Posts by StefanErtle

Well I love my Kemper but still struggling to find a tone that matches all. Although it is obvious to me that it is for metal nearly impossible if not having a backuptrack of your recordings.
    Anyway I came closer with a free TMS Profile that works great for rehearsal/live and for some songs. However for recordings I still use Metal Profiles of Josh Middleton. Currently only two of 150 working on my recordings (due to masking and gain structure).
    Live you cannot hear „anything“ - kind of crazy. Therefore I use different profiles and still found out that even every song needs a slightly different profile to work. Though not yet figured out why.

If anyone has any idea how to get that one tone I would be pleased to know as there is also the aspect of gain (live sound less gain, recording massive gain or double tracking)... and I also use the 880 which is difficult to translate with.

Maybe I am wrong but u still have to decide what effects or other parameters from what preset to lock right? For me a flexible lock would make sense but then u have to decide what to lock upfront. When just locking the effect status maybe it would also be a great option to have the delay on but with the delay assigned to the rig within the performance. So many possibilities.

When I am in „Browse Mode“ and press the up or down key the display shows up the name of the author of the rigs coming up or ended. Do not exactly remember. Randomly one of the authors are skipped. Just the same as with performances. Yes rather a sorting than a filter feature.
    I am having the latest revisions of OS (8.0.2.) and RM (3.0.145).
    There is no difference having the KPA connected to my Computer or not. What I perceive is that the KPA has a small delay when skipping.
    Anyway I am having rehearsal today and will check the reset function. I let u all know if it will then disappear.

Mine either. Short hits. That is the cause of me mainly using the type wheel in Performance Mode. No such issues when browsing through rigs in browse mode. Only when „filtering“ authors in browse mode or trying to move one performance up or down. Just randomly and not attached to a particular performance. Maybe I reset to factory settings as well. Maybe this is the key?!

Same with me. Known issue and not yet solved. Have the latest update but still does it randomly. Only with the up and down arrows/keys. With the type wheel no problem.
    Additionally the same issue is with the keys when filtering in browse mode eg for an author.

Dear Kempers.

Sometimes when I want to scroll through performances with the type button I am selecting another profile by coincidence with the browse knob. I do not know how I can undo this choice due to the fact that the “deleted” rig in the performance cannot be reselected as it is only stored within the performance.
    Yet the only possibility for me is to turn of the KPA. Not so efficient.

Thnx four your help.

Dear Burkhard, I know this feature but at least to me it still is difficult to read. Maybe it is an improvement to add another view or an option to define views. E.g. if only three effects are assigned to an effect button why not only show these? If it is two it is two and if it is four it is four. I would be happy.

Yes, currently it is not possible. I think therefore we r in the „feature request“ subforum. I meant that I think that this can only be done with the CPU of a computer. Therefore this possibility should be added to the rig manager. It would be unnecessarily difficult with the Kemper...

Morphing continuous parameters within effects via Morph Pedal or Rig Buttons is logically completely independent from switching the effects on/off via the Effect Buttons. In any position of the Morph controller (heel, toe or in between) you can switch on/off any effect module. And regardless of it's on/off state you can morph the continmuous paramaters within an effect module at any time.

As I understand your need, it's too seperate for you. You don't like the fact, that while Mix of an effect is morphed to 0% you can switch on the effect, but still don't hear it as the effect module is now on with 0% Mix.

Or did I misunderstand?

Dear Burkhard,

sorry did not see your reply as I was already answering to ckemper.

Well yes the 0% issue seems to be my main case.
    I normally do not use many effects and my sounds generally are very dry. Therefore regarding morphing all mixes of the effects are set to zero. Once I press morphing the mixes rise to my liking. So in my case an independent/dependent use of the effects that are combined with morphing would be great.

So I would be able to set up two different settings for one effect that can be changed by a single-effect-morphing feature. So maybe the description is not that precise. I think in another thread one was naming this „morph groups“. Maybe this is more precise to you?

In my personal scenario the only necessity is the possibility to assign the effect switch to the mix level. If the effect is already being used by morphing. That would make me happy. The more sophisticated stuff (change between morphing of several effects and single-effect morphing) is maybe a too big change.

So I fully understand that you want to keep a certain logic to your product. I just wanted to put in my personal view of how I use and would like to use the profiler. If you would change this it would be great for me if you do not I am sure I might find a workaround for myself (which maybe is not one for others).

So all fine by me.

Thanks for the reply.

It took a while until I realized the „greatness“ of morphing. In the past I only used effects separately which is great though.

I personally do not use different amps or dozens of performances. I have one performance that fits all needs.
    But: Now as I have assigned many effect slots to morphing I cannot use them with my remote anymore. But there are times when I need a certain eg. modulation or delay effect I already assigned for an intro or outro by morphing and setting up another similar performance without morphing is not made for me.

So I would be happy if I still could use that modulation or delay effect by pressing one of the effect switches of the remote.

Currently I can only deactivate or activate that effect with this switch which leads to the result that morphing can take place with one effect less (eg. increase in reverb and volume, decrease of gain, no effect of the modulation or delay as being already switched off).

In the future it should be possible to activate effects assigned to morphing individually.
    For example this could be done by toggling between the mix parameters set forth in morphing (eg. 0% at base state and 75% mix at morphed state). So if an effect is assigned to morphing the effect button assigned to a certain effect should not activate or deactivate an effect rather toggle between the mix parameters.

A further improvement could be that it is possible to activate such effects individually in the base state as well as the morphed state. So one could use two different states of a dedicated effect (different feedback, different modulation).

I personally use the tab switch for morphing. Maybe this switch (or the tuner or looper switch) could also be used to alternate between the morph option and the effect option.
    if morph option is chosen (in my case) the tab led should be inactive and if the effect option is chosen the tab led should be active.

This could make way to more effect presets in a single rig and therefore enhances the morphing flexibility.

would be happy if you would think about it and take it to another level as you have with imprints and other great stuff.

With the effect switches of the remote u solely can toggle effects on and off - that is what I already knew.
    With morphing, effects already have to be activated in a rig. To “mute” them in base state (this means no morphing took place) u have to set the mix level of such effects to zero. To “activate” such effects with morphing u only morph the mix parameter for example.
    This means if I am setting mix eg for delay to zero in a rig I am not able to activate delay with the effect switch.

In such case it would be helpful if the effect switch assigned to delay would be able to toggle between two values of the mix level of delay (mix level delay: 0 = base state = effect of, mix level delay: 75 = morph state = effect on). Just as easy as that.

I opened another thread in the feature request as this subforum seems to be the wrong place regarding my issue.

I would like to separately use effects assigned to morphing.

Eg. when specific parameters like Delay, Reverb and Gain are attached to morphing it still should be possible to activate and use eg. Delay separately from the morph-feature.

Currently it can’t be used separately due to the circumstance that effects being morphed have to be already activated in a rig.

My feature request aims to the point that I still can morph with the assigned effects but also use these effects individually per rig.

Thnx in advance.

Thanks. I have five different sounds per performance. Therefore each of the five rigs has different sounds. I just would like to know if I can use effects assigned to morphing individually in any way. Currently I cannot use these effects independently but rather have to use an additional effect slot (if available). Maybe a feature request? Instead of toggling on and off per slot it then should be the mix parameter that is being “toggled” once assigned to morphing.