Posts by AdamMassacre1981

You're not bumming anyone out and even if you would, that's not your fault but their shame. Most of us are trying to help you, please let us.

Listening to your latest samples I think there is definitely something itchy going on in your Kemper, perhaps in cabinet section. I guess you have already done all different kinds of resets, factory default settings et cetera thus far. If I were you, I would do as V8guitar suggested and send it to Kemper for factory inspection. As you have noticed, the reason for this kind of behaviour is really, really difficult to track remotely.

-Jari

Yeah done so many resets and restores. Yeah im looking into the process of sending it over to Kemper to see whats up. #fingerscrossed

So yesterday i recorded a little tester and kinda liked the tone it was cool i was digging it i didnt hear any really trouble frequencies in the signal and got rather excited. I saved the profile and all was going sweet. So it was late i had to be up for work etc etc so the the kemper was switched off and i thought nothing of it.

Woke up in the morning for a quick little tinkle before going to work and Uh-oh! the saved profile that was sounding great the night before had competely changed again. (Sample 2) I was using the same guitar the same unchanged profile everything exactly the same from the night before but the profile was completely different.

Again i had to skip the profile to the next one and back again and sample THREE is the result...totaly different and right back to the fizz situation.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    now TELL me something aint seriously wrong here.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Apologies i was cleaning up my soundcloud and accidentally deleted my recent soundcloud upload hence why the previous link states a problem. I re-uploaded it and this is the new link.

No need to remove the thread, I think. Any forum members being bummed out should just refrain from clicking it :) And I personally think you come across as patient, reasonable and willing to troubleshoot with support and forum members alike.

Thanks Michael although i think you guys have been way more patient and reasonable towards me and i cant thank you all enough for that.

removing the thread would eliminate the chance of other forum members reamping your files to help you. If you still want to send the unit in for inspection afterward we can offer you the following: You only have to cover the shipping cost and customs fees-the inspection will be free and if the service center finds a fault we will repair it under fair dealing since you originally reported the issue while the unit was still covered by warranty. To initiate that process please open a ticket in the support section of the Kemper website.

Certainly seems like the most logical best move at this point. I will look into the process and get things moving :)

So yesterday i recorded a little tester and kinda liked the tone it was cool i was digging it i didnt hear any really trouble frequencies in the signal and got rather excited. I saved the profile and all was going sweet. So it was late i had to be up for work etc etc so the the kemper was switched off and i thought nothing of it.

Woke up in the morning for a quick little tinkle before going to work and Uh-oh! the saved profile that was sounding great the night before had competely changed again. (Sample 2) I was using the same guitar the same unchanged profile everything exactly the same from the night before but the profile was completely different.

Again i had to skip the profile to the next one and back again and sample THREE is the result...totaly different and right back to the fizz situation.

now TELL me something aint seriously wrong here.

I'm not defending anyone, nor I'm attacking anyone, but not everyone of us is active musician, knows other folks that have Kempers to compare our gear, lives in bigger ciy that we can go to music store an compare. I think there are many guitar enthusiast here, that work full time job, and arranging with another Kemper side by side thing is a challenge.

In this particular case, in the recording posted at Look how awesome Kemper users are. I can hear obvious fizz/hiss, which is not anything that can be rectified by EQ.

I hope OP sorts it out. And I didn't read this post as "Help, my possibly defective guitar processor has been keeping me up at night for 5+ years...."

👊😉

This! 👊😊 Thanks brother.

Thanks! i will certainly give this a shot.

What's strange to me is how do you let this problem live for 5 years and this thread go for 8 pages long? The problem isn't your 6 guitars. I'd have swiftly done a factory reset and gone to a friend or a music store with another KPA to compare side by side the sound of a factory profile so you know whether or not the problem is your hardware.

I don't mean this personally, there just seems to be so many curious threads here on the theme "Help, my possibly defective guitar processor has been keeping me up at night for 5+ years but since I'm not sure, I need more opinions to know if I should keep putting up with my dissatisfaction or not".

Anyway, hope you sort it out!

To be short i have a very small window of opportunity to actually sit down with my kemper due to full time job and general life etc im sure alot of people can relate to that and that little window i do have i have spent reading through insane amounts of forums seeking advice and buying so many new this new that replacing that adding this removing those replacing another one a those alterinng my entire studio around "oh its just the irs buy some really good irs" Yurrp did all that and all THE testing with all these alterations takes time for that little window i mentioned. Yes its been a long journey for me and since all of these alterations became a huge financial investment i couldnt just bin off the kemper so im still here determined to get a positive resolve.

Its not like i LET this problem stretch this far or wanted it to im a pretty cool positive dude.

I cant thank the kemper community enough for sticking by me this whole time i know its annoying to be "that guy" trust me i dont want to be.

I must have done at least a thousand factory resets lol

i still believe i will get there then we can all have a forum party and virtual beers on me.

But I already helped with this exercise here:

AdamMassacre1981 I reamped your DI sample with the profile, and sent you the result. Identical to my ears. What's the reason there's still this thinking that your unit it faulty ?

i think at this point my brain so damn fried i dont even know what im listening to anymore and trying to keep up with what is being posted is scrambling my head. I think i just need to take a breather for a moment

frankly speaking, I find this quote a bit offensive as it seems to imply that our service center would lie to you about the state of your unit instead of simply offering to repair any fault they might find.

Sincere apologies for any offence that was not what was intended when i said that nor what i meant at all. My fear is spending more money which i simply dont have at the moment to find out there is genuinly nothing wrong and its something else which puts me right back to square one and even more skint and confused.

#stressed

I will look into an estimate of what it will cost and look further into figuring something out on how to get it to you.

👊

For a valid comparison, you need to use the exact same DI recording for reamping and have the exact same backup restored on both Profilers. Playing the same rig using different guitars played by several people on Profilers that might have different global settings introduces too many variables and is not a valid comparison.

Our reampings of the SPDIF DI tracks that you sent using the backup that you provided were identical to your original recordings. Therefore our suport team came to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong with your Profiler and that any issues you encounter must be caused by other components in your signal chain. We did send you the reamped files back for comparison and suggested that you post them in the forum to get other opinions. There is another user in this thread that did reamp one of the DI tracks that you posted with the same rig and reported that the results were identical. If reampings do not convince you, your only other options are getting hold of a second Profiler for direct comparison or sending yours to our service center for a checkup.

I used 6 completely different guitars and all 6 came back with the exact same issue even after a full factory restore.

My chain is guitar-front input-main out left xlr to balanced jack into interface Main out is set to Master mono. Even with my monitors directly plugged into the kemper this issue is there.

Im so desperate to get a resolve.

Im gonna have to send it over to you guys to have a look im just scared i will spend all that money shipping it and paying for the work just to be told theres nothing wrong and i will be stuck with it.

I just wanna enjoy my toaster is all.

how did they sound, was the stuff still there. My ears are old and not amazingly sensitive to high pitch anything. The profile you sent would have been too bright for me to use generally. BTW, that was a Charvel DK 24 on the bridge pickup which I’m led to believe is a Seymour Duncan full shred.

I couldnt hear it all...i will have another listen brb 👊

EDIT: Had another listen on my headphones and i dont hear it 😲