Posts by Ruefus

I disagree, Eventually there will be a new model with more features. Just a fact of life with audio gear. A 2.0 will surely have higher resolution and have even more realistic profiles. It will certainly have power for more effects to be used simultaneously. I would also assume it would have more outputs and flexibility and I would have both separate mono and stereo effect loops at the same time. That said, all the updates over the years I have been very thankful for and have made the Kemper a fantastic investment and tool for both live and studio use.

Christoph Kemper has said - repeatedly - that he’s taken the profiling process as far as he can. He’s been saying that for at least 6 years. Maybe he figures something out….but the Profiling process is hand coded and integral to the chip it runs on. Something CK has said before.

Updating that would likely mean a complete reengineering of the process to run on a different chip. Personally, I don’t see an inventor sitting down to generate marginal (if any) gains on a problem he solved 13+ years ago.

If you look at Kemper’s track record, their major releases are things like the Profiler, the Kone, the concepts of Kemper Drive and Fuzz. Liquid Profiles were announced in 2011…it took this long to figure out how to go about it.

More outputs, effects and loops isn’t a 2.0.

One thing to realize is that this question makes the rounds here at least a few times a year.

The idea of a Kemper "2.0" has been thrown around, asked about and 'foretold' pretty much since the Profiler was released in 2011.

To me, the only way that would happen is if Kemper found a breakthrough equal to the invention of profiling. Something truly groundbreaking that no one else has done and that current hardware can't run. Releasing a new unit with a few bells and whistles added to the existing tech is....pretty much the next OS release.

Don’t confuse full-range with FRFR - which is full range, flat response. They aren’t the same thing.

It looks like a regular, single cone speaker, but it isn’t.

The Kone has a regular speaker and a second, smaller speaker (called a whizzer cone), arranged concentrically.

You can’t close-mic it - per Kemper. If you do, you will have a potential imbalance between the low and high frequencies and probably some artifacts in range where the whizzer kicks in.

Frequency response is 50-10,000.

I kind of get what you're saying, but don't see how it would work well at all.

Is the EQ a studio, graphic or just BMTP? The cabinet associated with the profile has a huge impact on what you hear as well. I feel you're better off finding a type of amp sound you want (Fender, Vox, Marshall, Orange, Mesa, etc) and finding something you like.

Might be a good idea to put painters tape (masking tape) on top of the pickups, wipe it after it's done, and then place masking tape on top of the first layer before removing, sealing in any loose fragments of steel wool (to prevent it getting into the pickups due to the magnets). But I have no idea if that is at all relevant when just sanding the neck (much more relevant when polishing frets, surely)

Yeah....I've used it on my frets for years now. I use a stainless fret guard to keep the fingerboard covered. A towel draped over the pickups works well, too.

I have a Italia Maranello Speedster with a wonderful Blue Sparkle finish - also on the back of the neck.
    Since it is part of the overall color scheme, removal of that finish wasn't an option, but I didn't really care about how it felt.

I used on it what I use on all my guitar's necks from time to time: 0000 (4!) steel wool.
    It is so fine that it doesn't really remove any material it is really just a surface conditioner, all that comes off is very fine dust (wear a mask),
    and it makes necks feel like super clean, polished glass. Very smooth without any stickyness.

I use quad ought (#0000) steel wool for all sorts of stuff, but never on a neck.

I'll have to give that a shot.

You suggested the Sol might work. It won’t.

If you were already aware of that fact, why ask?

You can’t have a ground loop with a battery and if the power supply is grounded you should be fine.

At the same time - you won’t know for certain until you plug it in.

If all you’re after is hum canceling, wouldn’t something as simple as a grounded spike bar work?

The player needs 24 watts. That means 2 amps (2000ma) of current at 12v and 2.7A (2700ma) at 9v. It might work on less - but that’s a gamble.

Combining two of the 9v 660ma outs only gives you 1320. Less than half the recommended need.

You’d need a big battery to power it for any reasonable amount of time.

A 9v 2000mah battery will supply the needed current - but only for an hour. 4000 (2), 6000 (3) etc.