Posts by PearlBlack

Thank you for your responses. In the big picture, my problem with adding a Transpose -1 effect on an acoustic is not a big deal.

What is a big deal is my Rig Mgr not seeing my Profiler... a problem I have had for weeks now. It has made me rethink my $2700 investment in the Profiler and Kemper Powered Kabinet...:whistling:

I have the same issues you have:

The transpose function does not work as intended. I can hear the transposed note and the original. But in my case with a Strat, a PRS, a Tele... which means is not the guitar. No parallel path engaged. SPDIF Output set to Master Stereo. The same via the Rig controls as via the Transpose effect. Reset Init Globals had no effects over this. Os Version: Release 8.7.15.42312.

The Rig Manager can not found a Profiler message in my case only appears when the computer (a PC) has recovered from suspension mode. My workaround is simply unplug and plug the usb connector. Hope this helps.

Yes, yes, all of you are right but....

The tone I hear when i run the Kemper through a PA, or through a FRFR or studio monitors is quite different than the tone coming from the Kones, let's say more "amp in the room" or "less miced", right?

So I can understand that someone wants to record that sound, in fact I myself would like, just as I can understand that someone is surprised not being able to record/amplify their investment in Kemper Kabinets.

Well, I have tried. I have put the mic in various positions and distances and the results were not good at all. Much better recording direct by SPDIF or analog. Seeing that, I haven't even tried to mic the Kone to PA.

Something I was struggling with when I got the Kone was the harshiness that some imprints have, at least to my ears, so i began to set the High Cut around 7000Hz specially on V30 and Greenback imprints. Although that kind of tone was useful for some things, it was too much compressed in general. Currently I use the Celestion G12-100 imprint which is the less harsh to my taste without any frecuency cut. And for fenderish cleans I am quite satisfied with the Jensen P12Q.

And excuse me if the following is a bit off topic: the FRFR mode. To me, it sounds as if there are a lot of hysterical chickens. Totally unuseful, to be polite. I'd rather not use the Kone to use it in FRFR mode.

But, as always when we talk about tone, it is something too much subjective to speak absolutely. You know... if it works for you...

My two subjective cents:

What I realized testing all those Rabea's Victory profiles is they get better played through a Kemper Kone, but despite of that I agree with the OP, they're a bit dissapointing played through monitors or headphones, dull and dark.

I think is not easy to find good Victory profiles. I don't know if there's any problem profiling these amps and make justice to their excellent sound. The ReampZone's VX100 version is not pleasant to my ears either, too much harshness.

The most organic profiles i have found are the TAF ones, specially the driven V30's, but you have to like the "TAF sound". If you're looking for a more "in your face" type of sound like the MBritt's 2020 pack, then maybe TAF is not for you.

Anyway, stay healthy all of you guys. That's the real victory. :thumbup:

I know, that has been my home solution, not the solution. Even so, I would like to share it here in case it helps someone.

Before the Kone appearance I used to plug the Kemper's monitor out to the return of a Fender Mustang GT100. Not bad, as the GT100 mounts a Celestion G12-FSD speaker, which is a special designed speaker for this modeler amp, with a quite flat response. And it has an IcePower AS100 power amp module inside, which is a 100w 4ohm class D mono amplifier. And it made me happy, no extra money and it sounds quite well.

And then came the Kone, so to take full advantage of the Kemper's DSP imprints, what I did was to buy a Kone and change speakers. But before, I tested the G12-FSD with the new imprints and surprisingly that sounded quite good. Yes, not as good as the Kone, but enough good to thinking on mount the FSD on another cab and run the Kone and the FSD in series. And voilà, it made me sooooo happy again.

Because of it is a combo and does not have any external speaker connector, in order to make the proper connections I had to take out the wiring of the Mustang to two female jack connectors and do the same with the speaker wiring in the other cab, that actually is also and old combo. That is where the fun started:

Once the external connectors were assembled and soldered, I used a Palmer Cab Merger to connect them in series (two 4 ohm speakers in series = 8 ohm, no problem with the 4 ohm Ice Power amp).

In this way, what I have achieved is being able to choose between the Kone, the G12-FSD or both at the same time easily. And more happiness in the room, of course :).

Stay healthy all of you guys :thumbup:

1) You can't disable the reverb while editing it by tapping it's button (which you can do for any other stomp).

Same problem here. You only can disable the reverb tapping its button when the focus are not on the reverb module.
    Well, not bad for a Sunday beta, is not it? Hope next will be "the refinitive"

I'm so conflicted. "These berries are delicious, but they're known to cause limb paralysis."

Ok, ok. I have to admit that my first impression was a little dissapointing, but it is a beta version. And as everybody here know, beta versions may cause button/switch/rig manager paralysis. (:P)

So far we have:

- Time and Mix buttons do not working.

- We have to use the ON/OFF button to activate/deactivate the reverb module.
    - We have to allow Rig Manager to install beta releases in the preferences menu in order to work properly with 5.7 OS.

but...

these reverbs are to die for!!!:love: