Posts by illphil215

The issue I am having is whenever I plug my Kemper directly into my audio interface, PA system, etc. I get this weird sparatic hiss coming through. It doesn't happen all of the time which is the confusing part. I have tried multiple guitars and the same issue happens with all of them. Ive tried different cables and different speakers and every so often I hear it coming through the speakers. It almost sounds like if you have a "demo" profile that they didn't want you to use as a full profile so they add in a hiss every so often (lol just trying to help explain the issue). I am also a Kemper n00b so feel free to rip me apart for something stupid, which I really hope this is. I have a bunch of shows coming up and I was relying on this beast to get me rocking'. Thanks in advance! I really appreciate any insight.

Hello!

Just purchased a Kemper and I am loving it so much! Been mostly playing it out of my guitar cab but today I wanted to connect to my interface (Mbox mini) and start tracking with Pro Tools. I sadly do not have a S/PDIF connection on the interface but was wondering what connection is best? Should I use XLR -> XLR or 1/4 -> 1/4 between the Kemper and the interface? I was reading about people using XLR -> 1/4 but I wasn't sure about the details on that and I don't have any of those handy. I have been using a speaker cable to connect to my guitar cab and it sounds great but after being confused about plugging into my interface I felt safer reaching out to ask before doing any harm.

Thanks!