Posts by stratdude

I believe Tommy uses a piezo and an on board mic blended together live fwiw. But yes, I couldn't imagine why you would record an acoustic sim, at least never in a professional setting.

It's funny as a guitarist, you lose the ability to hear music from a non musician's perspective, but it's surprising how often the average punter can hear that something doesn't sound right although they don't know why.

A real acoustic will always have a more natural ambience about it, a sim will always sound somewhat synthetic.

Can't wait to give it a try though!

That's got me thinking... I was a huge Steve Vai fan (still am) in the DLR era which was just before I started playing guitar at the age of 12, Nuno and Slash as well, but Patsy Biscoe was the reason I wanted to play guitar since I was about 3 or 4, had to pretend on a toy ukulele for a few years

I ordered 2 IcePower 250a amps with power supply that I will put inside the cabs! they will be powered cabs and Stereo :)

This is what I would be doing if I didn't have a power rack. Even if you're not comfortable with wiring it up, give it to an amp tech to do and you've got the neatest all in one solution

I've never really understood the appeal of the "amp in the room" thing if you're into modeling. We spend a lot of time and money finding the correct profiles that provide that perfect mic'd up sound that we're used to hearing on our favorite recordings. Everybody wants Eddie's tone...or Stevie's tone...or Angus' tone...or whoever you like. But those classic tones are mic'd up sounds.

Why the desire to hear something different than what the audience hears?

It's pretty obvious I would've thought, but we've all grown up playing through guitar amps, not hifi speakers, P.A. speakers or studio monitors. Playing a real guitar amp is far better sounding than any recording coming from your hifi speakers. The fact that SRV doesn't sound the same on your home stereo as if he was in the room with you is a limitation of the recording process and a desire to make recorded music radio friendly, more so than trying to make a recorded guitar sound different from an actual amp in the room, that's my thoughts anyway :)

thanks Ibot. I understand that. My point was just that even when using DAP to with a regular cab or Kone you would still need something in the cabinet block for FOH so the logic of having something in the cabinet block and locking it when testing different DAP rigs doesn’t seem at all odd to me.

Most bedrooms/practice rooms don't have a front of house (well certainly mine doesn't). I fully appreciate why it works this way but a large portion of users are using this like you'd use a regular amp - plug and play, so I can see why loading a cab you won't use and can't hear seems counter intuitive.

Having said that, you'll need a cab loaded for headphones, which I'm sure we're all using now that none of us get the house to ourselves at the moment ?‍?‍?‍?

Yes - there are 2x Kone and 4x Kone items on the webshop. Don't order the 1x and edit the quantity to get 2 or 4 as then you will not get the discount.

I can see that option on the UK site, but not for Australia. Can you see something I can't?

I think the definitive answer on how good the kones will sound with high gain/metal will be when someone drops 4 of them in to a 4x12. I've only recently split my 4x12 quad in to two 2x12's so I can switch between my JCM800 and powered Kemper. I must admit the Marshall (boosted, hi gain) dropped off in balls(? for lack of a better term) as expected with only 2 speakers. I'd be keen to hear from anyone who's dropped 4 of these in to a quad, If this gets the low end, full amp in the room for metal that a single 12" seems incapable of. I've always intended to get 4 Kones, I never assumed 1 or 2 would give the full sound I'm used to.

P.S. I can't see any option on the Oceania site for discount on multiple Kone purchases. Is multi buy discount on Kones available for Australia?

I've got to admit, that video pushed me over the edge to get a power rack too, before that video I didn't realise people were using Kempers to drive guitar cabs.

Welcome aboard, I'd definitely suggest to profile your own favourite tube amps asap, I found myself searching for the perfect amp profile from various vendors before eventually profiling my own amp and realising I liked my own profile the best (well for heavy distortion anyway). Having said that, there's some Trainwreck profiles I came across, and for those profiles alone I don't think I could live without the Kemper now.

Enjoy!

I think I might head out to some Guitars shops and actually demo some stuff with one of their Kempers in the shop, I can't stand buying something because it looks good online, and has good reviews, only to be disappointed and then have to go through the whole returns ordeal, with things like this I like to get hands on use before buying online.

I don't mean to sound preachie, but if you value the store giving you the opportunity to try their gear, the least you could do is buy it from them, most places will be keen to at least come close to online prices rather than have you walk away. Or else they simply won't exist.

Yours Sincerely

Small Business Owner / Employer

And even when I pull up my perfomance via midi pedal, the problem still exists... It is auto saving the profiles in perfomance mode...the very moment you select a new profle...

You need to select a slot in a different performance. Go to a different performance, select a slot, play it for 2 seconds to make sure you're playing in a new slot on a different performance, go back to the original performance and slot, all will be well.

Morphing is dedicated to continuous parameters and Pitch of Transpose is no continuous parameter.

If you want to Morph the pitch continuously, you can use the Pedal Pitch effect and activate MorphPedal to Pitch.

As mentioned before you can switch the Transpose effect on/off using a button or even toggle between two Transpose effects in two different modules.

The op believes the transpose in the rig menu sounds better than the transpose in the stomp menu. Personally I can't pick it. Is there any difference in the algorithm between the two or are they identical? Does one sound better or are we dreaming?