Posts by stratdude

It is also funny to see that no other forum from fractal over line6 to the super open and social media friendly neural.. have "other gear" place in their blogs?

Neither does Kemper now it seems, we can only see the other gear forum because we're Registered Kemper users. No one else can see this thread now. It's just us

I just unticked "watch thread", I'll see if that's stops the notifications

It's not underhanded, it's just marketing, although most people in marketing focus primarily on the product they're trying to sell rather than talking down a competitors product, it leads to more longevity in the industry. He did specifically mention at the beginning of the video that he's being paid to make these videos, although he did ask viewers to skip that part of the video which YouTube compels him to add to the video.

Marketing is Rabea's livelihood, and good luck to him, I wish him no ill will. But just be aware that ALL of the QC's out in the wild at the moment are in the hands of marketers, expect the current owners to behave accordingly.

Also bear in mind that Rabea stated the purpose of the video was to compare the capture / profile process, but by the end of the video it had morphed in to which unit sounds best, and for that reason he should have attempted to create the Kemper profile to the best of his ability, rather than a rushed untweaked attempt through a load box / cab simulator. I guarantee he would have taken more care creating commercial Kemper profiles than the method he used in this video

Yea that's why he redid it.

Nothing wrong with that at all, but he didn't have to do this with the QC, even time-wise.

If he's trying to be fair and equal (which he's being paid not to be, no matter how much he protests otherwise) then he could cut the capture process off after 2 minutes and compare the results. I mean it's not fair and equal to let the qc profile for 5 minutes but cull the Kemper process after 2 minutes?

And in reality, who in any professional setting is deliberately going to use a profile that has deliberately not been optimised? Where's the value in that?

I think it's time to say not one of us has a valid opinion on the sound of QC captures as not one of us has touched, seen, heard or smelled the thing. For that reason this is the most absurd 79 page product review in history (and I just contributed to it, again... Doh!)

Seriously, if you show no interest in the QC why do you feel the need to read about it? If I look up a forum for the didgeridoo, will I find your comments that you aren't interested?

Seriously, if you show no interest in the Q̶C̶ Kemper why do you feel the need to r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ post 100% only about the QC on a Kemper forum? If I look up a forum for the didgeridoo, will I f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶ y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶?̶ find you posting about the QC there too? The didgeridoo community won't stand for those kind of shenanigans

I have head some silly stuff over the years, but this right here is beyond my understanding,,,,,,like asking Leo to change the design of the telecaster,,,,,why?? well,,,,, because its, been around a while,,,wow!

Leo was insistent against having a truss rod, he figured a solid maple neck would be fine on it's own, until a guitarist suggested it needed one

Yet again I try to explain....I suspect that people don’t wanna read the whole thing. I get that. But it seems like either people don’t read the whole topic or I am very very bad at trying to explain in detail, what I mean. I do believe that I have tried :D

I do NOT mean the Kemper itself. I mean the technology behind profiling. Another company applying this way of achieving its sounds and then putting it out there to the masses for them to go crazy. Do they need this particular circuitry to run a profile achieved the Kemper way. Is that physical unit absolutely fundamental for running THIS data? I hardly believe it.

Well the Kemper's just a computer with knobs and input/output jacks really. There's no reason anyone couldn't write similar software for a computer with a keyboard and a mouse. I couldn't imagine why you or anyone would think this wouldn't be possible???

I'm all for everything requested here, selfish or otherwise, as well as anything Kemper can think up that I couldn't imagine. It took me quite a while to convince myself to buy my powered Kemper, but I'm sure I'd be first in line for Kemper 2. I'd mainly be keen on stereo poweramp, parallel amps (novelty maybe?) and parallel cabs/kones (I occasionally play through my kones and HS8's at the same time and it can sound fearsome). If there's any more magic sauce for the profiling process that would be great also ?

For this reason, we recommend that you don't use any kind of power-soaks or power-attenuators, either as a substitute for, or in addition to, the DI box and true speaker. Those devices work mostly with simple resistors, which might inhibit the desired impedance interactions, thereby resulting in an inauthentic PROFILE.

I was sure I wasn't making that up ckemper, I'm guessing it's ok to profile in this manner but I'd be correct in saying it's sub optimal?

Just got around to watching the latest Rabea video. I'd have to agree that the qc did sound better in the vid, but he's profiling with the two notes, no actual cab and no actual mic's? I'm sure I've read CK specifically advising against that, that the results will be sub optimal. Maybe he would get similar results profiling the correct way or maybe not but what is he proving by profiling an amp and a cab emulator? I know he's working in an attic but???

I too think this would be great. I remember having such options within my tc g-force. There one could put one or two points along the range 0-127 with whom I could adjust the progression of the travel like from 1-60 by moving the pedal 20% and from 61-100 with the next 40% travel and finally the last step from 101-127 with the remaining 40% of the traveling possible with the assigned expression pedal. So „taper“ was no real issue. Should not be a big deal as there is already a calibration which might be enhanced in the future.

P. S. : Maybe a result of vanished racks in the past and the pedalmania...

I recall coming from the G Force to the Kemper and wondering "why can't I do this". I also remember being able to set upper pedal limits and lower pedal limits within the G Force as well.