Posts by vtgearhead

After playing with the BAM200 for a few hours yesterday it seems like a good, low cost option for running a non-powered Profiler through passive speakers. When set flat per my previous post it sounds identical to a Seymour Duncan PS170. For extra credit, the folks at TC (Behringer) should offer a BAM200 variant tailored for modeler amplification: Tone stack modified to be flat at 12 o'clock, lower input gain (for nominal -10 dbu levels) and single gain control.

Yes, I wish Kemper would implement a routing scheme that reproduced post effects through Kone as a separate flat, full-range signal path. This is already done for external source playback, so should be quite possible.

I just picked up a BAM200 locally at a good price and spent some time measuring frequency response with REW. As I suspected, it is quite far from flat with all controls at 12 o'clock. After a bit of trial and error, I found a setting that's about as close to flat as possible. See graphs below.

woohoo .. finally ordered my Kabinet and wil get it tomorrow. major big up to the Kemper team who managed to get my order in just this morning and ship it out just a couple hours later so it arrives tomorrow to another country where i'm currently stayin for a couple of weeks. Kemper peeps are awesome !!!

can't wait to try it out :P

I really wanted a Kabinet, but they were out of stock everywhere in the US. Kemper America never responded to my inquiry about lead time and Sweetwater couldn't even give me a guess as to when they'd be available. I'm happy with the Seismic cabinet sound-wise, but it is larger and heavier than the Kabinet.

Finally had a chance to use my Kone (in Seismic cabinet) at practice. I'm very impressed. After a few years of using FRFR systems, I'm thinking this may work out a lot better. The Jensen P12R, in particular, is just brilliant when used with '59 Twin based profiles. Much more "present" and balanced than my Atomic CLR. Not planning to get rid of the CLR at any point in the near future - it has its uses.

Kabinet was not available in the US so I picked up a Seismic 1x12V cabinet and stuck a Kone in it. Using a PS-170 to drive it and so far I'm very impressed. Seems to work well with the rigs I tend towards. Hopefully will get a chance to use at practice later this week and see how it holds up with a drummer and bass player.

i did the update and my kemper stage acts weird now, when i change a rig the effects go with the rig, also when i change an effect on a rig it changes it in all rigs

some major bug i guess. tried to restore with a backup from beginning of this month but still the same. tries do downgrade the update but the previous is no longer on the download list, not even on the older software list

Aha. Then it's not my imagination! I've had some very odd things going on since the latest non-Beta update on my rack. What you describe is one of them. Also seeing random freeze and reboot of the floor controller and changes in a NON-LOCKED effect block for one performance slot affecting other slots.

Would someone who owns a BAM200 be willing to remove the top and take a clear photo of the internals? I cannot get a response from TC Electronics' web site, so no possibility of asking them for details at the moment.

Were you using the flat settings on the Power Station? That seems to yield more uniform results for me.

I was looking at the BAM200 but it doesn't seem to do much more than my EHX 44 Magnum... and TC Electronic company are NOT very customer friendly... so I think I'll be avoiding them.I'm sure another ICE based unit will be coming along geared more specifically to profilers/modelers... at least that's what I'm holding out for.

Does the BAM200 use an IcePower module? If so, there will be a clear point where a pair of loop jacks can be wired in.

Just wanted to say thanks to Yoda Guitar! This worked perfectly for my mid 2009 Macbook Pro 13 " :)

Just carefully read known issues before starting to see if your computer is suitable and follow the video step by step.

Indeed. Happily running Mojave on a 2008 Mac Pro 3,1.