Posts by StefanErtle

Basically I agree a bit as some guitars tend to have too much input for the Kemper and therefore tend to potential clipping issues. So an additional option to reduce the input level on a global basis could be good as clean sense is for another purpose (balancing clean and high gain profiles).

Same with me. It rarely occurred since. Some weeks ago I attached a security glass (from a vendor from the UK) and now no pressure so whatever is possible occurring to the display and had no problems since then. Something I can recommend. Best regards.

Weren’t there some rumours about an adaption of the EQ-Button? Maybe this feature will be available with such update. Would like it as an global filter is not always useful.

+1

I devoutly believe Kemper is able to make it easy for all users. In the end we might all have to decide on each effect in each rig if the effect being activated by the remote will be a master lock effect or a lock per performance effect. The only thing that might keep them away is that there will be a group of people wanting only a kind of effect memory for a slot per performance and others might love to have it set all over a performance. So this could then cause problems, though I personally would put a marker in the effect slot. But that is only me.

With the Freqout you get about 5 seconds of "feedback tone", then it just cuts off suddenly in a non-musical way. They'd really want to do better than that.

I would say 5 sec is nothing for a guitarist. I often like to have a nice feedback right before a song starts or when the drummer is going to do an intro. So I can build it up…

I think using morph to ramp it up would be cool.

… I additionally would think about a pitch trigger. Let’s say everything above e2 will have endless sustain or endless feedback (with ducking to avoid spillover if too many tones) and every note below remains unaffected. So no care about morphing…

Would it work for you to use the guitar volume knob as a global fade out?

Hi Paults.

I know that there is a „magic“ volume knob that many are able to use them appropriately. Apparently I am not a volume pot user. Seems to be a personal dislike. I do not expect Kemper to put that idea on the priority list and there are many other things that should be done before that idea. But I personally would love it… as I would love to have a stutter/ automatic kill switch effect, pitch based effect triggering, separate output EQing for Kone and FOH and so forth… so rather a little feature dream.

P.S. And first of all I am thinking of buying myself a new expression pedal first. The ones I use (Mission Engineering) are best for wah but not for volume. Have to have a look what could work for me.

The tuner can mute the signal while tuning. As I do have some songs/solos where the guitar should fade out to zero volume. I would be happy if I could configure the time the volume swells to zero when pressing the tuner button. Therefore I would also have a second useful option for the button - rather effect like.

I also do have a volume pedal but I am not really able to do even/balanced swells (unfortunately the progression of pedals cannot be changed yet). Hopefully this could be done or even be useful for other Kemper-Users.

If there might be another pleasant option to do this please let me know.

Well then, here is your chance: I've asked the developers and they just replied. You can buy this unit directly for 1800 Euros in the black version. The red one is a little more. So, chances are this unit really exists and works in its own way - whatever it may be...

Basically I would not want to buy a pig in a poke. I am more than satisfied with the Kemper. As long as there are no substantial features a new toy in town delivers no need to switch. And as the look is not so much apart from my wooden Kemper Rack …

Don’t get me wrong every new toy might bring improvements to the Kemper and this is a good thing for us but why spent 1.800 for „the same“ as you could get yourself another good guitar…

What keeps me away from tube heads - although my positive reminiscences of tube sound are still present - is the additional cost for tubes, maintenance and the careful usage one has to consider. So maybe this toy is a starter for the tube guys to switch over to maybe the best of both worlds but currently not for me. So we will see how things turn out.

It still has the Kemper Layout… 4 Pre - 3 Amp - 4 Post Amp … coincidence ;O?

And the Buttons use the same LEDs as Kemper. Maybe the Floorboard has the look of the Quad Cortex and a touch screen to adjust the Analog Amp right from the front of the stage ?

Sorry cannot help myself… if Thomann sells them I am gonna try it but do not understand why and how an unknown company suddenly pops up. Additionally the Name of the company seems to be out of mind…

Good idea. I would propose to add a master mixer that could be combined with the other master functions like bass, middle, treble, high cut….and should also be attached to a master delay as well.

Basically there should be two master mixer due to the fact that I would not want my monitor out to be affected by the FOH optimum.

Hiya. Great tool. Just installed it and it works perfect with Cubase.

My only wish - if I am allowed to - would be a direct save function via usb Connection from my KPA. That means the current active rig should be stored. Why that? Generally I do not use RM at all. I change everything right at the KPAs front panel.

Do not know if this is possible at all but I would definitely pay for that.

When was the XTC-Pack released? I ordered mine in February 2019…huge difference to my pack?