Posts by Ganglu

I still fiddle with my Kemper a bit, but that's just because I keep exploring more amps and trying different amp profiles with different cab combinations. The cool thing is it's intuitive enough to get started really quick and get your tone without a ton of fiddling. I remember spending hours on a triple recto and just about losing my mind before I finally got something I wanted. Also, just played my third show and got so many compliments including the sound guy, who never went direct with a guitar cab. pretty much zero'd out the EQ and gave it volume.

Just saw this band a few weeks ago. Both guitarists shred and the whole band just kills it live. Reminds me a bit of Ozzy Bark At The Moon era.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kinda mixed bag of stuff lately

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The Alto in HW's video is the only non-guitar specific speaker in the shootout. Too much bass? Yep....but it doesn't fall on its' face next to the Mission Engineering. The Mission sounds better, period. But for nearly 5 times the cost?

Would be nice to hear the Headrush version in this.

Not sure if this helps, but it's a shootout between the Friedman and the Headrush.

Depends on what you're looking for. I just got the Headrush FR112 and really happy with it. There are a ton of FRFR shootout videos and the Headrush was a little more brittle than most, especially the Friedman, but it's also almost one third the cost. This was my first stepping into the FRFR world, so I thought it would be best to dip the toe rather than go full bore. Since this was more for band practice and stage volume I need it to sound good, but also be loud enough for rock and metal. It was a lot louder than I even thought. Also, it sounded a lot better in person than it did on video, so I was actually happier than expected. Overall, if money was no object, I would probably go with the Mission, but that is only because of the reviews I got from other Kemper users being the only other FRFR that I heard with it. Also, Kemper is releasing active and passive cabs, so things may change soon.

Got my Kemper power rack a few months ago after mulling over several different options and can say I have no regrets. Mostly play Thrash / Death Metal, but also have played in Punk and rock n' roll bands. I've been doing a lot more studio work and wanted something that I could transport easily from the studio to the stage, and the Kemper fit the bill perfectly. For practice and live gigs I've been using a lower end Ampeg 4x12 with crappy speakers for my stage volume and obviously going direct to board for FOH sound. Also, use the cab for practice and for the most part it works great. I found that with the cheap speakers and cab sim on I get a good overall sound. Only issue is that the cab is so unidirectional that unless you're right in front of it, it sounds distant and I have to really crank it. Previously, I tried my other cab, a Marshall 1960a 4x12 and with cab sim off or on I wasn't able to dial in my sound.

So, I decided to get a Headrush 12" FRFR as monitor for the drummer and me. Thought was since this is more for practice I didn't need Also, figured it would fill the room a little more. My thought was powered out into my 4x12 and monitor out to the powered FRFR. I just got the Headrush yesterday and pretty happy with it so far. I tested it out at home and got it up to 4 before things were shaking and falling off my shelves. Next week I'll be able to try it out at practice and I'm pretty sure it'll work as planned.

Anyways, just wanted to say "Hi" and look forward to sharing info and stuff.