Posts by mollydyer

This sense of humor (if it's a joke) is too much for me too subtle for me as english is my second langage . You mean to bring the new reverb at your party last tuesday? which mean as soon as possible? No surely not... I dont get it sorry... I try very hard

Sorry- it's totally a joke, and a reference to one The Late Stephen Hawking - renowned astrophysicist made a number of years ago:

https://vinepair.com/articles/…awking-time-travel-party/

I had a similar problem with Ableton years ago. I stopped trying to figure that thing out. In those days, my Atomic Amplifire didn't support changing patches with CC (only PCs) so I started using a Cymatic uTrack 24 to handle my patch changes.

However, now that I'm a happy kemper user, I have to reprogram all of my patch changes- so I'm taking this opportunity to switch to usinc CCs instead of PCs. Using performance mode - I send CC 47 with a value of the performance number (0-124) and then send CC 50-54 for which slot I need in that performance.

This is actually MUCH better- I have my slots set up fairly consistently (ie, slot 1 is intro, slot 2 is verse, slot 3 is always solo etc) - so I don't need to think about which PC i need to send in which part of the song.

In the first bar I send #47 with the song number... then the rest of it is just setting the CCs for the appropriate slots. Easy peasy.

In fact, I just configured this NOW. First use tonight.

k- I just tried it. With my wireless plugged into the rear input, I took a line out from the direct out to my tuner pedal. Hitting the tuner on the kemper mutes the signal. So you'll need to use a volume/expression pedal instead and drop the output on the kemper if you want to mute the signal...

I didn't try the second way mind you, but just thought I'd chime in.

k- this is why I was asking if the direct out muted during tuning. If it does NOT - while the rest of the kemper still DOES, then the easy thing to do would be to put a tuner on the floor... one cable to it from the kemper direct out, then use a footswitch - even a wired one - to toggle the tuner feature or just mute the kemper.

That way, you're still (a) wireless, (b) it doesn't complicate your input path and (c) still gives you that tuning feature.

Rise Of The Ancient Thread.

(1) Linux can be real time. rtlinux for example.

(2) Even if the profiler did run linux, this doesn't mean the code that actually does any of the dsp or profiling needs to be open sourced.

(3) Since it doesn't, this point is moot.

(4) Linux previously used a O(n) ATT/BSD style scheduler up until Kernel 2.6, when it was replaced briefly with an O(1) scheduler - It was overhauled in kernel 2.6.23 and replaced with a CFS scheduler. Again, all of this is moot because of (1) and (3).

(5) Neat conversation though. I love kernel land. lol. Nerding out a bit.

Mine's in a 4U - I made a patch panel to fill the extra space with the usb ethernet, midi, main outs and monitor out. It's a full length case - so it also has rails on the back for the power u and my wireless.

Chris Duncan

We're all on the click- drummer too. It's more important for Mark (drums) to be on the click than anyone else - but from the audiences perspective - we all start at the same time, no count in. It's like we're psychic. Or Magic.

There's so much going on here- I'm planning on doing a rig walkthrough. Things like automated patch changes on the Kemper, the bass rig, the sample pad... how about this: It also automatically starts multitrack recording at the top of each set, and stops at the end? We're also going to be driving the lights when I get around to setting the movers back up in the rehearsal space.

Gotcha. Yes, we're going full direct - silent stage save for the drums actually. We ran rehearsal to our rehearsal PA the other night. (I'm coming from an atomic amplifire and haven't run a separate amp in YEARS. The catch here is that we're *probably* not going to run our full rig (IEMs etc) so that's how we rehearsed- open air. Tracking the rehearsal was a good idea- but there were no issues except for... well me. (ha ha)

The FCB1010 is the variable here, I've practiced with it myself, but not with the band. It arrived after rehearsal. Back up for that is my 2-button footswitch.

If it's the venue's regular sound guy (pretty sure it is) he's *good* - I've seen him work. A pro. The band I saw a couple of weekends back at that venue had the guitar player using a macbook as his amp - so we're okay there. Any soundman we've worked with before has had NO issues with running direct. Most prefer it, actually. I get 'teased' for the amount of automation in the full show, but we're just doing a walk-on set for charity.

We had a rehearsal last night, first with the Kemper. We track EVERYTHING and listening to the playback tonight I gotta say it sounds pretty good. I'm not done messing with the patches yet, but I'm close.

My Kemper Remote is still stuck in mail strike hell... but I was fortunate to find a FC1010 here in Canada- one province over - and it arrived today. (Hey, merci beaucoup, Marc. You're saving my ass here). Got it all programmed with a UNO rom (it came with a 1.1 Eureka and the UNO rom. Having tried both I preferred the UNO) - so I have performance, slot, tuner and tap tempo access. (with one button left over for boost, but I don't think I'll use it at the gig).

So- Kemprans - have any tips for 'first gig kemper noob' here? What - if you could turn the clock back - did you wish to know before you hit the stage for the first time with yours? What nuggets of wisdom, experience and knowledge would you pass back to yourself if you could?

School Me

:)