Posts by mwk323

I have an unpowered toaster to which I've added a Ritter SHP (stereo high-power) that fits right in the back cavity of the toaster. I'm running that stereo into a 3rd Power 2x12 cab that I've loaded with Kemper Kones. I use MBritt profiles almost exclusively. I've bought others from various folks, but Michael's profiles just work great for me. I rarely use the imprints with the Kones as his cabinet/speaker/mic setup sounds great. This set up scratches that "amp in the room" itch for me, and it's very easy to deal with.

My #1 request: Run Kones and imprints on main outs to keep monitor outs free for stereo loop

I posted this in Feature Requests thread some time back here: Speaker imprints available on Main Outs

When playing at home, I like to monitor in stereo through my 2x12 cab with Kemper Kones. That's great, but then there's no loop available for pedals on my Toaster since the send is used by the stereo monitor out -- and that is a real problem. For this reason, I would love to see an option to run the Kones/imprints on the main outs. Disabling the imprints on the monitor our would be OK then. To be clear, I run gain pedals into the toaster input, but I need a loop for time domain pedals after the amp block.

The *ideal* would be the ability to run Kone/imprints on the 1/4" outs (so that they could feed the power amp for the 2x12) and have the XLR main outs run with the regular cab profile for FOH. However, I assume that the 1/4" and XLRs must carry the same signal because of physical wiring within the profiler.

I posted this in response to another thread on Feature Requests several months ago, but I thought it might garner some more attention here. I'd love it if Kemper would consider it for an update in the near future. It seems like it should be possible. This limitation is really holding my rig back ;) Please show some love and get it on Kemper's radar!

Original post:

When playing at home, I like to monitor in stereo through my 2x12 cab with Kemper Kones. That's great, but then there's no stereo loop available for pedals on my Toaster since the send is used by the stereo monitor out -- and that is a real problem. For this reason, I would love to see an option to run the Kones/imprints on the main outs and use them for monitoring (not FOH). Disabling the imprints on the monitor out would be OK then. To be clear, I run gain pedals into the toaster input, but I need a loop for time domain pedals after the amp block.

The *ideal* would be the ability to run Kone/imprints on the 1/4" outs (so that they could feed the power amp for the 2x12) and have the XLR main outs run with the regular cab profile for FOH. However, I assume that the 1/4" and XLRs must carry the same signal because they're physically connected.

And, if there's a way to do what I want that I've been too thick to see, please set me straight!

When playing at home, I like to monitor in stereo through my 2x12 cab with Kemper Kones. That's great, but then there's no loop available for pedals on my Toaster since the send is used by the stereo monitor out -- and that is a real problem. For this reason, I would love to see an option to run the Kones/imprints on the main outs. Disabling the imprints on the monitor our would be OK then. To be clear, I run gain pedals into the toaster input, but I need a loop for time domain pedals after the amp block.

The *ideal* would be the ability to run Kone/imprints on the 1/4" outs (so that they could feed the power amp for the 2x12) and have the XLR main outs run with the regular cab profile for FOH. However, I assume that the 1/4" and XLRs must carry the same signal because of physical wiring within the profiler.