Posts by mollydyer

See, that's some good feedback there everyone. I ditched ALL of my pedals - even the ones I thought I'd keep to fill voids - including my wah and my talk box - because I can get the tones I need out of the Kemper.

Now there's something I've been thinking about - a synth pedal and perhaps an outboard looper - we don't have a keyboard player, but I'm not quite in need of these yet.

Patience! You don't need to need to need to need an editor.

I don't want to go off topic, but there are a lot of 'utility' type of stuff (USB/Midi communication, graphics, animations) either API based or with a good development detail can be done with a GNU/Public license getting away from all the legal mess. Of course the core stuff will never be released, but it's on a Motorola DSP and we are talking about a Windows/MAC OS application. Some of the midi implementation is already done with ToastMe.

That's really not how it works though. They would already be using an established library for ui primitives, midi, usb comms. They're not writing these things from scratch. And for their purposes, GPL could be a bad idea. (There are other open source licenses that better support corporate/for-profit development - Apache, MIT).

So that leaves, effectively, the streaming and encoding/decoding of control & configuration data to/from the Kemper over USB- and if I were they, I wouldn't want that information public.

Finally, speaking from experience- ramping up any new developers has a negative effect of productivity for at least the first two months- depending on the complexity. It's too late for that now.

Let them do their thing. They came up with this device to begin with. They're talented, and they know what they're doing.

I don't see an October deadline. I see G String telling us "it's close, be patient, we want it to be right".

I'm following this thread because I'm quite eager for the editor - among other things - but as I read some of the more critical posts it's clear to me that there are many who don't understand the SDLC and what actually goes into running a project like this.

Be patient everyone. Please.

the Stage was never previously announced. If anything could have waited, it was the Stage. Obviously internally they have their own reasons for its release, but I don't understand the logic with all the software and hardware problems that keep creeping up. It's the one thing people did not have expectations for.

Reason #1- they can sell the stage, and those sales fund the development of new features. Without products like the Stage, there would be no RM3.

I'm well aware of the fact that the payroll account gets filled by the S&M guys. Wait, that didn't come out right..

Yes it did. It came out exactly right. Admit it.

I always give *certain* companies a wide berth when it comes to feature development, especially when those features are 'free additions' to a product I already own. What I really don't want happening is a cut-rate rig manager to come out and make my experience *less* enjoyable. Personally, I'd love to have the new version out now, but TAKE AS MUCH TIME AS YOU NEED.

In the world of Business Development, Sales and Marketing - it's the developers who are wearing the rubber zipper mask. It's their fault it's late, it's their fault it's untested, it's their fault it doesn't work, and it's never their fault when they sell a million units.

Editor, well, where are you)) ???? I just play and score already on Settings))) since I’m tired of flipping manually

... google translated for the non russians.

the simple truth of software development is, that things can change at any time. The underlying issue, in many cases, is, that the more an application comes to completion, the better you can test it. In this case, the current state is, that all features have been implemented and we keep running into little things we were not able to see before. From what I've experienced over the years, this is very normal in software development.

Am a software eng. This 100% normal, 100% expected, 100% acceptable. 100% desired.

Nothing scares me more than not finding any bugs. It means your testing is flawed.

Thanks G. Keep up the good work team.

Just a naive question : would it really be expensive ? I mean ADC and DAC hardware are already in the box, there's no need for an extra one. In principle they would just have to write the bits (sound is transfered in its digital form trough USB, right?) at a sufficient speed on the USB port, no? Isn't it more something like "the USB hardware they put has some speed limitation, so it's impossible to write at the right speed" ?

ADC and DAC hardware is already in the box- but it may not be in *any* way connected to the usb. It controls the DSP, but none of the data (audio) gets anywhere near the control circuitry.

I suspect this is why program changes happen faster than the display updates - they have a different priority - and run on a different processor.

Anyway, I don't have any inside knowledge here, I'm just making guesses.

If it was easy, it would have been done already.