Posts by Hoki Toki

If you want something between Behringer and Kemper quality / price range

I can recommend Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro :thumbup: Built like a tank .....

8 switches for stomps and FX , 4 switches for rigs.

Took one long afternoon to get it up and running ( thanks to internet 8o )

Cheers !

Have you tried "Ground lift" ? ( Keep one active all the time !!!! )

Disconnect everything from KPA except headphones ( and mains of course ) and turn off any noice

gate stomps ( and noice gate in input section ) . No noice or still sound bad ? If no noice, connect guitar.

Noice or no noice? If noice appear with guitar connected, change guitar. Same? Turn off wireless mouse.

Better or same? Turn off computer ..... Better or same? Keep turning off things and listen with headphones

from KPA.

Example of gear that can cause this kind of noice : Neon light tubes, dimmers, AC, fridges, WiFi, cell phones,

iPads, smart watches, Tesla chargers, heating system, neighbours Romba, nearby power plant ..... and on and on :wacko:

Cheers !

Speaking of early shredders, have you guys heard this one from 1968, Sabre Dance.

My first vinyl 45´er back then ( my second was 24 or 6 to 4 by Chicago ( Terry Kath )

and my 3´rd was Albatross by Fleetwood Mac ( Peter Green ) ..... Memories .... :)

Dave Edmunds as a shredder ?? Why not :huh: Here we go :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers !

Absolutely right Nikos. We all have gone trough all sorts of guitarists, trying to

crack the code of licks, cords and sound and eventually chisel out something

personal from all impressions ...... Practice practice practice :wacko:

I started with Hendrix in late 60´s and "ended up" with Holdsworth as inspiration source.

( Yes, I´m old ......;( )

But what I don´t get is why so many people post copys / covers on u-tube.

The songs / solos already exist in excellent original versions 8)

If it´s a new arrangement or style, then it´s OK , but a copy .... why ? To show off ??

The goal would be to make your own music IMO ..... And "show off" you own talent.

But it´s mostly a "free" world and anybody can play and say what they want, me included 8o

Cheers !

No mate, the whole thing is played backwards. IIRC even the vocals were reversed at a phonetic level, but I could be wrong about that. If indeed they were, they wouldn't have made any sense to those who understand Japanese.

Oh , now I get it. They turned the music sheet "upside down" and recorded the song from the end to start .....

Hence no backwards sound like reversed cymbals and so on ...... My bad :wacko:

Cheers !

I thought I'd posted Unlucky Morpheus' CADAVER / REVADAC video somewhere in the forum before, but I can't find the link, so here 'tis again 'cause IMHO it's an incredible effort.

For those who don't realise whilst listening, the song is played forwards then backwards, note-for-note:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeah, I remember this video .... And I think there was a live video as well (?)

As for the "forward & backward", only the video is reversed, not the audio / music ..... Or ? :/

Cheers !

Classic album :thumbup: Lee Sklar bass , Tommy Bolin guitar , Jan Hammer keys ......

Billys intense drumming on opening track almost melts the vinyl it´s engraved too =O

External Content www.youtube.com

Cheers !

Is it he who does all those lame movie tracks too? If so I'm a guilty hater. :D

Well , as him being a talented musician that to many mainstream people did not "understand",

he, as well as all humans, had to put food on his table and pay bills. Therefore those cheesy Miami Vice gigs .....

And he is not the only one that "downgraded" their talent to try to get "famous and accepted" by the masses

and earn some money ..... Sad but true ..........

IMO he was at his peak in the 70´s

Cheers !