Posts by Chris Duncan

We made a quick clip of Profile #1, classic rock tone.

Good stuff! \m/

Yeah, this is exactly what I'm enjoying - getting fully baked sounds with whatever pedals up front included in the sound. I know there's a lot of territory to explore in the Kemper effects, but it's great to be able to just grab a profile and instantly have the final tone you were looking for.

What did you mic it with?

That editor looks great. Polished and well thought out.

Yeah, I'm going to stick with drooling over the editor. All this talk of speaker stuff is to complicated for my simple little mind. A mouse button, now that I can wiggle. :)

Weird that they left in that footage after bring asked to cut.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Serious deduction of style points (I notice they had time to edit in the commercials).

Georg seems like a good guy, and was obviously trying very hard to be as accurate as possible and not misrepresent anything.

There is effectively no chance of a single speaker rated at 600w.

Don't be silly. Supporting a 600w amp is easy, and pretty much every speaker out there is capable of doing it.

It does require some rather complex technical tweaking though, so it may not be for everyone. You have to use the volume knob. :)

Though I have no need for the Kemper cabinet, Ive decided I'm going to buy one.

Just because Kemper has given me more value from my initial purchase than any other piece of gear I have ever owned...and for the first time in my life, I feel like I need to give something back to a company.

I feel the same way. Love their business model and the longevity of the Kemper. I'll probably buy a standalone speaker and stick it in one of my single 12 cabs that currently has a V30.

Do I need it? Absolutely not. But you can never have too many toys, and this way I can justify my GAS by saying that I'm just supporting my friendly neighborhood amp company. ^^

Thanks for all the ideas, guys!

Maybe a TV tray/table would work?

That seems like the most likely approach. The trick is finding the smallest footprint.

Not for pedal steel it isn't...

That's a fair point. :)

I’ve used this arrangement on about 20 gigs, with the DXR10 standing on a chair

Very ingenious!

My friend has just bought a toaster and bought a flight case for it to protect it...

Normally I prefer rack mount gear, but when I changed cars that went out the window. The back space in a C5 was big enough for a four space rack and one 12 cab plus guitars. The C7 is much, much smaller, which was the beginning of the journey that lead to the Kemper because I couldn't fit rack + speaker.

Above and beyond how great it is as a guitar amp, the powered toaster would actually fit alongside the one 12 cab. Then I went with the DXR-10, which is smaller still, so it all fits. I think there's enough room to fit a stand for the Kemper as well, but a tape measure will almost certainly be involved.

I went toaster rather than my typical preference of rack because these days my car has very limited space and the rack / speaker combo simply wouldn't fit. So, I went with a toaster and DXR-10. Fits great, sounds great.

However, I'm currently shopping for a new band and when I show up, I set the Yamaha as a wedge monitor and end up just putting the Kemper on the floor. Nothing wrong with that I suppose as I have the remote, but even at the back of the room it still makes me twitch, like someone's going to step on it or something (most likely me, of course).

What kind of setup do you toaster heads use?

Hi Chris,

I am pretty sure the Kemper Kone function will only be available on the KPA's Monitor Output jack...at least in the standard "default" state. So, the Master Outputs will still carry the full Studio/Merged profile with Kemper Cabs enabled, to the FOH,

Yeah, that makes sense, thanks.

I think it is much more likely that Kemper will apply the same philosophy to the FX stomps that they have already used with the delays and reverbs.

That makes a lot of sense to me. I'm certainly no pedal guru (hey, I'm a software guy - hardware is down the hall), but that's my perception as well. A handful of basic / classic pedals out there, i.e. hardware "engines" that people then tweak. I'd much rather have a highly capable engine than be locked into exactly X pedals, and only X pedals, because they're trying to do precise stomp box emulation.

Of course, even though I have the remote, which is a very nice, custom tailored solution, I rarely use the stomp box switches and prefer to have a profile that's the complete sound I want. So my current favorite OD stomp box is actually a complete Friedman that was profiled with a Klon in front of it. If I want to lose the Klon, I just pick a different profile.

Press button. Play guitar. Naturally, that approach doesn't work for everyone, but I'm a very simple creature. :)

they always deliver and they get it right. Still maintaine that The KPA is my best ever gear purchase, the guys just keep on giving free incredible updates, but you need patience.

Yeah, I haven't been around very long but I heartily agree. The patience is worth it when you look at the quality of their offerings.