Posts by AdamMassacre1981

I was incredibly grateful for the free service offer and i took my unit to my local royal mail with the paper work with my unit all packaged up correctly with the full intention of sending it but without insurance (because they told me they dont insure musical equipment) would have cost me (one way) £340 and the same back and did i mention thats without insurance so there was no way i was gonna gamble on that. It was just an insane amount of money that in no way could i afford and there was no "assumption" on shipping cost this is what it was and what i was told by royal mail directly to my face.

Why do i feel like im being attacked here?

Im struggling with my hardware. Im not the most brain savvie with all these gear terminologies im an absolute beginner learning the best i can all i have is this forum for help its not like i have an army of friends in my area with kempers who i can face to face with and discuss stuff and it just sounds like you are calling me an annoying arsehole.

I have no idea what the hell Preamp R function is or 4khz with 12db...i play guitar i plug in and strum im not a mathematician with a science degree. What is incredibly obvious to some is complete voodoo to others.

Maybe be more patient with me it just takes a little longer for stuff to sink in my head not to mention i have a full time job so im not infront of my setup 24 hours a day with the luxury of playing around and figuring stuff out and reading through hours of online forums.

Like i said maybe its all down to real shitty kemper bundles i keep buying. Lesson learned.

Also im now a bit more reluctant to post here anymore in fear of getting a finger pointed in my face.

Adios.

is what the current chain is and what i tend to use most. Sometimes i will use a TRS jack from left main out into my interface. Is it better to use a TS cable? 🤔

Ok...so here is what i did. Apologies if im over explaining i dont want to miss anything out.

I reset my kemper.

Unplugged everything all connections from kemper to audio interface and and PC then turned off PC.

I plugged in JUST my headphones into the kemper and turned it on with the stock profile (TAF - Diesel VH 4 CH 3) . So far so good no noise or any kind of interference at all.

I turned the kemper back off then plugged in my guitar using TS cable into front of kemper and turned it back on again. No noise or interference.

Turned up the volume knob on my guitar on a stock high gain profile (TAF - Diesel VH 4 CH 3) no intereference or strange noises coming through. Still listening through my headphones.

Turned off Kemper and attatched kemper directly to my audio interface using Left XLR cable direct into input one of my audio interface and turned the kemper back on still using the same profile.

Still no naughty frequencies or noise.

Turned on PC everything still good.

Fired up Cubase. I heard a little noise. My PC came through my pickups ever so slightly when it was loading up Cubase. Mind i DO sit at my desk which is close to my PC i usualy just turn away and find that sweet spot where it aint such a problem anymore.

I start up a project and record the profile (double track it mono hard pan left right) and it sounds not too bad.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Maybe its just commercial profile bundles? is it just maybe they aint working for me and im blaming my kemper.

Maybe i should just stop buying them and go back to basics with what comes stock on the kemper and educate myself how to use the unit better.

im NOT giving up.

You say you've tried them, but the problem apparently is still there, and you don't seem to know where it's coming from. If you can't get any definitive answer from online support, then it seems like sending the unit in for proper evaluation and service may be your only option. Of course, if it's not something wrong with the Kemper then you'd be out that expense and still have no answer.

Good luck.

I will try again step by step the options you have offered just incase i may have missed something. Thank you again buddy.

Thanks for your advice i have tried all those options.

To me it always sounded like the cab was turned off but at the same the cab was on but they were both happening at the same time and i was getting both signals if that makes sense. Its so weird to me but painfully obvious whenever i use any kind of gain or high gain profile.

Its not AS obvious when im playing down in the lower part of the guitar but as i climb up the frets those fizzy phazey whilstling frequencies come screaming in. I dont ever hear any of those frequencies when i watch or listen to anyone else play a profile or anything so i know its not my ears.

Maybe its just 99% of profiles and IR's ive tried are garbage but that is a rather huge "Maybe".

You DO hear it though right? its not right...that shouldnt be doing that huh?.

Have you contacted support? Almost sounds like a battery drain or power drain.

Yeah i did they were awesome to offer me a free maintanance job of my unit since this has been an issue since day one which is fantastic its just i couldnt afford the insane shipping costs there and back.

Would be cheaper to book a holiday...maybe i will one day and drop my kemper off ;)

Hi guys!!

So i had my guitar looked at and properly setup by a pro in a well established music store and it felt great when i picked it up the guy even said he wanted to keep it he loved it that much haha. So obviously i couldnt WAIT to get home and plug into my kemper in the hopes i will FINALLY love my toaster.

Well...nothing changed. I even purchased another (Yes another) more high end xlr cable again with the hope of a fix but nope.

Here is a sample i just recorded.

This was recorded using my other audio interface ( Universal Audio Volt 476) But this problem also happens when using my Focusrite Clarett 4pre. A simple routing. Left XLR out into Xlr input one. Main output on Kemper set to Master Mono. Main volume -20 rig volume at 0.0. No peaks on the interface all in the green. USB direct into PC going into my DAW (Cubase pro 12) Guitar going direct into Input on the front of the kemper with TRS cable. TS cable makes no difference.

My monitors are Adam Audio's directly out of my interace this also happens on my HS7 monitors.

My guitar i used is my Solar A1.7C but thats irrelevant as all of my guitars have this problem.

I must stress NO amount of EQ post or Pre fixes that whistling windy ear ripping sound and its present on all gain and high gain profiles.This does not happen in clean profiles.

Sample one is the profile untouched. The second is also the profile untouched but i scroll through the EQ band in Cubase. The third is the problematic noise that is killing everything that just cannot be removed.

Could it be my PC? is something colliding with my hardware...maybe a USB cable or USB port because i have seriously tried EVERYTHING at this point,

Anyway. I cant apologise enough for years of me constantly moaning. This is not in my head and it is not a case of just try not to hear it...i hear it constantly.

Thanks for your time guys.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well, I would post a pic of my slime green Jackson with a t-shirt if the forum would let me. :cursing:

What i did was uploaded a screenshot of my guitars straight from my phone and it uploaded without any troubles. I have no idea what that screenshot converted the original file to or what size it compressed the image to that made it possible to upload but it worked. Some strange goings on indeed buddy lol.

I saw them in early 2000 as they were the opening band for Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers in the US. They were incredible, just a wall of sound and that wailing operatic voice. I got their CD and it never really grabbed me the same was as their live stuff. And the later singles I heard didn't do much for me. But that show the same time you saw them was awesome, especially in a big arena.

I saw the show in a tiny club with barely 1000 people there it was insane! Matt Bellamy is a madman on stage haha.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Cant get enough of TesseracTs new material at the moment. Its just astonishing.

Silly amounts of money. I could think of A LOT more other things to spend a Mill on than a guitar but then again to a person who CAN afford to drop a Mill on a guitar it probably aint even that much to them.

Hey guys just a quick question. How do i connect my kemper to my DAW via USB. I have the option to use my kemper as an output device i can hear my PC and and kemper but i cant connect the kemper as an input into my DAW. The kemper USB is just not there in my input options. Im sure its a simple fix and your help is always super appreciated.

External Content youtube.com
    Since i couldnt upload a picture of my latest babygirl i will share a youtube short of her instead. My ESP E-II ECLIPSE -ET \m/

I remember i saw Muse in '99 maybe 2000 for the showbiz tour for a like £5 with a then unknown band called Coldplay...Muse were and still are to this day one of the greatest live shows ive seen they were incredible.Coldplay were dull dogsh*it even back then too lol i heard Muse are trying to go all metal recently...weird.

Crazy feedback came back again this morning. So far i've narrowed it down to it possibly being the "Instrument in" option on my interface. When choosing "Line In" on focusrite control it seems to go away.Could it be because im using XLR from kemper to TRS into interface on the Instrument setting of my interface that is creating this digital feedback ring? 🤔🤔 i will dig a little deeper after work.