Posts by AdamMassacre1981

Less evident on the second example but is there...Are you using a treble booster or a bit shaper in the chain? What about Presence setting in the output menu and in the rig?

There are rigs that sounds like that, but I can always get rid of the buzz...Definition setting in the Amp block is a good one, Try reducing the distortion Sense in the input menu as well: I have a Schecter with EMG 70 and I had to go down at 2.1

Yeah its still there slightly but now i think its more just a frequency adjustment fix instead of a (probably all along) a hardware (guitar) issue that has plagued me all these years resulting in awful sounding high gain profiles. i think before the adjustment those little deadspots and slight fret buzz was making it a huge deal where as now i have pretty much removed all of those its really starting to come together.

So since doing those guitar adjustments i will now start to adjust the definition and distortion sense and see whats up.

Maybe now i can actually start dialing in tones #fingerscrossed

EDIT: No Treble Booster or Bit Shaper in the chain.

That doesn't sound right.....I don't have that buzz on any of the high gain rigs...unless I put a Fuzz on it and crank it on the high freq.

Can you do the same with a factory Rig? Change only the gain, so that we all have a common reference

Horrible aint it? ive JUST uploaded a new sample with a description on what ive done to the guitar. i can record another sample using a factory rig and do the same process. BRB.

So i went through every string individualy on every fret of one of my sevenstrings (a wonderful process said no one ever lol) and adjusted the bridge where it needed to be adjusted to remove any kind of "fizz" that could be brought on by a slight dead spot or slight fret buzz adjusting the truss rod as i went.

could i have finaly cracked it or am i just tricking my brain? lol

to me it feels great to play my guitar its setup pretty solid but now im listening for that frequency haha.

it sounds way better right?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just plucking the A string and gradually adding gain. Barely got to 11-12 oclock and it started to come in. It sounds like an intonation problem maybe truss rod adjustment or saddle adjustment because it does sound like distorted fret buzz but ive altered both to the point where its like a blummin cello and its still there.

These are brand new strings too ( a few days old) not that makes any difference at all new or old same problem.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Appreciate the input buddy ive already tried all of these suggestions.

Clean signal is flawless clean profiles are wonderful. the moment distortion/gain is introduced the problems start.

I have tried rolling back the distortion to the point where that "fizz" kinda calms but its such a drastic roll back that the metal profiles become more a slightly gritty clean tone that just aint "metal" anymore which is the main reason i purchased a kemper for.

I will record a sample doing this process.

My pickups are quite aggressive i have EMG 81'S in my six string and EMG 81-7H in my 7 strings also Seymour Duncans in my other 7 strings and ive tried different pickup height levels and bridge height levels to see if it helps but sadly not. Also truss rod adjustments to eliminate any possible fret buzz but thats never been an issue.

Different string gauge but no real change just the obvious general tone change from different gauges.

Ive also been moving my monitors around again with no result i even put ear plugs in my ears wore my wolly hat and hoody covering my head to try and mask it lol and nothing.

I will try the graphic EQ option but at this point i think im just clutching at straws and desperate for a resolve.

Be back soon with an updated sample.

Thanks buddy.

Are those glitched bits where you're isolating a tiny frequency range? Have you done this same experiment using a high gain tube amp with a mic on it?

Yes its the same problem ive always had. I was begining to think it was just my ears and it was driving me insane but i only hear this is my recordings and my tones i dont hear this is any other demonstartion of a kemper or high gain profile demos anywhere. I was starting to believe i was literally going insane so i showed this to friends and family and they too hear it. Thank GAWD im aint lost my marbles...yet lol

Not sure what's going on here..the tones sound ggod, but that cutting out gltchy thing.. Obviusly something wrong, or else at least 1 other person would have this issue.

Yeah ive said this since day one. The tones are great its the nasty 3-10k thats hanging onto the signal i cant figure out or remove and its become such a huge headache. In the sample it doesnt cut in and out on its own im purposly cutting it in and out to show the problem sound/signal.

Nah sorry guys been trying all day with HUGE drastic EQ's on the kemper AND in my DAW and i can still hear that frequency and cant shift it. I even purchased another kemper bundle yesterday to try out that of course sounded NOTHING like the demos not even close and that blummin frequency fizz was there again in ALL of the profiles in the bundle...ive had enough. Im just gonna stick with my original plan and get rid of my kemper.Probaly set fire to the damn thing and throw it in the river.

This is the final clip.

ALL of these profiles are from different sources random rig exchange profiles and commercial ones.

TELL me there aint a problem there? THAT is the ALIEN fizz glitch that has plagued EVERY distorted profile i have ever bought for my kemper AND ever used from the rig exchange.

That is NOT right NO EQ removes it...it is EMBEDDED in ALL high gain/distorted profiles.

From around 3k to 10k. When cut with EQ it is still there only muddier and it has been EQ'd so extremely the tone is completely destroyed.

Did i mention this is on ALL 6 of my guitars and in every high gain profile ive ever used.

Im out.

There you go. Your black snake DI, re-amped on my kemper:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/svpk…cksnake-my-reamp.wav?dl=0

Upon second listen I noticed that:

1. your reamp has more gain, so I added a little gain to mine so it matches.

2. You had less delay on your reamp. That I kept, so my reamp has slightly more echo I think

Otherwise, those two samples sound virtually identical to my ears, and I hope that convinces you that your Kemper is not faulty at all, thus providing closure to your problems.

Oh thats fantastic and a massive confidence boost. Thank you for this buddy :)

Also...(im so sorry guys) Im still having the issue of when i turn on the kemper the profile i used before i turned the unit off sounds totaly different to what it did before i turned it off...i then have to skip said profile to the next one in my list and then back again to the one that sounded different and then it completely changes to what it sounded like before i turned it off. Also...(this JUST happened) i turned the cab all the way up to 10 and nothing happened...the lights went up to 10 but the sound didnt change. i then rolled it back one to 9 and the whole profile changed like i stepped on a pedal.

Some weird things happening.

It happened a few days ago too i actually got a recording of what happened

you can clearly hear the change. Thats me skipping the profile and back again and the difference is huge.

You can even see the change in image of this recording.

I don’t know if you tried spdif? Also there was a thread a while ago and the poster had a similar issue which turned out to be his mains power. I actually wander round the kitchen to get different perspectives on my sound. My studio is in there too

Yeah purchased multiple SPDIF cables over the years and kinda fell for the Oh this one is gold plated and this one has blah blah lol plenty of companys out there are ready to take ya hard earned in exchange for plastic ruby's lol.

I sit at my desk with my monitors at ear level in the classic triangle position and try not to move too much as it can massivly change the tone.

Sometimes when im mixing i will step a few feet back away from my desk and neal down and move my head around like a giraffe lol to find a sweet spot to listen for frequencies i may have missed whilst sitting at my desk. Its a strange process creating stuff right? Haha.

Yeah of course you can use it.Black snake came stock with the kemper on the rig manager as did the Ola ones. I was advised to use free profiles and not commercial profiles for these reamps i guess to prevent from giving out payed profiles for free and having the artist come after me...makese sense. I have 100's of commercial Irs i need to dig through. I just recently purchased Josh Mddleton's new Ir pack i need to fire them up and see whats happening.