Posts by CaryMiller

Hi,

My name is Cary Miller.

I am (somewhat) known for my lengthy posts on Gearslutz as "Hearcomesyourman".

I'm a professional audio engineer who was mentored by Shelly Yakus (Mixing Engineer for John Lennon's Imagine, among a slew of other classic rock albums).

I recently bought a Kemper to archive my tube amps (and to probably let most, or even all of them go).

I really love the sound of it, though today I'm having a bit of a technical issue I wasn't having last night (so I'm looking for the right subforum to ask for a bit of help).

I'm using a Prism Sound Titan Via PCIE to Pro Tools "Ultimate" (It's just HD Native with a fancy new name) and a Creation Audio Labs MW1 studio tool as a light clean boost to help with gain-staging low volumes on my smaller amps and anything that's staying at 16 OHMS for modeling.

I'm also going to be using a pair of Tone King Ironman II Attenuators for anything in 8 OHMS (so I can crank the gain on my PLEXI for example, but keep the volumes low via a reactive load).

The Tone Kings aren't currently in chain (and weren't last night), so I know they aren't the culprit...but I'm experiencing weird and constant digital clicks/pops when I plug in my MW1 Studio Tool (the output of which is patched to the front input on the Kemper, same as last night during my first profiling session).

Been going through each step in the chain...seems to be the MW1, which is mostly a passive circuit, also it's ground lifts aren't helping.

My other worry is maybe there's something defective about the front input?

I'm using Mogami Platinum instrument cables, and I have spares...swapping them out didn't help.

I was seriously impressed last night...and now I'm seriously depressed, would love it if someone can help?

Also I updated the Firmware last night BEFORE I started my session which went flawless...would that have something to do with it?

- Cary Miller