Posts by stratdude

Seriously, if you show no interest in the QC why do you feel the need to read about it? If I look up a forum for the didgeridoo, will I find your comments that you aren't interested?

Seriously, if you show no interest in the Q̶C̶ Kemper why do you feel the need to r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ post 100% only about the QC on a Kemper forum? If I look up a forum for the didgeridoo, will I f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶ y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶?̶ find you posting about the QC there too? The didgeridoo community won't stand for those kind of shenanigans

I have head some silly stuff over the years, but this right here is beyond my understanding,,,,,,like asking Leo to change the design of the telecaster,,,,,why?? well,,,,, because its, been around a while,,,wow!

Leo was insistent against having a truss rod, he figured a solid maple neck would be fine on it's own, until a guitarist suggested it needed one

Yet again I try to explain....I suspect that people don’t wanna read the whole thing. I get that. But it seems like either people don’t read the whole topic or I am very very bad at trying to explain in detail, what I mean. I do believe that I have tried :D

I do NOT mean the Kemper itself. I mean the technology behind profiling. Another company applying this way of achieving its sounds and then putting it out there to the masses for them to go crazy. Do they need this particular circuitry to run a profile achieved the Kemper way. Is that physical unit absolutely fundamental for running THIS data? I hardly believe it.

Well the Kemper's just a computer with knobs and input/output jacks really. There's no reason anyone couldn't write similar software for a computer with a keyboard and a mouse. I couldn't imagine why you or anyone would think this wouldn't be possible???

I'm all for everything requested here, selfish or otherwise, as well as anything Kemper can think up that I couldn't imagine. It took me quite a while to convince myself to buy my powered Kemper, but I'm sure I'd be first in line for Kemper 2. I'd mainly be keen on stereo poweramp, parallel amps (novelty maybe?) and parallel cabs/kones (I occasionally play through my kones and HS8's at the same time and it can sound fearsome). If there's any more magic sauce for the profiling process that would be great also ?

For this reason, we recommend that you don't use any kind of power-soaks or power-attenuators, either as a substitute for, or in addition to, the DI box and true speaker. Those devices work mostly with simple resistors, which might inhibit the desired impedance interactions, thereby resulting in an inauthentic PROFILE.

I was sure I wasn't making that up ckemper, I'm guessing it's ok to profile in this manner but I'd be correct in saying it's sub optimal?

Just got around to watching the latest Rabea video. I'd have to agree that the qc did sound better in the vid, but he's profiling with the two notes, no actual cab and no actual mic's? I'm sure I've read CK specifically advising against that, that the results will be sub optimal. Maybe he would get similar results profiling the correct way or maybe not but what is he proving by profiling an amp and a cab emulator? I know he's working in an attic but???

I too think this would be great. I remember having such options within my tc g-force. There one could put one or two points along the range 0-127 with whom I could adjust the progression of the travel like from 1-60 by moving the pedal 20% and from 61-100 with the next 40% travel and finally the last step from 101-127 with the remaining 40% of the traveling possible with the assigned expression pedal. So „taper“ was no real issue. Should not be a big deal as there is already a calibration which might be enhanced in the future.

P. S. : Maybe a result of vanished racks in the past and the pedalmania...

I recall coming from the G Force to the Kemper and wondering "why can't I do this". I also remember being able to set upper pedal limits and lower pedal limits within the G Force as well.

Once again, it's stuff that can be worked out in software. Button functions can change, the GUI can change. It's only the hardware that stays. As an example the Helix just came out with true preset spillover, meaning there is no delay at all when changing presets. Others will follow.

You would hope so, but the fact that there was such a delay bringing this to market and they still couldn't fix it? That's a big leap of faith to hope they get around to it someday.

But as it stands, it's unusable live. When will it be usable? 6 months? A year? Never?

the latest fwiw. a little nit picky for the first iteration OS but at least the things that he has seen as oversights are now public.

Seriously? Clicking / static sounds when changing scenes? I'm sorry, but for live use the Pod XT Live still wins (joking/not joking). That's just unusable

It depends whether you're in the camp that wants to hear the colouration of the cab (plywood) or whether you're trying to limit that (mdf). I'm in the process of making a couple of oversize 2x12 cabs from 18mm plywood, I think that will be a benefit for high gain. I currently have my Kones in a plywood 4x12, but I'm over 4x12 cabs

The input section is there to match your guitar and pickups to the Kemper, whatever guitar the original user was using is irrelevant to you. However, you'll probably decide to lock it the first time you load a rig with the clean sens turned up to 12 and the input and output clipping red, that's when I decided to lock it