content youtu.be
    These dudes have got it locked IN. Fantastic bass player 😊😊

Iam also reading up on mixing forums and watching more videos on youtube on mixing and this is very true. Many guitars in a mix sound unpleasant solo'd but sound fantastic in a mix haha its tough to get my head around like ive always said im a guitarist not a studio engineer and when im playing/recording with these "unpleasant" profiles its understandabley rather off putting haha.

It is indeed true though since iam learning more on bass guitar frequencies in a mix and drums and adding all of these instruments together that nasty guitar now sounds rather good. And im also training my brain that i barely need any distortion to get a solid metal tone so i now dial that right back. Again it is something i have to get accustomed to but iam slowly coming around to it. Its so weird as im used to plugging straight into my Rockerverb mkii and just letting rip and it sounds fantastic. Cant realy do that in my home thats why i bought a kemper.

It doesnt help i have tinitus in my left ear so certain frequencies rip right into my ear drum...its rather painful and unpleasant. Maybe thats why i can hear those frequencies.

I have a few Neural DSP amp sims i will fire up and see what happens.

Constantly learning everyday.

Thanks buddy.

Quick update.

Currently A/B-ing Commercial and Stock profiles direct from kemper to monitors AND through kemper/interface/monitors. Also recording all A/B-ing through kemper/interface into Cubase using Commercial and Stock flipping between TRS and TS cables at the input and output. Ive abandoned the idea of XLR out to interface as recommended as it did indeed feel a little too hot. I dont know the science behind it but it certainly did sound/feel hotter.

Ive even gone as far as watching the input level in Cubase which ive never done before as ive always just relied on the gain stage at the interface. I did this just as an extra checkpoint to make sure going into Cubase aint too hot.

Its a long process but a process i think is very worth the effort not to mention im learning new awesome stuff i never knew before so thats certainly a plus.

Thanks again guys for putting up with me.

There IS a light at the end of the tunnel ;)

The only thing you've mentioned so far that would make the Kemper volume level a possible factor is your interface - if you're plugging into it and having to turn the Kemper way down because it'll clip otherwise, there's probably some configuration issue that is going to invalidate any confidence in whether you're hearing a problem or not.

I dont usualy have it that low i usualy keep it around -12 (seems to be the common number) i was trying out different levels the idea being turn down the level going out into my interface maybe it will clean up the signal if i tried a lower output...i dont know...ts all trial and error just test this test that scratch that off the list etc.

EDIT: I turned the RIG volume down because its late and i have neighbours and its loud as shit haha its loud enough i can still hear it though.

Starting to feel pretty confident that using XLR to the interface kicks in a mic option and screws up the audio.

I've yet to add the interface and PC to this scenario but i think you maybe correct.

I noticed the moment i turned on my PC ( At this stage the Kemper is still not connected to interface or PC. Only my guitar and the monitors are connected to Kemper) there was interference through my pickups clicking and ticking whenever my PC did anything. It became less as i turned away and moved away from my PC tower but thats kind of a pain when recording twisting and turning all the time haha.

Just got in from work and currently trying this.

PC is off audio interface is off nothing is connected to the kemper besides my guitar using my snake oil Mogami guitar TS cable (lol) and my Adam Audios coming out the back left and right.

The rig volume is low because i have neighbours. Just to clarify turning the RIG down does not in anyway effect the tone right?. Here are some pics. Im using a stock profile and i must say...im digging it...this is a positive right? :)

EDIT: I havent yet tried this with my HS7s as they are boxed away in my loft but i will get around to it at some point this week when im off work and try them in this same scenario.

Thank you for this response. Im currently at work at the moment but did read it all and its very much appreciated. The moment i get home tonight i will read through it again and slowly go through it bit by bit so i can better understand it. It seems to be the recurring theme of bad profiles as the culprit me thinks. Bugger! Spent a darn fortune on those things over the years too.

🙏😊

Yeah i have a whole stack of commercial IR's im gonna swim through again and try out using stock kemper profiles this time. Ive only realy tried them on the commercial profile bundles ive purchased with very little success. I guess ya cant realy polish a turd even with a nice IR its still gonna be just a turd underneath lol

I will go through my cable chain again and try using the 1/4 see if anything has changed since using the stock profiles. :)

Yeah i tried this with many TS and TRS cables of different qualities cheap and expensive. I think its slowly becoming a realisation to me that these commercial bundles i keep purchasing are just not that good and im wrongfully blaming the wrong piece of the puzzle here.

Im gonna hold back on commercial profiles and look more into the stock ones and see how i go from there. :)

Royal Mail 2023 price list gives £20.30 for a 10kg parcel from UK to Germany (one way)

https://www.royalmail.com/site…r-prices-october-2023.pdf

I believe that employee did something wrong or told you BS....

She asked me what it was i said music equipment. She weighed it and asked me the value i told her what i payed. She then said they can ship it but they dont insure musical equipment and gave me the cost of the shipping and it wasn't £20 lol i still have the reciept somewhere i asked her for it because i thought it was insane. I will dig it out and take a photo of it after work.

I hope she did balls up because i will go back and get it sorted and send it off for sure :)

Dude, sorry to hear you are still struggling.

I think from this you have ruled out the KPA and guitar. So its definitely in between the KPA and recording, so your interface, PC etc.

I thought your last recording sounded pretty good....

Yeah buddy. At this point i think im chalking it down to just bad commercial kemper bundles i keep falling for that just arent working for me. The last recording was a stock kemper profile and yeah i was digging it too :) maybe theres hope for me yet lol